Why some people hate the dark knight?

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 03:38 pm
I know everyone has their own taste in movies. But what is it that people don't like about the dark knight?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 11,157 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 03:49 pm
@Steven07,
Personally, I thought it was the best of the Batman movies. Edgy to the max. Ledger's character portrayal and acting was/were superb...was out of his mind. Enough so, I think he went over the edge and perhaps it was where he was heading anyhow. However, I digress.

Back to the point - this movie's far too edgy and dark for some mainstream people's taste. There are some who prefer happy peaceful movies. This is not for those people.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 03:53 pm
@Steven07,
Are you asking specifically about "The Dark Night"?

Poor dialogue.
Poor plot.
Poor character development.
It's a f**** remake.
It's a f***** sequel.

But there are lots of reasons:
Too loud.
Not loud enough.
Too much violence.
Not enough violence.
Too dark.
Too bright.
Ragman

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 04:09 pm
@parados,
Dark Knight (2008) movie has received favorable critical and boxoffice high marks. In fact on the famous movie databse website, www.imdb.com they have it listed as 9th on their alltime Top 250 movies with over 650,000 responders. Mighty high praise and consideration. It also received 2 Academy Awards (Ledger receiving one of them).

Oh, and it grossed ($1B USD)

Dark Knight
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/

Heath Ledger
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005132/
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 04:22 pm
@Steven07,
There was also a backlash at IMDb as it "threatened" to become the number one film on the IMDb Top 250 list and ouster The Godfather at the time of release.

Many people dismiss the film because it's a comic book movie.

I loved the film even though it had a few acting flaws. Loved the score, the story, and direction as well. But for a great deal of people, it just wasn't their piece of cake.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 04:29 pm
@Steven07,
Steven07 wrote:

I know everyone has their own taste in movies. But what is it that people don't like about the dark knight?
Since I like the film I can't really say why some people might not like it. But I might speculate that some people aren't comfortable with an ending that casts the hero in a less than heroic light, although I think that's exactly why the film is brilliant. This is the only Batman film ever to make a cogent argument for why Batman needs to be a "Dark" Knight.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 07:25 pm
I haven't seen it yet Sad
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 07:53 pm
@jcboy,
And to think I respected you JC. (((sniff))) Sad Now I just don't know anymore. Crying or Very sad
parados

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 08:04 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
It also received 2 Academy Awards

Titanic won best picture and it's dialogue, characters, plot were a lot worse than Dark Knight.

For some people a movie just isn't a movie if it doesn't have special effects. I find it a poor substitute for a real story.

Meanwhile, Gone With the Wind is on TV tonight.
0 Replies

Steven07

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 04:08 am
@parados,
@parados thanks for sharing yor opinion. The dark knight is my all time fav movie. I'v watched it more than 25 times..and cudn't get enuf of it. It's kinda hurts to take bad criticism on ur fav movie. But we aren't all same..anwes wat acording you is the best comic book movie ? Andi disagree on u when you said there was action but not enuf,bad acting, bad plot,bad dialogues?? What kinda movie do you watch?
0 Replies

joysingh46

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 03:53 am
I think some people have their own problem for this reason.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 01:20 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

I haven't seen it yet Sad

It's almost been four years since you posted this horrible travesty. So? Have ya seen it yet?? Cool
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 03:13 pm
Quote:
Why some people hate the dark knight?

I don't know about hate, but it's a pretty boring movie franchise.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 01:39 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
And to think I respected you JC. (((sniff))) Sad Now I just don't know anymore. Crying or Very sad

I haven't seen any of the Batman movies either. I'm not much into comic book superheroes.

But.... If the Nolan movies were re-shown in 70MM at a nearby IMAX, I'd probably go.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 09:43 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

tsarstepan wrote:

I haven't seen any of the Batman movies either. I'm not much into comic book superheroes.

http://i68.tinypic.com/s4oww3.gif
oralloy

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 11:18 am
@tsarstepan,
Did you see there is a new Indiana Jones movie coming, still with Harrison Ford in the lead role?
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 11:42 am
@oralloy,
Yeah. Really worried about it. Especially since it still has the same writer as Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008). At least Shia LeBeefcake hasn't been cast (as of yet) to return to the franchise.
oralloy

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 12:20 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'd kind of like to see a well-made reboot/remake of the original movie (with new actors) to see a modern take on it.
0 Replies

Thomas33

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 12:53 pm
The Dark Knight deserves its status, however it isn't without some flaws.
The first and biggest problem is the duo of Christian Bale and Michael Caine; I'm sorry, but they're simply not sympathetic characters throughout the movie, or at least the way they're presented on screen does nothing to make them engaging.

TDK is all about Two-face and the Joker; they're the reasons for the film's greatness.
The other thing is that TDKR doesn't serve the legacy of TDK, retroactively undermining the greatness of the film (although TDKR isn't a bad film).
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 11:53 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
All three of Christopher Nolan's Batman films starring Christian Bale, a.k.a. "The Dark Knight" trilogy, are returning to IMAX screens and on 70mm film for a five-city, special engagement starting at the end of the month, Warner Bros.' president of domestic distribution Jeff Goldstein announced Tuesday.

The first stop on the tour will take place on March 30 at the Universal Cinema AMC at CityWalk Hollywood. Warner Bros. will screen 2005's "Batman Begins," 2008's "The Dark Knight" and 2012's "The Dark Knight Rises" back-to-back-to-back. Then between the second and third films, Nolan will join the audience for a moderated Q&A discussion on the movies.

On April 13, the trilogy will screen at AMC Lincoln Square in New York City and AMC Metreon in San Francisco, followed by Cinesphere Ontario Place, Toronto, and IMAX Theatre at the Indiana State Museum, Indianapolis, on April 20. Each of the subsequent screenings will be accompanied by the footage of Nolan's Los Angeles Q&A.

The films will screen on IMAX 70mm in all five cities.

http://www.thewrap.com/the-dark-knight-trilogy-returning-to-imax-screens-in-70mm-for-special-engagement/
0 Replies