OK, KIDS, LET'S ALL PLAY NICE

Setanta

Wed 23 Nov, 2011 12:08 pm
This thread is not my idea, you can thank Thack for this. The purpose of this thread is to say something nice about the other members (either those who show up here, or anyone whom you would like to praise). So, i'll start it off--by and large, my experience of Thack is that, although having a trenchant sense of humor, and seemingly unwilling to suffer fools, he (?) is consistently courteous, and certainly doesn't engage in flame wars.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 31 • Views: 13,533 • Replies: 121
Topic Closed

djjd62

Wed 23 Nov, 2011 12:32 pm
@Setanta,
shout out to roberta, despite the kvetching, a goil what loves animals can't be all bad Razz
Setanta

Wed 23 Nov, 2011 12:34 pm
Djjd hates politicians, all politicians. That highly recommends him in all polite company.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 23 Nov, 2011 12:36 pm
@Setanta,
I really would like to say something nice about Valter.

Done.
wandeljw

Wed 23 Nov, 2011 12:38 pm
I never had a pet that followed me more loyally than spendius.
Setanta

Wed 23 Nov, 2011 12:43 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Hahahahahahaha . . . nicest Dutchman i ever knew . . .
0 Replies

rosborne979

Wed 23 Nov, 2011 01:50 pm
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:
I never had a pet that followed me more loyally than spendius.
I never knew an owner more tolerant and forgiving of bad behavior than Wandel.
0 Replies

jcboy

Wed 23 Nov, 2011 03:09 pm
This is for OmSigDAVID. A man with a pistol the size of a 44 magnum in his pants can’t be all bad.
roger

Wed 23 Nov, 2011 03:18 pm
@jcboy,
It's a .44 Special
0 Replies

georgeob1

Wed 23 Nov, 2011 03:35 pm
Well I'll add that Setanta is occasionally not the snarling, irritable flamer he usually is.
Ragman

Wed 23 Nov, 2011 03:43 pm
@georgeob1,
setanta who?
0 Replies

wayne

Wed 23 Nov, 2011 03:49 pm
Rosborne has a really nice avatar.
And Ceili's signature line is great.
ehBeth

Wed 23 Nov, 2011 03:50 pm
@wayne,
I like posters.

Pretty much.
georgeob1

Wed 23 Nov, 2011 04:09 pm
@ehBeth,
I like ehbeth. She's a good, solid, run-of-the-mill poster.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 23 Nov, 2011 04:30 pm
egrek zed
Reyn

Wed 23 Nov, 2011 06:13 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
OK, KIDS, LET'S ALL PLAY NICE

[...] The purpose of this thread is to say something nice about the other members (either those who show up here, or anyone whom you would like to praise). [...]

Setanta wrote:

You insult my intelligence, what do you expect in return? Why don't you go clutter up someone else's thread, i've never thought very much of what you post as it is.

But before you go, thanks for ******* up my thread.

link
Setanta

Wed 23 Nov, 2011 06:19 pm
@Reyn,
So what's your point? You just wanted to drop by and show some righteous indignation? You needn't have bothered, i already knew that about you.

The best thing about Reyn is that he usually doesn't pay any attention to me. He's a great guy.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 23 Nov, 2011 06:36 pm
Please note two things here. Mr. Righteous indignation did not post the entire opening post, which is no big problem but his post leaves out the fact that i was responding to something Thack said in another thread. Second, he left out the time stamps--my response to TS was made before i started this thread. I'm sure he's trying to make a feeble case for hypocrisy on my part, but it's pretty thin, given that saying something nice is the purpose of this thread, and given that TS had something snotty to say to me in the earlier thread from which he pulled the other quote, but which Reyn did not post here.

Finally, for the record, i have no grudge against Reyn. It became apparent to me a long time ago that he didn't like me, or at least had resolved to take no notice of what i post. So, as is the case with TS, you have to wonder why he shows up now. In the case of TS, he said long ago that he wouldn't respond to me because he didn't like how i address other members--and yet he showed up pretty quickly in my thread this morning.

Reyn, apparently has felt the same way, although he's never said it that i know of. Yet he takes this opportunity to take a pot shot here. Way to go, Reyn, thanks for ******* up the thread.
mismi

Wed 23 Nov, 2011 06:40 pm
Oh I like this thread!

Set is never boring. Ever.

0 Replies

Rockhead

Wed 23 Nov, 2011 06:41 pm
@Setanta,
I think mebbe you're not doing this nice thing quite right. keep trying...

and I appreciate your old lady. she does a pretty good job of keeping you in trim.