ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 09:21 pm
I've been watching intermittently.
The part that has made me happiest really belongs in the t.v. forum, but I'm not going to post a separate thread.

Angels in America.

Quote:
Among the TV winners, HBO's six-hour adaptation of playwright Tony Kushner's "Angels in America" took best miniseries or TV movie; co-star Meryl Streep was picked best TV movie actress and Jeffrey Wright supporting TV actor.

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Entertainment/ap20040125_1663.html

I just saw Al Pacino go up to accept his award for this project.

I'm shaking my head in absolute wonder that they could make this project be meaningful 10 years after many of us were first exposed to the play. I remember at the time we wondered how it would hold up over time. Thank goodness it did.

Was Diane Keaton really that good in Something's Got to Give?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,197 • Replies: 7
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 09:26 pm
This is great news! I've only seen the second installment of Angels... but I loved it. I think Emma Thompson ought to win something for her outstanding role as the angel.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 09:53 pm
aaaaaaaaannnnnd the winners are:

Lost in Translation

and

Lord of the Rings

Now to wait for the media reports (and pix of all the dresses).
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 09:56 pm
Wow, cool! Looks like worthy winners all around.

I've read the Diane Keaton is absolutely amazing in Something's Got to Give. (She won?)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 10:01 pm
She won. I saw an edge of her acceptance speech and then read about it at Reuters.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2004 11:39 am
Did anyone else catch Bill Murray's acceptance?
Was it as wonderfully snarky as it seemed to me?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 01:42 pm
You'd expect anything else from Bill Murray but his sardonic humor?

This morning "The Return of the King" was nominated for 11 Oscars, "Cold Mountain" for only two (in the majors). It looks like it will could win all 11 but it has competition in the adaptation category for screenplay with "Cold Mountain," "Master and Commander" and "Seabisquit." Those nominations will be announced and I will begin a thread on the Oscars. I'm glad someone started one of the Golden Globes. Thanks, Ebeth.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 01:46 pm
Wasn't the crew of Will and Grace nominated? Did they not win, again? Hee heee. Loved Ema Thompson too, though I suffered a serious jet-lag when watching and slept through most of it. I- I - I - I was so tired....
0 Replies