two girls should i stop or try for the boy

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 01:15 am
my mother and father devorced when i was 2 yrs old my father remarried at the time i was his only child now he has 6 daughters i am his only son to carry the family name i am now married and have two daughters of my own my wife wants one more child but i am unsure i see my father and notice he has a hard time living with all females and when i visit him he seems to run to me so we can spend some guy time away from the girls i know he hopes for me to try for the boy but i am unsure about having too many girls like him i love my daughters they are my princesess i dont think i can love them same way i can love a son and i too want my last name to carry on i have spoken to my wife and any choice i make will be discused further right now i would just like input on the situation. Thank you.

View best answer, chosen by cuervo
roger

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 03:06 am
@cuervo ,
If your financial and emotional situation will stretch that far, I would say to try for a boy - wife being willing, I mean.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 04:31 am
@cuervo ,
Our planet just surpassed 7 billion people. What happens if your third child is a girl? Go for a fourth? If that's a girl? Then a fifth? Can you support a large family?

Continuing ones last name as historical legacy is a bit of obsolete sentimentality.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 04:48 am
@cuervo ,
Perhaps I find the idea of "carrying the family name" medieval, but I don't think a woman shouldn't be able to do so. I use my family name more than my married name and I am a woman. Children can legally pick what last name they want to use and pass on. I think if you really want a male child you should adopt a baby boy.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 04:50 am
@Green Witch,
Adoption? Win/win idea!
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 05:59 am
@cuervo ,
If you want a third child and your wife wants a third child and you can afford it both in terms of money and time, go for it. Daughters and their fathers seem to form a powerful bond that is unique to that of fathers and sons or mothers and daughters. If you get another girl count your blessings; it's no bad thing.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 06:14 am
@cuervo ,
Seeing that your post has no period, in a few months the expectant baby will soon answer the question.
Linkat

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 12:12 pm
@cuervo ,
First off - you should only have additional children if you and your wife both want them and can take care of them. If you really want to keep the family name - why not have one of your daughters use their middle name as your family name? And really how important is it to have a family name?

I have two girls and am perfectly happy with the two (even though I was used to boys having all brothers growing up). After the second was born, my husband immediately turned to me and said should we try for a third - meaning maybe a boy for the third. My answer - well you could end up like your brother if we keep trying - (he has 5 girls - no boys). That shut him up.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 12:13 pm
@Green Witch,
Quote:
I think if you really want a male child you should adopt a baby boy.

Great idea -what my husband and I discussed if we felt we were financially able for a third.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 12:54 pm
No one can really answer this except you.

I hate these kinds of questions. We don't know your financial situation. We don't know how badly you want another child. We don't know how important it is for your family name to continue.

What is your answer to your question?
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 02:41 pm
@cuervo ,
cuervo wrote:
. . . i love my daughters they are my princesess i dont think i can love
them same way i can love a son and i too want my last name to carry on . . .
My input: Stop. Please.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 03:29 pm
@Ragman,
You should patten this new idea for a pregnancy test! No periods in a post = baby on the way.
engineer

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 03:47 pm
@Butrflynet,
That. would. certainly. change. how. we. do. punctuation.
roger

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 03:52 pm
@engineer,
. Smile .
0 Replies

cuervo

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 11:28 pm
im a US Marine. financialy yes i can. so i guess i will. when i return from Afghan ill probably start trying for the boy.
I hate the internet here i wrote a long response and when i pressed reply my net had been loged off sending me striaight to the log on page and loseing all my progress so this is the short version with out enogh periods ! sorry

- Mr Crow.
Linkat

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 09:46 am
@cuervo ,
First - thank you for your service. Second, your poor girls when they get older (I know this hubby was in the Marines and we have two girls) - but if you are like my husband all you have to do is look at a boy that shows the least bit of interest and they will be in fear for their lives!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 01:58 pm
@cuervo ,
Oh and I almost forgot -

Happy Marine Corp Birthday!
ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 02:27 pm
@cuervo ,
cuervo wrote:
i love my daughters they are my princesess i dont think i can love them same way i can love a son and i too want my last name to carry on

You think you would love a son more than you would love another daughter?

cuervo

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 09:46 pm
@Linkat,
Thank you so much the Cake they had here was not too bad
0 Replies

cuervo

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 09:51 pm
@ehBeth,
not what i ment although it may sound that way i ment i would not love them the same way not more or less. think of your favorite food, now think of your favorite pass time both are your favorite and you may even be able to do them at the same time, but you wouldnt say you love one more than the other would you?