Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 02:18 pm
i have a samsung laptop and it gets really hot and turns off, is it burning out?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,552 • Replies: 2
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 02:42 pm
@miss dragon,
Where do you use your laptop? On your lap? On a desk or tabletop? Do you have space between the bottom of the laptop and the surface?

You just might need some air circulation to help cool it down a bit. They plug into the USB port and tend to be rather inexpensive to buy.

What you might need is a laptop fan to place under the computer. It's a flat surface with a built in fan that pushes air into the computer and removes a lot of heat. It usually works unless you are having some
Major hardware issues where the heat is not coming from
Standard usage but as a symptom of a malfunctioning pieces of hardware (harddrive or processor perhaps).
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 02:51 pm
@miss dragon,
miss dragon wrote:

i have a samsung laptop and it gets really hot and turns off, is it burning out?

It might have dust and fluff in the ventilation grilles and inside around the CPU fan, or the fan might be slow or stopped. Personally I'd take it to a good repair shop for an internal clean and check.

0 Replies