Which movies should be left alone?

thiefoflight

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 03:15 pm
Metropolis was remade. Osamu Tezuka made an anime version in 2002. It's well done with some changes, the robot is a little girl. It's worth checking out and I'm not even an anime head!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 03:19 pm
Greyfan wrote:
To answer the question, though: I'd be very surprised to see anyone attempt a do-over of Casablanca, It Happened One Night, or It's A Wonderful Life.

Interestingly It's A Wonderful Life was remade as It Happened One Christmas.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 03:27 pm
The Star Wars trilogy.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 03:30 pm
Most Hitchcock should be left alone -- look what happened with "Psycho!" Can't imagine the ignorant audacity in remaking, say, "Vertigo."

Others I can think of that heretofore have not been attempted:

"Casablanca" (other than some half-hearted attempts at referencing the material, there's no real remake).

"All About Eve"

"The Day the Earth Stood Still"

So many.

"Dr. Zhivago" was just remade as a TV mini-series but did not see it. Actually, the original is not Lean's best effort. However, who's around to better it?

"The Producers" is being made as a musical from the Broadway hit. It could actually better the original -- perhaps the director of "Chicago," Rob Marshall could do it justice.
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 04:22 pm
The last "Billy Jack" movie was a remake of "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington". I haven't seen it, but I can only imagine...
0 Replies