McNabb Proves yet again that he is a LOSER

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 01:48 pm
Quote:
The Minnesota Vikings have benched former Redskins’ quarterback Donovan McNabb six games into the season, according to NFL.com’s Jason La Canfora.

The Vikings have stumbled to a 1-5 start with McNabb at the helm, and on Sunday, with Minnesota getting blown out 39-10, the 13th-year veteran was replaced by rookie Christian Ponder.

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said after the game that he hadn’t yet decided whether the change would be permanent, but two days later, the coach has decided to go with the Florida State product, whom Minnesota drafted 12th overall in April.

On the eve of training camp, the Redskins traded McNabb to the Vikings for a sixth-round pick and a second conditional sixth-rounder, just more than a year after they gave up second- and fourth-round picks to acquire him from the Philadelphia Eagles.

When he introduced McNabb as Washington’s new quarterback in 2010, Redskins’ Coach Mike Shanahan compared him to John Elway. Many believed the six-time Pro Bowl passer would lead the Redskins to the playoffs as the Shanahan era got underway.

But McNabb was benched with two minutes left in the Redskins’ Week 8 loss to Detroit, signed to a contract extension two weeks later, then benched again for the final three weeks of the season.

McNabb was due to earn $14.75 million from Washington this season – including a $10 million roster bonus on Sept. 12 – but the Redskins managed to trade him to Minnesota, which had interest in him in 2010

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/donovan-mcnabb-benched-in-favor-of-christian-ponder/2011/10/18/gIQAZawwuL_blog.html?wprss=football-insider

I am convinced that he would have been cashiered a couple of years ago if not for the fact that he is black, and the NFL is pushing to get more "minorities" into the QB position after criticism that there are too many whites in the position.

McNabb is now a three time loser....three coaches took a chance on him and paid big for his services but it never works, because McNabb is a LOSER!

Time to show this lazy ego filled no longer good enough for the NFL black man the exit. It is also time to stop dumping on Mike Shanahan, yes he made the mistake of liking McNabb, but he was smart enough and strong enough to recognize his mistake and change plans.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,414 • Replies: 8

Gargamel

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 08:37 am
@hawkeye10,
We get it. You don't like black people.

We've discussed this before.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 09:22 am
@Gargamel,
I see no explaination for McNabbs career longevity other than racial prefferencing, which I am apposed to.

I like Vick and I used to like Obama, both of whom are said to be black, jsyk.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 09:09 am
I saw this quote this morning and thought of you Hawk:

Sports Illustrated wrote:

Week 13 opening thoughts

1. You know I'm not exactly the president of the Donovan McNabb fan club, but the Bears need to call the unemployed McNabb today. Their quarterback situation is about to ruin a team with a real chance to be a factor in January.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/12/05/Week13/index.html#ixzz1ffnOqheW
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 09:32 am
@hawkeye10,
Right. It's because he's black. Not because he had a QB rating of 104.7 in 04, nor the double-digit TD's he's posted nearly every season, including the ones he suffered injuries in.

Granted, a good deal of his success was due his teammates as much as he while in Philly. However, I had him for a couple of seasons in my fantasy team and he posted better than the majority of the others. My guess is people keep hoping he'll find a good fit and get back to 2002-2006 numbers.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2012 05:55 pm
Quote:
Donovan McNabb expects to be on an NFL roster by the start of the 2012 season.

The 35-year-old has worked this offseason with quarterback coach George Whitfield, who helped train 2011 No. 1 overall pick Cam Newton, and dropped 15-20 pounds. He estimated in an interview with NBC SportsTalk that there's an "80 to 90 percent" chance that he'll be on a team by September.

"I have about three teams that I'm looking at," McNabb said.

The third overall pick in 1999, McNabb has been jettisoned by three teams in the past two seasons. He was dealt from the Eagles to the Redskins in 2010 and started 13 games but had 15 interceptions and 14 touchdowns, was publicly criticized by coach Mike Shanahan and landed with the Vikings. He started only six games before rookie Christian Ponder was inserted as the starter in Minnesota.

McNabb does accept that he'll likely only return to the NFL in a backup capacity.
He wasn't signed when the Vikings released him last season despite several teams -- including Chicago, Dallas and Kansas City -- facing injury questions at the quarterback position.

"I think teams are looking at what they have. They're evaluating their young quarterbacks, their backup situation," McNabb said. "Obviously, their starters they feel very confident in, but if things were to go wrong in training camp, or maybe the competition isn't where they need it to be, they'll obviously pick up the phone and call.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-06-29/sports/chi-mcnabb-35-says-he-expects-to-play-in-2012-20120629_1_training-camp-donovan-mcnabb-cam-newton

LOL, They'll be calling someone, but they wont be calling the LOSER McNAbb. This Schmuck should have put in a little more effort back when he still had a job. Now it is too late for anything but the daydreams.

OOPS!
engineer

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2012 07:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
Wow, you really have it out for the guy! He's an athlete on the downside of his career trying to stay in the game a little longer. You're probably right that no one's going to be calling but I don't begrudge him trying for one more snap.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 01:22 pm

well, you won't have D McNabb to kick around any more ...
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 02:36 pm
@Region Philbis,
He has been gone since 2011 when the Vikings decided he was useless and nobody has wanted him since then.
0 Replies