Do you like McDonalds

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 01:31 pm
Seeing a TV advertisement for a succulent Burger, I tried McDonald's. The Burger meal cost £5.29, but after a disgusting bite, I returned it to the counter. Though the manager agreed with me, he would not refund my money instead offered an ice-cream as compensation. Contacting McDonald's HQ UK, I was told some restaurants (this was one) were franchised and the owners are responsible for any customer feedback relating to their business (so they have the McDonald's Shop Front, the look, the customers and business, But can peddle rubbish, and there is no recourse from the Head Office). So even if you do like McDonald s remember that what ever is sold by the franchisee, (and you would not know which were, until you ate the disgusting "food") there is NO support from McDonald's and certainly no compensation or your money back. Subsequently, I DO NOT LIKE McDonald's.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 49 • Views: 21,489 • Replies: 256
Topic Closed

jcboy

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 06:05 pm
@1truepicture,
I haven’t eaten at a McDonald’s in years and I have no plans to go anytime soon. Horrible food!
0 Replies

boomerang

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 06:26 pm
@1truepicture,
Their french fries are yummy and their fish sandwiches aren't awful but no, I don't really like McDonalds.
jjorge

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 06:36 pm
yes, I like McDonalds although their food (like most fast food) is loaded with sodium, fat, and calories.
It is an occasional 'guilty pleasure' for me.
Anyone who has a gourmet's palate, probably WON'T like McDonald's fare!
hawkeye10

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 06:40 pm
Yes, to a point. Used to love the frys but they now suck.

Like Big Mac, chesseburger, fish sand. Big Mac has been rip-off priced for a long time so I rarely order it. In America they never recovered from "make it fresh" as wait times have often been very bad. I have also seen a lot of problems with dirty dinning rooms, cold fries, improper drive through orders and not very friendly staff. I think they are successful only because corporate has done a good job of adjusting the menu over the years and good marketing.

They started to loose me when they degraded the fries to make them more healthy, and then again with Make it Fresh, and then again because the one nearest my house is corporate and always poorly managed. I go rarely now.
0 Replies

roger

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 06:48 pm
@jjorge,
I like their bacon, cheese, egg biscuit - but maybe not every day. The plain fact is that McDonalds turns out a very good biscuit. For a brief time, they even offered biscuits and gravy. Would have been great, but somehow, they dumped a days worth of salt into an hours worth of gravy.
Setanta

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 06:53 pm
My trick is to go in there and tell them i'm on a no salt diet. As they salt their burgers when they cook them, that means they have to cook one up fresh for you. It's a good idea to have some salt packets in your pocket. That also means you get fresh french fries. The burger isn't the best you'll ever have, but it's pretty good if you get if fresh.
0 Replies

mags314772

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 06:54 pm
@1truepicture,
McDonald's..A great place to Pee!

That's all we ever use it for. I think they're missing out on a great advertising campaign.
roger

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 06:59 pm
@mags314772,
Might be a tough message to get across, but you're right. Gas stations used to be good, but now you mostly have to beg for a key which is often attached to a concrete block, or the only gas seller around is something attached to a grocery store
0 Replies

Green Witch

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 07:33 pm
@mags314772,
Totally agree on the potty use. They tend to be clean and safe. They never have a sign that says "Bathrooms for customers only". It's been years since I've eaten any of their meat products, but I do get their coffee or unsweetened ice tea sometimes. I don't know if they still have them, but I remember having a frozen yogurt thingy that I thought okay, but not good enough to go out of my way for it.
MMarciano

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 07:36 pm
@boomerang,
I can agree with this, the only thing I like is the fish sandwiches. Lousy burgers though.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 07:40 pm
I eat there occasionally. To me, a burger joint is a burger joint, whether they call it MacDonalds, Burger King or Wendies. Not enough difference to be picky about.
Eva

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 07:54 pm
I love the fries! I like the fish sandwiches too, and I eat them quite often. My only complaint is that they never seem to put the same amount of tartar sauce on them. Sometimes there's only a teaspoon, and sometimes there's so much I have to scrape off half of it.

That's a standard lunch-on-the run for me: Fish sandwich, medium fries, Diet Coke.

They make a really good fruit & yogurt parfait. Vanilla yogurt, strawberries and blueberries, with a packet of granola you can add if you like. They recently started making these smaller, so now it takes two of them to make a breakfast. But they're only $1 each.

(Psst...roger. All the biscuits for McDonald's west of the Mississippi are made by Bama Pie here in Tulsa.)

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 07:57 pm
I like McDonalds.

Right blend of fat and salt.

hawkeye10

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 08:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I like McDonalds.

Right blend of fat and salt.

They have clearly been cutting back on salt, however two weeks ago I ate a McD's burger that tasted like the old days. It came as a shock...a good one.
0 Replies

jjorge

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 09:49 pm
@mags314772,
Ha, ha! I love it! mags!

...and it IS a great place to pee!
0 Replies

Linkat

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 07:11 am
@1truepicture,
Once an a while I will go there - usually I just get a cheeseburger nothing bigger as it is so bad for you. I also like their snack wraps - usually if I get something there, it is something small just to fill me up.

One thing though I noticed is the quality (not that in the US the quality is great) in the UK is not the same as the US - also the taste is different. They may have a different recipe in the UK...not sure. But I didn't like the burgers in the UK at McDonalds or anywhere else I tried them. You do have excellent fish and chips though!
ossobuco

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 11:44 am
@Linkat,
I had a package of fries recently, for a salt fix on a long day. Eh!
Good bathroom though.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 11:51 am
@ossobuco,
I think the quality of their bathrooms matters more to women than men.
hawkeye10

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 11:55 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I think the quality of their bathrooms matters more to women than men.
one would hope....