Pitch me your idea for a Broadway musical...

firefly

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2011 01:19 pm
Mommie Dearest--Audiences loved Bernadette Peters as moma Rose in Gypsy, and wait til they see her as moma Joan, the quirky, misunderstood movie-star mom, in this glittering musical homage to the glamor days of Hollywood . The dazzling, "March of the Wire Hangers" dance ensemble, with stunning laser light-show effects, will bring theater goers to their feet cheering, and when Peters belts out her, "I Need Bigger Shoulder Pads" and "Bring Me a Pepsi--With Vodka!" show-stoppers, patrons will be left gasping in their seats and fanning themselves with their Playbills. If you love Tinseltown, and the grand old big-screen stars, you will be in heaven when you spend an evening with Mommie Dearest.
0 Replies

Robert P

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2014 07:12 pm
@tsarstepan,
Hi.

There is a book called, The President Scrooge Report -- Voter's Edition. It's political satire with Scrooge as a U.S. president needing to be redeemed from his war-mongering ways. A number of the tunes that were written for the story are memorable. I would be eager to send you a copy of the book if interested. Thanks for listening. Best wishes to you,

Regards,

Robert
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2014 04:28 pm
Citizen Cane

The latest confection to hit the Broadway stage for the Christmas season, it chronicles the tale of Candy Cane's rise as the sweet treat most symbolic of yuletide. Our plucky little heroine confronts sexism, chocolate Santas, rum balls, sugar cookies, dentists, and corporate greed, along her way to the top. From the opening scene, at Candy's cradle, when her mother sings, "I'm Raising Cane" urging her babe to not let anything stop her, to Candy's own declaration, "Anything Hershey's Can Do, Cane Can Do Better" to the rousing finale, "Cane Someone For Christmas"--with licorice whips and popcorn chains proclaiming Candy Cane the dominatrix of the season--this joyful romp is destined to become a perennial family favorite.
0 Replies

Towanda

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2017 08:52 am
@tsarstepan,
The Other Side of the Revolution: the Loyalist Johnsons of the Mohawk Valley
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 01:41 pm
"A Day at the Office"

2.5 hours of a guy sitting in a cubicle working at a computer. Mostly surfing the internet. 1 hour in, he gets up and goes off stage to get coffee and use the restroom.
0 Replies

nacredambition

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2017 09:38 pm
@tsarstepan,
The greatest contrivance that ever sought to convey you through Sherwoodian performance , this off Broadway concoction of Robin Hood: Men In Tight will have you turning green.

The cattle call cavalcade of hoofers on display is stupendous. The lyres have it so that the gut reaction to the song sheet is as completely bucolic as the orchestra stalls.

The action is ribald , risible and largely lute in this raucous caucus that borders on the criminal.

Gags abound in such knee slapping songs as Friar Tuck's Spoonerisms , Who Maid Marion, and I'm Not The Marion Kind , a fitting finale.

0 Replies

liyagrey

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2017 10:00 pm
@tsarstepan,
The Phantom of the Opera
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2017 10:51 pm
@tsarstepan,
One who flew over the last cookoo nest.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2017 10:56 pm
MY DINNER WITH ANDRE.

One act. One scene. One song.

The song is 2 guys having a conversation at dinner for 2 hours.
jespah

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2017 09:10 am
@Kolyo,
No one will be seated during the rousing 'asparagus makes my pee smell funny' chorus.
0 Replies