Should There Be An Occupy Able2know?

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 08:29 am
Should people be going into other threads, "being shakers and bringing attention to this movement?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,792 • Replies: 22
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 08:40 am
@reasoning logic,
The issue is a tad too moot. People already do that "being [political] shakers" for their own movement Even if there wasn't the Operation Wall Street presently going on right now.

The idea of an Occupy a2k sounds amusing and a notable venture if it wasn't for the fact that anyone politically and liberally involved here at a2k wouldn't have to really do anything different or take on any extra hardship or make any sacrifice that someone in the actual Occupy Wall Street is now making due to their political stance and physical encampment.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 08:52 am
@tsarstepan,
I would just like to get people to question things and think for themselves rather than not thinking about things at all. Some people have not even considered the zeitgeist at hand.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 09:40 am
@reasoning logic,
Because of the all out media blitz on the movement, you're probably quite right. There are probably a sizable group of people either unintentionally (subconsciously) or deliberately tuning this movement out for shallow or cynical reasons of their own.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 10:30 am
Steve Jobs on occupy!

roger

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 01:16 pm
@tsarstepan,
Ya sure? Maybe he just wants us to get together and protest people disagreeing with him.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 01:40 pm
@roger,
I would start with questioning the environment that you are in and if you are happy with your answers, "then be happy! If not start a dialog about what you see as being wrong with your environment.
I can not promise that you will see a change but you do have to admit that it is a more courageous thing to do than to be submissive to the things that you think are problematic to the society that you dwell in!
RABEL222

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 01:20 pm
@reasoning logic,
It must be having an effect. The conservatives are trying to get it labeled liberal rather than a bunch of people who are pissed with the fact that 99% are sucking hind tit while the bought politicians make sure that the 1% keep their lead in power and money. I wonder why the tea party was picked up right away by the media but occupy had to go to many cities in several weeks to be recognized as a political force by the media?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 12:49 pm
@reasoning logic,
What a crock, but someone affiliated with OWS has marketing talent.

Someone of similar talent could produce an equally effective clip celebrating the round pegs that occupy the round holes.

These efforts to portray OWS as heroic only make it seem more ludicrous.

Style is driven by change, but change is driven by substance.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 04:46 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
These efforts to portray OWS as heroic only make it seem more ludicrous.

This is subjective!
The only thing that would make it seem more heroic is if you agreed with what they are doing and how they were doing it!
If their cause is not yours how could they ever seem heroic?

Quote:
change is driven by substance.

Do you mean like the thousand occupy protests in different cities around the US and the many other occupies that are happening in all the other countries around the word?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 05:00 pm
I don't get your question - do you want to invade threads of all sorts as some (I'll include myself) do?

Not a good idea re proselytizing.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 05:28 pm
@ossobuco,
I am not so much interested in proselytizing as I am wakening the rest of the masses!

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 06:10 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
People can believe in all sorts of crazy things. Kind of like me believing that if you and the rest of the world were to think that George Bush was lying in this video and you were to do an investigation, "Bush and many more would be in prison!

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 06:25 pm
@reasoning logic,
Most regulars on a2k know about this already. There is a lot of hearty arguing if you just look at the threads going on. You want to invade other threads about other subjects? NFL football?

That's not funny. You are being a twit on this.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 06:32 pm
@ossobuco,

Quote:
Most regulars on a2k know about this already. You want to invade other threads?

That's not funny.

I guess that we should only concentrate on the few!
Was there a poll done to confirm this? I have spoken with some that knew nothing about it!
Many others that I came in contact with on the streets knew nothing about it 2 weeks in!
ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 06:49 pm
@reasoning logic,
"I guess that we should only concentrate on the few!"

What does that have to do with invading a2k? None of us mind if you open threads, though real discussion has been going on for a while now, other threads may work. If you throw your points of view into all sorts of threads, you are invasive and foolish and spamming.

What are you, like four?

That happens to be a reference.

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 06:57 pm
@ossobuco,
What if people are dieing by the thousands and the only way to get people to know about it is to share with them threw social media?

Give me a logical answer to this and you may have more persuasion on me!

Bush speaks about the planes hitting the twin towers at 1 minute 45 seconds into this video. Is he lying or did he forget and if so what is your explanation?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 07:01 pm
@reasoning logic,
You are mistaking presence for substance.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 07:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Their presence is the substance needed to waken the sleeping giant!
wandeljw

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 07:10 pm
@reasoning logic,
waken the sleeping giant.......waken the masses

Where or what is your substance?

It merely sounds like you are trying to be fashionable.