Mon 5 Sep, 2011 02:24 am
Climate Change:
WHy is it there?
How has it affected the people living with it?
How has it changed?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 11 • Views: 6,703 • Replies: 15
Topic Closed
No top replies

Setanta

Mon 5 Sep, 2011 04:27 am
Homwork:

Why is it there?
How has it affected those who have to do it?
Have you finished yours?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Mon 5 Sep, 2011 05:32 am
@Angelwithtudie,
Angelwithtudie wrote:

Climate Change:
WHy is it there?
How has it affected the people living with it?
How has it changed?

I'm curious to know what schools are saying about Climate Change.

What type of class are they covering this in?
What are they telling you about Climate Change?
What grade are you in?
What country/state are you in?
Fil Albuquerque

Tue 5 Mar, 2013 01:30 pm
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 8 May, 2014 09:15 pm
I'm watching the initial episode of Years of Living Dangerously. A Showtime series. Is anyone else watching? Interesting people are asking the questions I think we're all wondering about, and searching for ways to unite diverse people toward a solution.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 14 Apr, 2017 07:04 am
https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

I still don't understand why people are motivated to disbelieve global warming.
McGentrix

Fri 14 Apr, 2017 07:32 am
@Lash,
49 Former NASA Scientists Send A Letter Disputing Climate Change

Quote:
49 former NASA scientists and astronauts sent a letter to NASA Administrator Charles Bolden last week admonishing the agency for it’s role in advocating a high degree of certainty that man-made CO2 is a major cause of climate change while neglecting empirical evidence that calls the theory into question.

Not agreeing nor disagreeing, but maybe this will help you understand?
camlok

Fri 14 Apr, 2017 10:04 am
@McGentrix,
"“These American heroes ..."

Yuck, the usual yucky American propaganda. What a lousy dog and pony show!
0 Replies

isioma

Sat 15 Apr, 2017 12:56 am
climate change --increas the radiation levels so now over come this problem best solution to use natural daylighting devices--
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 05:51 pm
News of the weird. *Greenland* is on fire. They don't seem quite sure about how this keeps happening, but they do seem sure that it's happening a lot more often recently.

Concerns about ALREADY RAPIDLY MELTING permafrost.

Gloom, despair, and agony on me. Deep dark depression, excessive misery. If it warn't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all. Gloom, despair, and agony on meeeee.

My planet is in the shitter in every conceivable way.

https://m.forbes.com/sites/ericmack/2017/08/10/greenland-wildfire-ice-sheet-climate/?c=0&s=trending#4df509cb1362

0 Replies

Utkarsha

Tue 4 Dec, 2018 06:26 am
@Angelwithtudie,
Global Warming is increasing the average temperature of the Earth’s Environment. The scientific research concludes that the temperature of the earth is rising continuously due to the influence of human activities and Industrial Influences in the environment. To study the rate of temperature and make some preventive measures “Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change” (IPCC) was formed. IPCC precisely define the change in climate as by the passing time.
Global Warming causes the rise in earth temperature, melting of Glaciers, Wildlife disturbance, Change in Weather, Environment pollution and release of Harmful gases etc. According to ‘National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’ (NOAA) from over the past 100 years, the average temperature increase of earth is 0.8 degree Celsius (1.4 degrees Fahrenheit). Global Warming also disturbs Oceanic Life and leads to the death of numerous marine animals.
The Green House Gases are being the biggest source of Global Warming due to Human activities. Green House Gases include Water Vapor, Carbon Dioxide, Methane gas, Nitrous Oxide and other gases which are mainly responsible for the increase in the earth temperature by human activities. From the last two centuries, scientists concluded that the temperature of the earth has been increased maximally by the interference of human in the natural environment. The increase in Industries and generation of Waste material and plastics leads to discharge of the huge amount of gases and produces environmental pollution are another source of Global Warming.
The balance in Ecology needs everything i.e. to plant, animals, wildlife, marine life as well as humans too. But the increased human activity is destroying this ecology very rapidly and increasing the level of pollution.
The continuous increase in Global Warming will cause a significant change in climate, rise in sea level, increasing Ocean Acidification, Extreme Rainfall or change in weather (like Tsunami or Cyclone) can make a huge impact on the environment and living beings. The Hurricanes, Cyclones, and Tsunami are the most destructive in nature and killing many lives. The change in temperature may lead to the destruction of the earth if the earth temperature increases with this pace.
It’s high time when the preventive measures are needed to be taken by us to save the earth and our lives too. The balance is needed to maintain the atmosphere of the earth and to minimize the effect of global warming. The industries should minimize the Industrial waste and reduction in letting the harmful gases discharged into the environment. All these things lead to the depletion of Earth’s Ozone Layer, which is responsible to stop the Ultra Violet Rays enter into the earth’s atmosphere and increase the earth temperature.
0 Replies

Jewels Vern

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 01:01 am
@Lash,
Everybody considers what is presented to them, what they can see with their own sensors, what they have been told in the past, and various impressions about various things. Then they decide to believe or disbelieve or seek more information. The fact that they don't agree with you does not mean they had to be hit in the head: they just make their decision based on something you don't know about.
Olivier5

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 02:41 am
@Jewels Vern,
Jewels Vern wrote:

The fact that they don't agree with you does not mean they had to be hit in the head: they just make their decision based on something you don't know about.

They were lied to, and they believed the lies because they were more convenient, less disturbing than the truth. It’s really not that complicated.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 02:45 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

I still don't understand why people are motivated to disbelieve global warming.

Convenience. You can keep mass-slaugthering the little kids without being bothered by guilt.
0 Replies

Karamba

Wed 25 Sep, 2019 12:11 pm
@rosborne979,
My school covers it in geography grade 9 as well as briefly mentioning it in other science classes as it is a basic to understand.
It is covered pretty extensively including most of the courses and learning why Sitten gas is wise than others. In regards to the consequences it mainly focused on the change in climate and whether including the more extreme nature catastrophes

I’am in Germany and am dyslexic so please excuse grammar and spelling
Lash

Wed 25 Sep, 2019 04:49 pm
@Karamba,
Nice to hear your opinion.
0 Replies