how to loose weight :(

jaidaA

Tue 30 Aug, 2011 06:19 pm
hi my name is jaida i am 13 years old and i weigh 240 i really want to loose this weight because i really dot want to stay fat forever i really don't every time i look in the mirror i see this big beast i don't want to see that anymore i wanna be healthy i wanna feel healthy. my grandparents and my sister go to work and i am just stuck at home i am always bored and there is the kitchen by being alone the food in the kitchen is very tempting since i'm alone i feel like i could eat whatever i want like nobody could stop me. so if anybody out there can give me advise i would very much like that .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 73 • Views: 14,161 • Replies: 58
Topic Closed
No top replies

maporsche

Tue 30 Aug, 2011 09:23 pm
@jaidaA,
Tell your grandparents to only buy healthy food.
Read books to not be so bored.
Go outside.
Learn some self control.
0 Replies

MonaLeeza

Tue 30 Aug, 2011 11:55 pm
@jaidaA,
Hi Jaida
I think it's fantastic that you want to be healthier and I really wish you lots of luck...believe me I know how hard it can be ! Here are some thoughts....

You might find it helpful to get some professional help or talk to a doctor but you can lose weight and be healthier without doing that as well - you just have to stick with it.

You could join a gym but if that isn't possible there are lots of free ways to get more exercise - walking is a good start and I bet if you walk for a little while each day and build it up soon enough you will be feeling so much fitter and want to do even more exercise or play some sport. Even when you're not doing any 'exercise' try and keep moving - do things! You will be burning up calories even if you're doing the housework, weeding the garden or whatever and your grandparents will think it's great. Spend less time on the computer and watching tv . Find things to do when your grandparents and your sister are out or just put your favourite music on really loud and dance and then dance some more.... keep moving.

Learn more about good nutrition so you can make healthier food choices. You don't need to go on fancy diets that you can't keep up - try and eat healthier foods and cut back on how much you have each time. Most of us have meals that are way more than our body needs and then we feel full and sluggish and don't get enough exercise (can you tell I'm speaking from experience!?) You need to learn to listen to your body so that you're eating because your body needs food and not because you're lonely or bored or whatever. In Japan (where there aren't many fat people) they say you should only eat until you're 80% full.... but at the very least don't eat until you're more than 100% full! You might not be able to control what kind of food your family eats (though it wouldbe great if you could get everyone eating more healthily) but you should be able to control how much you have. You don't need to starve yourself - just eating less will make a difference.

Especially cut back on things like bread and pasta and potatoes - everyone I know who has lost weight and kept it off has cut back on the carbs. And of course fried stuff!

It seems really daunting to think of losing all the weight you want to lose but take it one day at a time and you can make little choices all the time that will make a difference when you add them all up. For example, have a glass of water instead of a coke, one potato instead of two, an apple instead of a piece of cake..... everytime you make a little decision like that you can pat yourself on the back and be inspired to keep trying. And every time you make a decision like that you are doing your body a huge favour and it will be getting better all the time.

Jaida, I'm sure you're a really beautiful girl but I know how awful it is not like what you see in the mirror and to feel unhealthy and I really believe that you can change it. Good luck.
PUNKEY

Wed 31 Aug, 2011 06:18 am
Jaida
Good for you that you want to get healthy. Smile

Can you talk to an adult, perhaps at church or at school about your desire to make some changes in your lifestyle and lose weight?

Are there some health clinics that help people lose weight around your home?

You will need a complete physical examine. Ask your parents to make an appointment with a doctor. (You probably need your immunization shots updated anyway)

Tell the Doctor you'd like to make some changes in your weight.

Good luck and tell us what happens.
0 Replies

jespah

Wed 31 Aug, 2011 06:19 am
@jaidaA,
It's good that you want to change things. That's the first step!

Lots of good ideas here. Do you have a bike? Maybe see about riding it instead of being driven to some places. If you don't have a bike, walking can still work (if it's safe, of course).

School is about to start if it hasn't already. Many schools have tracks and those are often safer places. Can you stay after school and walk around the outside track or inside the gym? Maybe ask the gym teacher if that's okay. Explain that you want to get some extra exercise. The gym teacher will probably say yes but it's a good idea to ask, plus sometimes the gym or the track are going to be used. Then you'd know.

Sugary sodas are often a way that teens gain weight. The good news is that they can be pretty easy to cut out. Replace them with water when you can. Some people like cold water, some people like it not so cold. Go with whatever works for you. If plain water doesn't taste good to you, try adding a flavor stick. Crystal Light and 4C make them and they aren't too many calories (usually no more than 20 at the outside). Compare that with nondiet sodas and the numbers are better.

Boredom is a big reason for weight gain - I know this personally. But when you get up and get out of the house, things are less boring and you're away from the kitchen and the TV. Can you explore your neighborhood? I walk around here all the time - and a few years ago, I never did. Now I know where there are chipmunks (I live in a city, so that's kinda neat) and even where there are rabbits. I walk by a house with a big lilac tree and it smells wonderful. Exploring can be great fun.

Good luck to you. I know this is not easy, but it is very rewarding. You can do it.
jaidaA

Thu 1 Sep, 2011 03:07 pm
@MonaLeeza,
thank you i will try Smile
0 Replies

firefly

Thu 1 Sep, 2011 09:27 pm
@jaidaA,
Weight Watchers has a really sensible, healthy lifestyle approach to losing weight, and I think it would be suitable for a teenager. It's probably one of the most painless ways to lose weight, and they give you a lot of support and help. They use a point system, which is much easier to follow than a strict diet, and it doesn't really eliminate any foods, although you do have to watch portion sizes with certain foods.
http://www.weightwatchers.com/plan/apr/index.aspx

If you don't want to go to WW's meetings, you can follow their plan on line.
http://www.weightwatchers.com/plan/www/online_01.aspx?navid=onlineaag

You can follow their plan at your own pace and you are given such a wide range of choices that you don't ever have to feel restricted, and you never have to go hungry. And they give you lots of useful tools and tips to help you along. Check out their Web site, or go to a WW's meeting and see what they are about. Some of the WW meeting locations also have drop-in hours, so you can just visit and chat with a staff member (like maybe during those times you are home alone bored).
Quote:
since I'm alone i feel like i could eat whatever i want like nobody could stop me

That sounds like eating whatever you want, when you are alone, is one way you're asserting your independence because, "nobody could stop me". The trouble is, asserting your independence and "freedom" that way is really self-defeating, because you don't like being overweight, and it's not true "freedom" because you're allowing yourself to be controlled by all that tempting food. You need to put yourself back in control, and you need to start making choices that will get you to the goals you choose and want. And wanting to be healthy, and to feel healthy, and to look healthy, is a great goal!

If you are home alone and often bored you do need to find some interesting things to do with your time. Why are you stuck at home? Are there any after-school activities that interest you? How about trying to learn something new or developing a new hobby? What sort of things do you enjoy? Do you like reading? Listening to music? Spending time on the computer? Do you have friends you can spend time with?
Maybe you need to set some goals or work out a plan to help you deal with boredom.

I think there are a lot of folks here at A2K who can give you useful advice, jaidaA. Just let us know exactly what sort of help you need.

0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
sandradavis

Wed 12 Oct, 2011 02:49 am
@jaidaA,
The best advice is reasonable diet,increasing physical activity.I do not recommend drugs to lose weight, most weight loss drugs have side effects.But the traditional Chinese medicine is said that good.It is green and healthy.
HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU!!
0 Replies

Kimaya

Sat 19 Nov, 2011 02:19 am
@jaidaA,
If you like to eat then eat but you need to workout too to keep your health good & if you want to keep eating as per your choices then exercise is must.
0 Replies

adampitt587

Tue 22 Nov, 2011 11:45 pm
Reduce calorie intake
Do activity like swimming, running, walking
cut down alcohol
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 20 Feb, 2012 12:52 am
First advise; don't go on a diet. They don't work, and people who try diets usually end up with more weight. Lifestyle change is what's needed. Eat healthier foods like fruits and veggies, drink more liquid, and exercise regularly - at least 4X's a week. Increase the exercise to the point where you're walking two to three miles every day.

Count the calories, stop the snacks, and eat celery or carrot sticks when you feel hungry. Stay away from sugar and carbohydrates.

Nobody can help you lose weight; you're on your own.
roger

Mon 20 Feb, 2012 01:28 am
@cicerone imposter,
The lifestyle change has my full endorsement. I made changes when I was diagnosed with diabetes, and both my weight and blood pressure became much lower. It took over a year to see the change in blood pressure, so don't expect quick and dramatic results.

Personally, I shudder at the thought of carrot sticks. If it works for a particular person, fine. If it isn't something that can be fit into the new lifestyle, find something else.
0 Replies

jackalan996

Wed 21 Mar, 2012 10:12 pm
@jaidaA,
Hi Dear,
First you have to stay happy. It is a way to keep health.
And then you have to plan your daily routine.
Do some meaning full exercise in the morning.
Neglect all the fat and oily foods. Keep strong control on your eating habits.
Use water mostly in day about 8 to 10 glasses.
I hope it will change your life and body figure.
0 Replies

harveysmith27

Mon 3 Sep, 2012 01:44 am
Weight losing not an easy task. You have to consider mainly two things dieting and exercise. Drink water as much as you can and avoid the oily and junk food. Eat more green vegetables, salad rather than oily food.
0 Replies

Simon Joseph

Mon 3 Sep, 2012 04:24 am
Hi guys,

The first thing that anyone considering a diet plan to lose 10 pounds fast needs to do is seek a doctor's advice on the plan to they want to follow. Your physician will be able to provide their educated advice on the diet after a full physical examination, which will let you know if this plan is right for you.

The following diet plans for how to lose weight quickly have worked for many people compared to other diet attempts. Find the diet that is right for you, check with your doctor, and get his or her approval before starting. Losing weight fast is the jump start many people need to begin a diet. Good luck with the one you choose!

Thanks and Regards
Simon Joseph
0 Replies

ennysmith

Tue 4 Sep, 2012 06:54 am
@jaidaA,
Stop eat junk food.
Drink a plenty water.
eat a vegetables and fruits
0 Replies

Monro

Tue 18 Sep, 2012 03:59 am
@jaidaA,
Hi jaidaA, It depend on you.How much you serious about your overweight?
Stop eating too much.Eat healthy foods and do exercise.If you ignore these things,it is so difficult for you to lose weight.
0 Replies

daisygrace

Thu 4 Oct, 2012 05:08 am
Go for regular exercise
Drink plenty of water
Take healthy foods and meals
Go for walk after eating meal
Avoid spicy foods which so unhealthy for you.
0 Replies

shamas72

Tue 9 Oct, 2012 04:02 am
@jespah,
It is necessary to you will complete physical examine,you should running every day to loose weight, gym for daily those exercise who the perform the your loose weight,