2011 proposed property taxes

jcboy

Tue 23 Aug, 2011 07:18 pm
So I received my notice today in the mail. It seems my home value dropped quite a bit since last years. I thought the market had leveled off, I guess not.

The good news is that my real estate tax bill will be less then last year. And since I don’t plan on selling and moving anytime soon I guess I have nothing to worry about.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 12 • Views: 1,504 • Replies: 6
Topic Closed
No top replies

roger

Tue 23 Aug, 2011 08:07 pm
@jcboy,
Yep. Not every county in every state even considers the declining value.
MMarciano

Wed 24 Aug, 2011 05:12 am
@roger,
True, a friend of mines home dropped by 80 grand the last two years and his taxes are the same amount when he bought the house at the peak of the market.
Ragman

Wed 24 Aug, 2011 08:19 am
@MMarciano,
The peak of Tampa/ST. Pete market was 5 yrs ago. Perhaps you aren't refering to your friend's home in this market or anywhere in FL.

The people who make out these tax bills have a certain timing cycle for the review of their estimated evaluation for tax purposes. Don't confuse their estimated value with the actual RE market value. Sometimes they hire contractors who then suggest a revised estimation. I've seen Tax billing reflecting more than a year or two behind the changing RE market value.

Also, as far as residential RE values goes, be aware that home values in Tampa/St Pete/Sarasota went down earlier in the market correction and will come out of it a bit later. This doesn't affect you luckily as you're not selling anytime soon. Eventually it will give you a lower tax bill; however, hopefully the municipal services wont suffer'. I can't see how that can be avoided.
roger

Wed 24 Aug, 2011 03:30 pm
@Ragman,
I really like to think assesors are motivated by fairness, and unconcerned with declining revenues.

That's about when I usually wake up.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Fri 26 Aug, 2011 09:58 pm
@jcboy,
De todas las cosas mejor en la vida que no son libres. Cosas como el verano en el mar de los Hamptons Malibu Capri El tipo de hombre que cobra vida cuando se trata de cerca de Rodeo Drive es el tipo de hombre que termina mi corazón con estilo y clase Usted sabe que he tratado de lgún otro tipo menta con ceros menos de diez, pero cada vez que coge el anillo que siempre es de bronce.
0 Replies

ochomefunding

Tue 5 Nov, 2013 01:13 am
@jcboy,
No bro, you have nothing to worry about as your tax bill would be less this time.
0 Replies