Some interesting restrictions on wifi at BK hot spots

BillRM

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2011 02:39 pm
Burger Kings public wifi hot spots have some interesting restrictions that I had never seen before in any other business offer public hot spots.

First they seem to sent google search a cookie locking it into strict safe search mode.

That is no big problem as you can access google search in https mode or by way of such hookups as the tor network.

Next I was talking to my wife on my cell phone and found after I got done I could no longer used their network to surf the net.

Even dropping the connection and re-hooking up would not removed this message that I was no longer allow to access websites.

My guess is a time out block of some nature. Either being hook up for too long a period of time or just sitting on the net without surfing seem to had trigger this block.

Oh well I change my Mac address of my wifi card and was back in business.

The filtering software is call fortguard and seem to lock down the users even more then the public libraries.

Have anyone run into similar restrictions in using public wifi?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,356 • Replies: 0
No top replies