Rainsoft Regeneration Didn't Work - Water went into ground

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 09:49 pm
I have a whole house Rainsoft Water Treatment system (older dial settings). I noticed salt wasn't wet in tank so I did a manual regeneration. Heard water pass through and thought all was well. 12 hours later I went near machine and it was still going. I was concerned because no water in salt tank. Looked at water meter and it was spinning around constantly. I turned off water to house and looked at system. No water anywhere around system but it has a small hose that goes into ground. Turned water back on and and removed this hose from system, water was spewing out. This means that the water was going down this hole for the entire day! I flipped the bypass valves open since water wouldn't stop going through this hose. What is wrong with my system???? HELP>>>>
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,269 • Replies: 1
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 05:37 am
@sddponce,
Bad clock motor, sheared pin and a worn out index lever are the 3 most common causes for a system to get stuck in cycle.
0 Replies