What types of things are TODAY'S KIDS into these days?

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 07:43 pm
The '80s and '90s were simplier times. If you were a child or teenager back them you can appreciate what I am talking about. Being a kid then was different then being a kid this century (2000s- 2010s).

If I am going to make comics appeal to today's kids I need to know what types of things they are into now.

What types of things are they into besides the Internet, MP3 players and Ipods, cell phones, CDs, Hannah Montana and Justin Beiber?

Please help me out-thank you.

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 10:17 pm
Can someone please tell me what is popular with TODAY'S kids? Other then the CARTOONS they have out now- I don't know what kids are into now.
Krumple

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 12:02 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Can someone please tell me what is popular with TODAY'S kids? Other then the CARTOONS they have out now- I don't know what kids are into now.

Sex.
0 Replies

gbshopinformation

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 12:27 am
@JGoldman10,
Today's teenager are far more advanced than our time. Technology improved, people's mentality has changed. Everybody are quite open about their opinion. However, there are few things still not improving. They are: Drugs abuse, unprotected sex, sporting (they rather play video games in hoe).
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 01:55 am
@gbshopinformation,
Okay- what about young children?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 02:50 am
@gbshopinformation,
What types of things are little kids into these days? They still play video games.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 02:54 am
@gbshopinformation,
The Net wasn't commericialized until '95. I was in art school at the time. Most people in my generation didn't use the Net till we were in high school or college, and of course back then the Web was still in its infancy stage.

The Bible says young people today are wiser and weaker. They are coming up with the Internet. They are so dependent on it, they are more vulnerable because of it.
jcboy

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 03:57 am
@JGoldman10,
When I was a kid I was into the other neighborhood boys, go figure.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 04:24 pm
What types of things are today's CHILDREN into? THat is what I am interested in knowing.

Kids still read comics, or play video games, or watch cartoons. The only MAJOR difference is a lot of the cartoons they make now cater to the INTERNET crowd.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 08:06 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

The Bible says young people today are wiser and weaker. They are coming up with the Internet. They are so dependent on it, they are more vulnerable because of it.

Where does it say that?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 08:09 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
The Bible says young people today are wiser and weaker.

Really? where exactly does the bible comment on young people in 2011 and what they are like?

What edition of the bible are you referencing?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 10:13 pm
@JGoldman10,
Seriously, what are TODAY'S CHILDREN into? NO ONE HERE KNOWS? NO ONE HERE HAS KIDS WHO CAN TELL ME?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 05:34 am
@JGoldman10,
Since the success of Andrew Lloyd Webber's 'What Are We Going To Do About Maria,' the 'Sound Of Music' has captured the imagination of todays children. School choral societies have seen their membership rise as children explore the joys of close harmony singing. Mountaineering groups have also shown increased membership.

The stage show is constantly touring the country, and in some circumstances playing directly in the schools themselves, some performances are booked up for years to come. Leiderhosen are the new fashion essential, sales of edelweis are through the roof. Maria is the number one name for girls, and Max for boys, closely followed by Vontrappabelle and Greurnt.

A lot of streetgangs are starting to dress like this.
http://thecia.com.au/reviews/s/images/sound-of-music-7.jpg
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 08:22 pm
SERIOUSLY, WHAT ARE THE KIDS INTO THESE DAYS BESIDES BEING ONLINE?

What movies are popular with them besides HARRY POTTER, which I DETEST, and the new TRANSFORMERS movies?
MonaLeeza

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 08:31 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Seriously, what are TODAY'S CHILDREN into? NO ONE HERE KNOWS? NO ONE HERE HAS KIDS WHO CAN TELL ME?

JG you often get annoyed when people don't answer your questions and even YELL at us....but you don't answer other people's questions! I only ever see you post in threads that you've started yourself. Something to think about.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 09:29 pm
Quote:
What types of things are TODAY'S KIDS into these days?
Some of them are in to incessantly submitting substance-free topics on web forums. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 08:09 pm
What do KIDS HAVE NOW that they didn't have in the 80s AND 90s?

Besides cellphones, uggs and techno stuff?
MonaLeeza

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 11:09 pm
@JGoldman10,
I had ugg boots in the early 1980's.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 08:59 pm
@MonaLeeza,
Really? I met a teenager who said she had Ugg boots as a little girl.
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2011 01:44 pm
Well, I really like electronics. I have an 4th generation, pink, iPod nano, I have a 32 gb iPod touch. I have a purple Dell laptop and I really, really want a iPad but they're real expensive right now and my dad wont get it for me.

I love going to the movies. I recently saw "The Help" and "Final Destination 5". The help was amazing and sad. Final Destination sucked big time!

I like going skating. I like reading fantasy books. I'm really into bands like The Cab, Bullet For My Valentine, 3OH!3, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Hey Monday, and Sparks The Rescue. Those are my favorite bands but I like all kinds of music. Except some rap, and screamo. I hate Techno!

I love the Internet. I'm always chatting with people and I love game websites like gameshed.com and actionflash.com. I love YouTube and Facebook. I had to delete my Twitter account but I still like it.

I like to watch tv but I read more. I like So Random, Wizards of Waverly Place, Hannah Montana reruns, Vampire Diaries, Nikita, One Tree Hill, Secret Life Of The American Teenager, Switched at Birth, Dance Moms and Kate Plus 8. Those are most of my favorites

I like to go bowling, I like amusement parks and faires, I like going to the park and feeding the ducks and birds, I like riding my bike and playing basketball, softball, volleyball and I like gymnastics but I've never been a cheerleader at school or anything.

I think that's pretty much it. Very Happy
0 Replies