Is smoking more of a relaxant or a stimulant? How does one quit?

Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2014 03:27 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:
. . . holidaying in the Bahamas on the money saved.

There's the real gilt-edged legacy of empire . . . wonderful holiday destination.
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2014 03:34 am
@Setanta,
I've never been, but would love to pay a visit.

You can always tell old Brit empires. They all play cricket. If we'd have hung on to what is now the USA for another few years, they'd all be playing two dayers and stopping occasionally for tea and cucumber sandwiches.
I bet if they'd have known all that, they wouldn't have wasted all that perfectly good tea overboard.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2014 12:27 pm
For public entertainment, we have the Congress, and it runs a lot longer than two days.

“Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”

-- Samuel Clemens
0 Replies

Harty

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 02:23 am
back when i still used to smoke, i smoke because it makes my tension subside. for relaxing, to cut the story short. but a chain of problems will come along way when it comes to smoking. one of this is the obvious one, you will become attached and addicted to it.
0 Replies

LeilaniWilson

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 08:32 pm
I'm a smoker myself but decided to stop a year ago. If it is a relaxant or stimulant? I guess both. Some people used it when they're feeling troubled. But others also try it because it increases their interest more to activities they're into. There are many ways to quit smoking now. There are therapies, medical processes, counseling, and some switch to vaping electronic cigarette like me. Yes, I saw that it works on me since I don't crave for traditional cigarette anymore. I just used e-cig after a meal or if I wanted to stay awake. It benefited me a lot so I would never try to smoke cigarette again and go back to pain brought of its negative effects.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 08:52 pm
Set up a tent next to gasoline tanks.
0 Replies