The Tea Party Republicans are Revolting

Below viewing threshold (view)
BillRM

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 02:08 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
R. fails to realize that Obama has outspent all other modern presidents combined.

We need to reduce the size and scope of government, reduce spending and reduce taxes.

Lord the tax rates are the lowest they been in generations now and the main reason why we are in this hole and you wish to lower them further!!!!!!!

Lord what a crazy insane group the tea party memberships happens to be.

We had gone from paying down the national debts to drowning in them thanks to Bush wars and Bush tax cuts.

Not to mention the great idea of cutting back evil government oversight on the finance markets and the banks so we got that lovely mortgage blow out that came within a hair breath of forcing us into a second great depression.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 02:12 pm
@BillRM,
"Crazy-insane" are mild adjectives for these idiots who fails to understand the damage they are causing most people on this planet.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 07:56 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Your arguments don't make much sense Finn.

I'm not surprised max

The idea that politics shouldn't be political is laughable. Politics is all about political narrative and the side that constructs the best narrative always wins. This was true about Obama's victory with Hope and Change and it was true about the Tea Party outsider revolution of common people. It's all politics.

I love how you are able to so easily turn on a dime. Right now you are all about "a plague on both their houses; it's all the same politics," and several posts previously you are ranting about the damage the insane and sinister Tea party will do. Either you take this stuff seriously or you don't , and if you're now trying to say both sides are the same sets of Bozos on the Bus, why do you always seem to favor the ones with the Blue wigs, and despise the ones wearing Red?

We can argue about the meanings of 2008 and 2010, but one thing is very clear. The American people are fickle. Convincing Obama victory with big majorities in both houses of Congress one election, and then Tea Party revolt with big changes in Congress the next. If the Republicans could put together three or four victories it would mean something. Right now it appears the American people are just floundering about wildly for the new thing each time.

It appears that way to you because you want to believe they are. You want to believe that the 2010 elections were simply a turn in wind direction based on the fickle feckless nature of the American people.

You point out that Obama's approval ratings are dropping. So is the Tea Party's approval rating. The approval rating of "Republicans in Congress" is lower than any other group of elected officials. But it doesn't matter-- none of this predicts electoral success.

Obama is not going to run against the Tea Party or the "Republicans in Congress. He is going to be running against someone who has deliberately avoided any role in the "Debt Crisis" debate.

A sitting president's approval rating cannot, alone, predict the chances of his re-elections, but if it remains at or below it's current level in 09/12, Barry is in a heap of trouble.

And here's something that has been a pretty reliable predictor of whether or not a President is re-elected - the unemployment rate. How low do you think it must be by election time next year for it not to negatively impact Obama?

This is politics. You seem to confuse it with religion.

That's rich coming from you.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 07:58 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I never before realized what I free radical you might be Fido.

The American Constitution is a failure?!

I have an unsubstantiated sense that you get pummeled by both the Left and the Right. This could be a sign of the accuity of your perspective, but I can't dimiss this nagging sense that you constantly try to play to the Lefties.

All Iconoclasts are not iconoclastic.
I am a revolutionary, and the constitution judged by its aims in the preamble is a failure... It did not anticipate nor control parties, but inertia was already built into the goverment in the Senate and Supreme Court... Now we have inertia on top of inertia... To move the government that does not want to move you must first move the parties which do not want to move... How does any of this lead to good government and responsive government???

You are a revolutionary?

Really?

How so? By posting "revolutionary" comments in an internet forum?

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 08:11 pm
@JPB,
I might take R more seriously if he didn't so easily resort to the use of the pejorative "teabaggers." While I appreciate that R and so many others believe that people who affiliate with the broad concept of the Tea Party are lunatic neaderthals, I also appreciate that there are equally bigoted folks who believe black people are an inferior breed and warrant the term "nigger."

Clearly "teabagger" hasn't achieved any sort of level of societal taboo, let alone the one, rightfully, assigned to the N-Word, but the intent behind the usage is quite similar.

Those who use "teabagger" know full well that it is seen as an insult by Tea Party associates, and they mean for it to be.

I'm not for censorship though and if someone wants to use "teabagger," they should go for it, but they should also realize that once they do they have made a concrete statement of the contempt they have for poeple who they associate with the Tea Party, and not try to assume a facade of objectivity.

Not sure of your purpose for quoting what is essentially a left-wing daisey chain from Facebook.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 08:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

"Crazy-insane" are mild adjectives for these idiots who fails to understand the damage they are causing most people on this planet.

Nothing ridiculously hyperbolic in this comment.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 08:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
To give you an opportunity to spout off, of course.

Or, maybe to highlight the revolution against the revolutionaries.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 09:05 pm
@JPB,
So much for my attempt to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Obviously I was wrong in thinking such an idiotic post was unlike JPB.

A Canadian bigot engages in a lefty circle jerk on facebook and you think this says anything of substance about the current conflict between Tea Party and Establishment Republicans?

Perhaps you actually know R to be a brilliant scholar of political science, notwithstanding the rude tripe he offers on the FB thread.

The first sentence of my original reply was: "Oh well, a Canadian has weighed in and so he must be right," but I deleted it from the version I posted because I thought it poor form to be so snarky to JPB.

Apparently I was wrong and must have been confusing JPB with someone else, because now it seems clear that R's status as a Canadian does mean something special to you.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 09:09 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
you reap what you sow, finn.

and you sow a lot of snarky and dismissive...
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 09:32 pm
@Rockhead,
There you are again, popping up like a Dandelion.

And here I though JTT was the only A2K remora. At least he offers some substantive commentary now and again.

I didn't call JBT's response snarky or dismissive, but you must think it was.

Thanks for validating that it was a cheap shot.

See- you can be useful.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 09:36 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
As a matter of fact, you're snarky and dismissed; on Ignore.

You're also a troll. A big waste of time!
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 09:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

As a matter of fact, you're snarky and dismissed; on Ignore.

You're also a troll. A big waste of time!

Found your soft underbelly on another thread have I?

But please don't put me on Ignore, I don't think that I could stand it.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 07:03 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
First of all, I have never said "a plague on both their houses". I am a proud partisan. I believe the progressive policies lead to a stronger and better country. I believe that although Democrats are far from perfect the more Democrats that win elections the better it is for the country.

The issue about who should win is one issue, and my stance on this is clear and unwavering. But the issue I was discussing in this thread is strategy in the contest we call politics. Goals are not the same thing as strategy.

The issue here is how they will win. And the answer always has been political narrative.

The side with the best political narrative has always won.

The "insane Tea Party members who will destroy the country for their fanatic ideas" is a pretty good narrative for 2012. No matter who Obama runs against, tying them to the Tea Party will be part of the strategy.

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 08:18 am
The Congresspeople were elected to implement their constituents' beliefs, and there is no reason to accede to proposals contrary to those beliefs. Having said that, members most Congresspeople on all sides try to discredit and oppose Congresspeople from philosophically opposed parties just for publicity, even when to the detriment of the country. Basically, we ought to throw 90% of the bums on all sides out.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 08:49 am
@Brandon9000,
Why should we throw them out when they are doing exactly what we want them to? We elected a divided government with people who are sworn to not compromise. Why would we then punish them for doing their jobs?

This is a representative government. Our elected officials are supposed to represent us. They are uncompromising, nasty, backbiting cynics who can't compromise and would rather bring down the country then give up on their goals.

Congress is stellar job representing the American people. If we wanted any different we wouldn't have elected them in the first place.

BillRM

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 09:03 am
@maxdancona,

Quote:
Why should we throw them out when they are doing exactly what we want them to?

What happen is the sane people are sadly less likely to vote until the highly motivate insane people managed as a result to get insane people who share their viewpoints into office.

Then the sane people waked up and vote in the next election to removed them.

See some of the local school boards elections as a examples of this, when the right wing religion nuts get control of a local school board and try to get creationism taught as science.

People say oh **** and go to the poll at the next election or even have a recall drive.

All we need to do is find a way to deal with the harm they will do for the next year or so until we can get them out of office.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 09:21 am
@BillRM,
Quote:

What happen is the sane people are sadly less likely to vote until the highly motivate insane people managed as a result to get insane people who share their viewpoints into office.

Then the sane people waked up and vote in the next election to removed them.

If that is the case then the "sane" people aren't acting very sanely. A sane person wouldn't sleep though an election that could clearly affect them.
BillRM

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 10:01 am
@maxdancona,
Most sane people have lives and private obligations that they tend to placed first and sadly assume that nothing too bad will occur it they missed an off year election.

No I am not defensing that and I had aways gotten to the polls for every election but that is just happen to be human nature.

These tea party nuts cases in congress will be voted out of office along with any numbers of states officer holders at the next election.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 10:14 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
sadly assume that nothing too bad will occur it they missed an off year election.

I think we have different ideas about what the word "sane" means.