What's the most creative thought you've ever had?!

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 10:41 am
Instead of my previous question of how do you get into a creative mindset, I had a better idea...

Share a creative thought or idea you've had before.
It could be anything and everything, don't be shy!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 6,660 • Replies: 13
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 10:48 am
@RisingToShine,
i can't even begin to imagine, i run a one man talk show in my head all day long, i have conversations with the radio and the tv, quite often when listening to the news i'll play around with the words being said to create new and interesting stories to amuse myself
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 10:52 am
@djjd62,

i had it one day last week --

i realized i could save $$ by pouring orange juice into an empty water bottle, instead of buying those small juice boxes to take to work.

i am quite sure i will never come up with a better, more creative idea in my lifetime...
izzythepush

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 11:35 am
@Region Philbis,
I had another one, instead of throwing these pea pods out, I can make WINE. Also, using a must instead of dried yeast is cheaper and far more effective.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 11:51 am
@RisingToShine,
Sadly, mine was probably the one where I figured out you could wet a piece of toilet paper and slap it against the motion sensor on the back of the airport toilet to keep the damned thing from splash-flushing you 12x in one sitting.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 01:10 pm
@Questioner,
It's rather difficult to make wine under those circumstances.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 01:13 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i can't even begin to imagine, i run a one man talk show in my head all day long, i have conversations with the radio and the tv, quite often when listening to the news i'll play around with the words being said to create new and interesting stories to amuse myself

God.

I've said this before, but GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

The best thing about running the talk show in my head is there are no commercial interruptions.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 01:35 pm
Creating the dekryptonite thread.

Rap

0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 02:55 pm
I make a lot of things so I'm not sure what my best thought ever was but the most recent was when my neighbor's wee daughter lamented that her parents wouldn't spring for a lemonade stand she'd seen in a catalog so I asked her mom if I could build her one.

I deconstructed a huge heavy cardboard box and put it back together with a mansard roof, vaulted ceiling, skylight and a drawbridge window/shelf that used a pully system. I painted it yellow and decorated it with tree tops and bluebirds.

"Best day ever!" was the response I got.

So it was one of the most fun creative thoughts I've ever had.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 03:02 pm
I used to tutor ESL.

The students were fairly advanced.

I evaluated the situation and tried to determine what they needed that would help them.

I started writing dialogues for them. I filled the dialogues with idiomatic expressions and slang--everyday English.

They appreciated learning the new turns of phrase, but it was the dialogues that were most appreciated. It gave the students the chance to get their mouths around the language.

The place where I tutored was so impressed with my dialogues that they published them a few of them so that students in other learning centers could benefit.

I came up with other approaches as well.

Teaching ESL was a very creative time for me.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 03:06 pm
I made up a card game once.
iamsam82

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 01:50 pm
@chai2,
I'm pretty sure I reinvented the narrow tie. I swear no-one was wearing them about 6 years ago. Now they're everywhere.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 02:02 pm
@chai2,
I've only just re-read your creation Chai. Sorry, that's quite good. The first time I read it, I thought you said you'd played a game of cards. That's not as impressive.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 02:02 pm
@iamsam82,
Tru style never goes out of fashion.
0 Replies