The Greatest Philosophy Question Ever Asked!

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 10:47 am
@farmerman,
To me he only reminds me of that old silly Jonh Waine western style...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 10:56 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Spock made Star trek the success it achieved in the 70´s and Picard improved upon it...Cap. Janeway did OK I guess but not good enough...Kirk should have never been invited to the show from the very beginning...on the other hand Scotty rantings always made me smile...
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 05:11 pm
@Setanta,
I think the paranoid airline passenger he played was in a Twilight Zone episode.

Certainly he is one of the biggest hams in Hollywood but he was perfect for James T. Kirk.

Eventually he's come into his own, by concentrating on comedy rather than drama.

His Denny Crane character on Boston Law was fantastic.
Thomas

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 05:12 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I agree about Danny Crane. He was fun!
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 10:31 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

I agree about Danny Crane. He was fun!

It's Denny Crane!

Thomas

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 06:26 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Eeee-xactly.
Ben Smith

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 11:59 am
@Thomas,
This is worth a look...

THE CAPTAINS.
William Shatner has taken it upon himself to create a documentary about Star Trek, specifically focusing on the many captains that have spearheaded the series over the years. In The Captains, Shatner sits down for interviews with head honchos Patrick Stewart (The Next Generation), Kate Mulgrew (Voyager), Scott Bakula (Enterprise), Avery Brooks (Deep Space Nine) and Chris Pine, who took on the role of Captain Kirk in J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek reboot.

A trailer for Shatner’s documentary has been released, and it’s pretty entertaining. The actor’s sensibilities are perfect as the host and star of the film, and the idea of interviewing each of the Star Trek captains is pretty genius. Plus, Shatner being Shatner, his reaction to a fan towards the end of the trailer is definitely a highlight. The Captains will premiere on July 21st on the cable channel EPIX HD.
I think it's free to view online.
Ben Smith

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 05:32 pm
@Ben Smith,
Just watched "The Captains", really good film.

http://www.trekradio.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/captains.png
0 Replies

michelleyy

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 05:50 am
Am I the only one here who believes in the old disney movies? like LION KING or DALMATIANS 101?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 25 May, 2013 10:57 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

TREK all the way , Star Wars is waay too gay.(It coulda been a musical)

'E PLEB NISTA!!

We The People
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2015 10:24 am

http://laughingsquid.com/a-cartoon-captain-picard-and-darth-vader-argue-over-which-is-nerdier-star-wars-or-star-trek
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2015 11:30 am
@tsarstepan,
Star Trek is the real deal naturally !
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2015 06:11 pm
No contest . . . Star Trek has the hottest babes . . .

Seven of Nine alone proves this . . . eat your overweight heart out, Carrie Fisher . . .

http://www.elec-intro.com/EX/05-13-16/300_139515.jpg
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 09:56 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Which is better? The universe and storylines of Star Trek or Star Wars?

Remember! No diplomatic answers will be accepted! To quote a great American philosopher:
"Pick a side, we're at war."
Stephen Colbert

As an extra: Which film or series from either franchise is your favorite?

I favor Star Trek over Star Wars even though I like both of them. Out of the Star Trek universe I seem to lean towards Voyager.
0 Replies