Facebook Email Privacy

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 08:06 am
Hello,

I was hoping someone could have the answer to a problem I am facing. On my Facebook company "Page" I went into "Edit Page" and then "Resources" and clicked on "Tell your Fans". I wanted to do what a lot of other web marketers do, which is send an email through Facebook to all your contacts requesting them to join your page. I gathered my contact emails in a CSV excel file and uploaded them. I was able to "remove all contacts" from that contact list after the email was sent out.

Does Facebook still have access to those emails? I removed them all from my contact list. Facebook states in its privacy policy that "We may also send up to two reminders to them in your name. " But now that I have deleted my contact list completely, will Facebook still have access to those emails and send reminders through my name?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,096 • Replies: 1
No top replies

TonyMccallum

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 03:24 am
@cymbaline7,
Hello Members,

Facebook changed your email address on your profile. It would be natïve of any user to think that this will be the last time they push the boundaries of what they can change on users. As long as we continue to feed and nurture Facebook, it will continue to sit on the throne of social media. This makes it easier for people to search through information from the past that would have been more difficult to find in the past. In both of these instances, users cried out against Facebook, and demanded for the changes to be reversed. Facebook relentlessly carried on with building up an empire, and we all carried on with updating our statuses, and tagging photos of our weekends.

Best Regards,
Tony Mccallum
0 Replies