Do you exercise?

goodhealth

Tue 8 May, 2012 10:58 am
@chai2,
I read an article on Yahoo yesterday that estimates that something like 42% of Americans will be considered obese by 2030. That's a pretty scary thought. I think we all need to get out and exercise more, and those that are already exercising regularly need to grab a lazy friend and get them going too!
0 Replies

jcboy

Tue 8 May, 2012 01:50 pm
The Puerto Rican and I have been working out hard lately, five days a week, although he’s getting much bigger then I am.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg542/scaled.php?server=542&filename=puertorican.jpg&res=landing
EqualityFLSTPete

Wed 9 May, 2012 05:20 am
@jcboy,
Don't buff up too much, we'll never get you two in your dresses Smile
0 Replies

sumonht1990

Fri 11 May, 2012 02:09 am
@chai2,
Do you know about Yoga?. Yoga is very useful exercise, it keeps maintain your body, losing weight reduces stress. It is very helpful to health ,to continue you will find that your sleep will improve, and that you may even need less time to sleep as your rejuvenation levels.And you fell a good feelings.
0 Replies

Mark Hawk

Thu 24 May, 2012 06:24 am
For disabled people Yoga is the best option for exercise. any one have another option?
0 Replies

susanaware

Thu 31 May, 2012 07:40 pm
@chai2,
i love playing Soduku also do walking i do not know if you can call that exercise
tsarstepan

Thu 31 May, 2012 09:34 pm
@susanaware,
Walking is exercise. But it has to be a sizable distance. Walking to the end of ones short driveway to get ones mail isn't exercise.

Sodoku is merely a mental exercise rather then a calorie burner or a muscle toning activity.
0 Replies

mmmojo78

Tue 19 Jun, 2012 04:44 am
@chai2,
I do, but the voice in my head always tries to negate the exercise with it's whisperings that i've earned that pizza and beer with all my hard work!
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 15 Jul, 2012 10:46 am
I got in horrible shape during my first year of teaching. I'd come home far too tired or late to work out. So, since summer started, I've been attacking the problem like a psycho.

I have an exercise chair at home that I use about three times a day; I won't allow myself to sit on the couch for long periods of time without little sporadic lower core or tricep work on that chair.

I go to the gym 5 - 7 times a week. I do 30 mins cardio and 3 machines 3 times. I focus on different muscle groups every other day.

I found a lower core thingie I like - it's a funny ass in the air, knees on the wobbly ball, Pilates move. Ya need that enormous ball... It really has improved my upper body strength (you have to stabilize your body on that ball with your bitty hands and weak wrists on the floor.)

I paddleboard - though it's been a while. I want to get back to it today if possible - but sadly, that wetsuit is too snug due to weight gain. GRRR! Not long, you bitch! (shakes fist at indiscriminate spot in sky) I'm going to try on that damn suit today. I miss paddling.

I ride a bike on occasion.

We LOVE to hike, and we do it once a week - hiking hilly inclines cut into my upper hamstring, bringing definition to the butt I am trying to carve out of a mass of cottage cheese which has recently attached between my back and upper leg.

I am fatter than I have been in six years, but thankfully, my body is responding to this assault.

I teach PE during the year, and I perform all physical exercises required of the kids - only slower... Wink

I try to use stairs rather than elevators when time allows. I am LOOKING for things to jazz my body.

I just joined the USTA, and am actively looking for some poor idiot to play tennis with me.

I try not to sit for long without doing something active....so, I need to get up!

I'll be reading here to get ideas from you guys!
roger

Sun 15 Jul, 2012 10:49 am
@Lash,
You have truely inspired me. I am thinking thin thoughts right now.
millerthedonald23

Sun 15 Jul, 2012 11:57 pm
@chai2,
6 days a week one day lift and one day cardio
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 16 Jul, 2012 11:11 am
@roger,
....oooohhhhmmm..... Cool
0 Replies

harveysmith27

Sat 1 Sep, 2012 01:14 am
Yes i do and love to do because it have number of benefits
and also helps to keep my body fit and fine.
I do this five days in week and one and half hour daily.
0 Replies

daisygrace

Sat 6 Oct, 2012 02:20 am
Aerobic exercises are any type of activity that uses oxygen to fuel your muscles. When you engage in aerobic exercises, your muscles and joints send messages to your brain, which stimulates your heart to beat faster and your breathing rate to increase so you take in more oxygen.
Don’t forget to warm up for 5 minutes before every exercise session and to cool down afterward. Start by stretching the muscles and joints in your spine, arms, and legs.
0 Replies

Enzo

Sat 6 Oct, 2012 03:26 am
Yes I parkour.

So far only a broken thumb. Smile
0 Replies

jamesh cllark

Sat 6 Oct, 2012 06:41 am
Exercise is the best activity we can perform to keep our body fit and healthy.this post is informative and also full of helpful tips
0 Replies

Ethanbaker

Wed 10 Oct, 2012 02:27 am
@Linkat,
I walk to and fro work and walk AT work , and ride my bike from time to time around the neighbourhood.
0 Replies

Ethanbaker

Fri 19 Oct, 2012 03:54 am
@Linkat,
I walk 2 km and also gardening - digging beds everyday.
Exercise also relieves anxiety and releases endorphins, which provide a sense of euphoria. Because of the positive aspects of exercise, and its value in our achievement and appearance oriented-society, treatment for exercise disorders can be difficult.
0 Replies

aidanbertie

Fri 19 Oct, 2012 10:24 pm
@chai2,
So nice of you.
Exercise is very important for us. We have to do exercise daily.
I also interested to doing exercise. By exercise you get healthy mind as well as healthy body.
0 Replies

ritu bhardwaj

Mon 5 Nov, 2012 11:58 pm
@Linkat,
Ya doing yoga and walking for 35 min's. sometime am skip to do exercise, but try to do it in daily routine.
0 Replies