I Got Scammed

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 06:31 am
Me, the eternal cynic who checks everything 100 times before trusting it. Since my diabetes has become controlled and I'm now back to my normal focus and energy levels, borderline manic by anyones standards, I am riding my bike daily and starting to lift again, but because of my back and neck problems, a combination of injury and my long acrobatic style of performance, my Physical Therapist says it will be a long time if ever before I can do any sit ups or crunch type exercises again. When I lie flat to do so I become instantly dizzy and nauseous, never mind the pain.

So I researched these EMS ab belts, and combined with proper diet, cardio and regular exercise (that's the key) they work well and show great results.

One of the top 2 and only one of two approved by the FDA is that contour ab belt that's always advertised on tv. I don't have 200.00 to get the number 1 rated one, the Flex Belt, but the contour belt allows you a 30 day trial for 14.95 and then 4 equal payments to be drafted from your account. I checked with the BBB in Minnesota and they seem on the total up and up.

So I go online and order one with the 14.95 option. within 2 minutes I get a confirmation that I've ordered 2, one with that option and one at full price , one time payment. That email came at 9:44 pm. at 9;46 pm I emailed them back and told them of the error and asked them to strike the second belt at full price off the order. Next day I go to pick up test strips and my card is declined. They took out not for the 14.95 and shipping but for the full price belt. i called them and long story short, got the complete runaround from an asshole named Dave (if that's his real name). He tried to tell me they had pre authorized the account for the price of BOTH belts, (424.70) something they were required to do in order to authorize either purchase, but had only charged my card 24.95. When I informed him I was looking at my account online in real life and real time right that second and that was NOT the case, and in addition had they really done that it wouldn't have been approved because I did not HAVE 424.70 in the account, his reply was "Don't talk down to me" . When I told him I was considering canceling the order period he said "Go ahead, they've already shipped".

Fortunately my daughter manages the branch where I bank and will start working on this on Monday morning, but there's a real possibility she'll have to close the account first thing Monday... and then 4 pending charges, including my time warner and my progress energy bill will be declined with all the resultant hassles and nasty letters. What a ******* mess. All I wanted was a damn ab belt. I still do. Let the buyer beware.

High Seas

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 07:01 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Your bank (and your daughter!) will have an easier time reversing entries for a fraudulent transaction if you send 2 more e-mails (just edit your post here), first to the Federal Trade Commission in DC (see below) and second to your own state's Consumer Protection Agency. Send copies of both to your bank:
Quote:

http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/contact.shtm
About a Company, an Organization, or a Business Practice

Online: Use our secure complaint form.
Phone: Call our toll-free helpline: 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357);
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 07:15 am
@High Seas,
that will be done, believe it. Meanwhile I need my money ASAP, so closing the account and reopening another will take care of that immediately.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 07:22 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
U can call Time Warner Cable and pay them over the fone independently. No hassle.

David
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 07:45 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Closing accounts and starting over with a new number is the cleanest way (book-keeping-wise) to annul fraudulent charges and ensure the correct charges are re-entered as new charges to the new number - but David has a point: to the legitimate creditors the entries on the old account number will look like bounced payements (aka they may send you complaints, start referrals to collection services, other suchlike aggravation) so it's vital you contact them separately to confirm their bills are going to get paid from an account number different from the one now on their records. Tiresome, but necessary Smile
chai2

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 07:46 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
oh **** bear, you've caused a flex belt banner ad to appear on the bottom of the page.

No words of advice of course, but as one eternal cynic to another, I feel your pain.

Makes me realize how much, well to say it right out, dumb asses loose every day in things like this.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 07:51 am
@High Seas,
my plan exactly
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 07:56 am
What do you know? I just went to my bank site and they've put the 224.70 back in. Miracles happen I suppose and just MAYBE I owe Contour ab belts an apology. We'll see if the charge of 24.95 appears to indicate they shipped the original belt I purchased. No apology for that terminal asshole Dave though.
chai2

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 09:09 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Yeah, **** Dave.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 09:46 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Yeah, **** Dave.

with a cock that ejaculates molten glass
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 10:59 am
@chai2,
Dave's not here man
chai2

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 11:13 am
@wayne,
hehe

last week I said to somone in their 20's "I'm not into time man" when she asked me how long ago something happened.

She replied. "oh yeah...me neither"
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 01:59 pm
In the interest of fairness I just received this email

Dear Steve,

Thank you for contacting Contour Technology.

I am sorry to hear about terrible experience you have gone through. We ask that you please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-866-644-7706 to speak to one of our Supervisors.
If you have any other questions or concerns, or if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Regards,

Catherine B.
Customer Care
www.thecontour.com
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 10:00 pm (EST), Saturday 8:00 am to 6 pm (EST)

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2011 10:31 AM
To: Customer Service, Contour
Subject: Contour Abs - Contact Us Inquiry

Email Address: [email protected]

Comments: An addition to my last email. Strange isn\'t it that although your man Dave insisted they HAD to preauthorize my card for 424.50 and only charged me 24.95.... there is a 224.70 charge on my account and there was NOT 424.50 IN THE ACCOUNT TO PRE AUTHORIZE.

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 02:15 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I woud not trust that guy, Dave,
if I were u.

David
roger

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 02:36 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Me neither, Dave.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 02:43 pm
If Dave worked for me I'd have canned his ass immediately.
chai2

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 03:02 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Yeah, but Catherine sounds prettty cool.

You can pretty much trust someone named Catherine.
roger

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 03:08 pm
@chai2,
That's good advice, Cathy.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 04:13 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

I woud not trust that guy, Dave,
if I were u.

David

Never trust a Dave.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 01:28 pm
Spoke by phone with a VERY helpful supervisor today. Not only have the charges for the belt been removed.... they've sent me one and comped it for my troubles, and also assured me that "Dave" will be dealt with. Happy ending and I don't even have to drive to the massage parlor. Mr. Green