Connecting Smart Phone to Home Internet

Montana

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 06:00 pm
When I try to connect to my internet at home with my new smart phone, my computer shows up on the phone, but it shows a lock and won't let me access my internet. I'm running windows xp and I have no idea how to go about unlocking my network or whatever it is that needs unlocking and I was hoping someone could help a poor girl out.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 4,605 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2011 01:07 am
@Montana,
Does your modem have a password or code? I'm assuming it is password protected. Call your cable provider, they can help you. This has nothing to do with XP.
jcboy

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2011 04:06 am
@Ceili,
That’s what I was thinking, my wireless has a code so if you try to hook up another computer you can’t get connected without the code.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2011 06:21 am
@Montana,
Montana wrote:

When I try to connect to my internet at home with my new smart phone, my computer shows up on the phone, but it shows a lock and won't let me access my internet. I'm running windows xp and I have no idea how to go about unlocking my network or whatever it is that needs unlocking and I was hoping someone could help a poor girl out.
What is showing up on your phone is the signal your router is broadcasting. Any wireless capable device within range of your router will see that broadcast. Your phone shows a lock because access to the internet from your router is password protected. If your computer is using this connection, the password was used for access. That same password must be entered in to your phone.

It's been a while since I've used XP but try this (I use Windows7):
On your computer, point your mouse to the bottom right of your screen to your taskbar. Click the "Internet access" icon. Right-click your Network. Select "Properties". There should be a text field called something like "Network security key" with the text hidden. Select the "Show charactors" checkbox. This should reveal the password in the security key tex field.

On your phone, you should be able to select your network (from whatever screen was showing it) and then be given the option to enter the password that you just found on your computer.
engineer

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2011 07:17 am
@thack45,
I think thack has it exactly right. You might have to work with your phone's owner's manual to see how to enter the access key.
0 Replies

taroldleme010

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 04:14 am
@Montana,
If do not want the students listen to the radios instead of pay more attention to their studies and what their teachers are teaching then using the wireless jammer is a helpful method.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 06:40 am
@taroldleme010,
Are you inebriated or think you're answering a different thread on a different forum or both?
0 Replies

ShonDimino

Reply Wed 21 May, 2014 09:46 pm
@Montana,
In your opinion what is the wifi blocker jammer used for? Do you have a basic understanding of the knowledge about it? If you want to know more about it, then you can stop your step then you will get the information and the knowledge you want.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 21 May, 2014 09:54 pm
Look at the date on the original post. June 2011. I suspect the issue has been dealt with!
0 Replies

MarryDirk

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 12:17 am
@Montana,
The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of high power jammer as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 06:12 am
I think the asylum is missing an inmate
0 Replies