New York New York!

cicerone imposter

Tue 27 Jan, 2015 08:35 pm
@jcboy,
I guess this genius never heard of the Supreme Court.
jcboy

Sat 31 Jan, 2015 02:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Same with this idiot!

I think Todd Russ (R-OK) should be impeached and thrown out of the legislature for proposing this Bill. It violates the Constitution which he presumably swore to uphold when he took office. He is forsworn.

Oklahoma GOP: Only Christias and Jews should be able to Marry

Quote:
The bill, called House Bill 1125, would mean that people in Oklahoma could no longer get married legally without a priest, minister, rabbi or an ecclesiastical dignitary presiding. Further, all secular officials, such as judges and clerks, would no longer have the authority to perform weddings or issue marriage licenses.

The bill was introduced by State Representative Todd Russ (R-OK), and filed last Tuesday. The reason Russ gives for introducing this legislation is, as you might have guessed, rooted in homophobic bigotry. He says he wants to relieve court clerks and other officials of being put into the difficult position of having to officiate same-sex marriages or issue licenses to same-sex couples. As for the fact that such a bill would mean atheists, agnostics, pagans, Muslims, and people of any number of other faiths would be unable to marry under the new law — well, he doesn’t really care about that. In Russ’s own words:

“They don’t have a spiritual basis for a marriage and don’t want to have a clergy member or a priest or someone involved in the spiritual aspect, then they can file an affidavit of common-law marriage.”

http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Oklahoma-state-Rep.-Todd-Russ-R-KSWO-TV-800x430.jpg
0 Replies

jcboy

Sun 1 Feb, 2015 12:50 pm
He should talk about dogs after his sons tortured and hanged one at a boy scout camp. Honestly thou, the more outlandish the religious right becomes, the more it helps gay rights.

Mike Huckabee compares same-sex marriage to alcohol, profanity

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee says gay marriage is akin to alcohol and profanity – options the Republican weighing a 2016 presidential bid says are appealing to others, but not to him.

Huckabee on Sunday also told CNN’s “State of the Union” that forcing people of faith to accept same-sex marriage as policy is on par with telling Jews that they must serve “bacon-wrapped shrimp in their deli.” That dish would run afoul of kosher rules.

Huckabee says he appreciates different viewpoints on same-sex marriage, adding that he is friends with gay people.

http://1-ps.googleusercontent.com/hk/dFfiDTRfbQCMGdKOF4Q9BkYD3r/www.lgbtqnation.com/assets/2015/02/Huckabee-CNN-192x130.jpg.pagespeed.ce.Ah_aR1GUhHH063X4o2vA.jpg
ehBeth

Sun 1 Feb, 2015 12:53 pm
@jcboy,
I see

http://www.environmental-action.org/sites/default/files/field/image/huckabee_TFH.png
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Sun 1 Feb, 2015 10:07 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Hey carlos, you're in the wrong thread.

This isn't the bad jokes thread.

When I wrote it, I was very serious.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
CalamityJane

Sun 1 Feb, 2015 11:19 pm
@carloslebaron,
No, no, no, not society, just people like you and others like you. You are in the minority already and soon you'll be outcast.
cicerone imposter

Mon 2 Feb, 2015 03:37 am
@carloslebaron,
Idiotic freedoms you describe belongs in the looney bin.
izzythepush

Mon 2 Feb, 2015 04:38 am
@cicerone imposter,
What do you expect, he's a Holocaust denying piece of crap. Don't expect anything but bigotry and hatred.
cicerone imposter

Mon 2 Feb, 2015 06:59 am
@izzythepush,
Yea. Probably everybody but he knows.
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
CalamityJane

Mon 2 Feb, 2015 10:05 pm
@carloslebaron,
You don't make any sense and I don't watch anything in South America, because we live in North America. I tell you what, you let your surrounding dictate your way of thinking. That tells us a) that you're living in a bigot neighborhood and b) you fit in there perfectly. c) I hope none of you ever get out of that narrow minded neighborhood.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 2 Feb, 2015 10:10 pm
@carloslebaron,
carloslebaron wrote:
But, a person is free to choose being or not being friendly with homosexuals.

true.

People are also free to choose not to be friendly with bigots.

I've made that choice.

Bigots like you are not acceptable in my circle.
chai2

Tue 3 Feb, 2015 09:07 am
@ehBeth,
That video posted was so utterly cringe worthy.

If anyone thinks that's how people behave/believe, they must also believe that shows like "Full House", "Three's Company" or "Joanie Love Chaci" represent society.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 6 Feb, 2015 07:37 am
Here's a fun NY news story.

Quote:
A priest in New York has spoken of his surprise at receiving online messages congratulating him on signing for Celtic Football Club.

Fr Michael Duffy shares the same name as the young Derry City winger who has signed for the Scottish champions.

While the two men are different in many ways, the only thing that separates them on Twitter is an underscore.

"I started receiving congratulations messages from people in Ireland," Fr Duffy told BBC Radio Foyle.

"I was looking at their names and thought, my goodness, I don't know who these people are and why they're congratulating me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-31160187
0 Replies

chai2

Fri 6 Feb, 2015 12:11 pm
Your post and video weren't removed you moron.

They're right there where you first posted it.

Hey, if you want to think the world works a certain way because of badly acted, canned laughter sitcom geared to the lowest common denominator, go ahead. The first go round, I felt embarrassed for the actors who had to do that really dumb stereotypical flipping the wrists thing. How childish.

You apparantly live in a world of homophobes, bigots and stupid people.

And yeah, you are trolling if you think you need to repost something that is right there.

From what I've seen of the country I live in, and I've lived all over, mostly people just want to lead, and let others lead their own lives. Even if they may privately think a certain lifestyle (and I'm including all lifestyles) is not for them, people are mostly wanting everyone to be able to live their own lives.

So troll boy, you let everyone know what you personally feel about gay men. How do you feel about lesbians? (I can't wait to hear this)
izzythepush

Fri 6 Feb, 2015 01:54 pm
@chai2,
Sorry if I gave that impression, I just thought it was an amusing tale about mistaken identity. I quite like lesbians.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Fri 6 Feb, 2015 01:55 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Your post and video weren't removed you moron.

They're right there where you first posted it.

Oh, yeah? Where? Lol.

Oh, the moron who removed it is trying to cover up the truth: it is a current hypocrisy in society where people mock on homosexuals on their back, and that homosexuals never ever will be accepted as "normal" people, but as a different class of people.

Face it, the removal of the video showing this crude reality is the proof that everything about acceptance of homosexuality by heterosexuals is a lie.
ehBeth

Fri 6 Feb, 2015 02:26 pm
@carloslebaron,
the video is still there

not sure why you can't see your own video but that would be your problem

______

and you're still a nasty bigot
chai2

Fri 6 Feb, 2015 03:03 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

...that would be your problem