US agents ok gun sales to Mexican drug cartels

RexRed

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 02:29 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Maybe in Mexico it is against the law
to be the son of a drug lord
(or to be suspected of that).

One might consider what means more to a drug lord, selling drugs or protecting a son?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 02:46 pm
Goofy gun conspiracy
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/ns/msnbc_tv-rachel_maddow_show/#47898261

Says here that "Fast and Furious" was started by the Bush admin......... Bush and the NRA republicans figuring out how they could get MORE guns into Mexico... Sound right to you? We can be sure there will be more of this NRA insanity if Romney gets into office...

Gun rights fanatics concoct conspiracy.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/ns/msnbc_tv-rachel_maddow_show/#47898272
RexRed

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 04:02 pm
Full Show 6/20/12: Why the Rich Love Romney
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWk7ewB6B8o&feature=em-uploademail

The repugs cry foul because Obama uses executive privilege? What about their Filibusters?!!!
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 04:35 am
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/380593_10151935723520942_1824208270_n.jpg
RABEL222

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 09:58 am
@RexRed,
Forgive me for bringing this up but dident this program start with Bush. Why dont the republicans go through their own records to find who is responsible?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 04:58 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
One gun from the US is too many.

The US is a significant source of handguns for the cartels, but as far as long guns go, the US is only one source among many. The cartels are just as well served by AK-47s given to them by Hugo Chavez as they are by semi-autos bought in the US and then converted to full auto.

In any case, our Constitutional gun rights trump all other considerations.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 05:02 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
RABEL222 wrote:
The nra is going to be after your ass. According to them we should be allowed to sell guns to anyone but commies.

Not automatic weapons...

Nonsense. Law abiding citizens hunt with semi-autos and carry them for self defense every day.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 05:08 am
@oralloy,
RexRed wrote:
RABEL222 wrote:
The nra is going to be after your ass. According to them we should be allowed to sell guns to anyone but commies.

Not automatic weapons...
oralloy wrote:
Nonsense. Law abiding citizens hunt with semi-autos and carry them for self defense every day.
That is not the NRA position.

It IS ` MY position,
however, I deny the existence of any "law abiding citizens",
except for children too young to have walked out of their houses yet.
It is IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to be a "law abiding citizen."

Regardless of that deplorable fact, as a condition of its existence,
government was denied jurisdiction to interfere in civilian possession of guns,
the same as it does not have authority to make u get to Church on time, if u don't wanna.

David
oralloy

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 05:18 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
If guns were nuclear bombs, would the right to own and carry one be the same?

No. Hard to see any militia utility or self defense utility for nuclear bombs.

Now, if you wanted to talk grenades and bazookas, those would clearly have militia utility.

81mm mortars anyone?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 05:23 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
Weren't Jews also given a speedy pathway to citizenship in the US to help them escape Hitler's war?

Unfortunately I think we mostly just turned our backs on them.

RexRed wrote:
In fact that United Nations gave them nearly an entire country that did not belong to them to give away.

It may not have belonged to the UN, but it did belong to the Israelis (at least, the West Bank did). So all the UN was doing was returning stolen property to its rightful owners.

RexRed wrote:
And why did the Jews lose the holy lands way back when? Because no one could stand the sharia law originating out of their old testament...

Nonsense. It was because people wanted to steal their land.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 05:30 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
By Lou W.

Have you ever wondered why it is that liberal Democrats hate guns so much? I have. I think about it a lot, whenever I think how nice it would be if New Jersey became a "shall issue" state.

It's coming.

Now that the Supreme Court has established that the Second Amendment applies to state and local governments, the next round of lawsuits has begun working their way through the courts.

This round is focusing on establishing that the Second Amendment protects our right to carry guns in public.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 05:40 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
the same as it does not have authority to make u get to Church on time, if u don't wanna.

The feds clearly don't have jurisdiction, since the Constitution didn't give them any. However, state governments inherently have broad jurisdiction, and are only limited by the question of whether they are violating people's rights.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 06:27 am
@oralloy,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
oralloy wrote:

The feds clearly don't have jurisdiction, since the Constitution didn't give them any.
However, state governments inherently have broad jurisdiction, and are only limited
by the question of whether they are violating people's rights.
Those rights were and are defended
by the US Bill of Rights.
Do u accept the reasoning of Barron v. Baltimore??
I sure don't; it was an insult to the intelligence
and contrary to common understanding at the time.

In any case, it was repudiated by Section 1 of the 14th Amendment,
with overthrowing the Barron case explicitly in mind.
We know this from the mouth of its author,
Representative John Bingham testifying in Congress March 31st, 1871.
RexRed

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 07:40 am
The object of pacifism is never admitting there are guns in the first place...
izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 07:44 am
@RexRed,
Really? I thought the object was not to use them. You can't deny what obviously exists.

Dave for one would be very upset. If guns don't exist what has he been oiling and polishing all this time?
RexRed

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 07:48 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Really? I thought the object was not to use them. You can't deny what obviously exists.

Dave for one would be very upset. If guns don't exist what has he been oiling and polishing all this time?
Double negatives don't exist...
gungasnake

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 08:57 am
@RexRed,
Quote:
Says here that "Fast and Furious" was started by the Bush admin......... Bush and the NRA republicans figuring out how they could get MORE guns into Mexico... Sound right to you? We can be sure there will be more of this NRA insanity if Romney gets into office...

If I'm Pancho Villa and my objective is simply to get as many guns into Mexican hands as possible, then the worst and most expensive possible way to do that is to buy them from American dealers.

Vastly cheaper, simpler, and better would be to talk to Rusarm and/or Imbel.

Imbel as you might recall was a primary source for FAL rifles, and is still selling them:

http://www.imbel.gov.br/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=76&Itemid=31&lang=en
parados

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 11:18 am
@gungasnake,
Obviously you have never worked in procurement gunga.
You have to consider all costs when buying something for import. If I want to buy an illegal gun from Russia, getting it into the country will cost about 10 times the cost of the gun in having to smuggle it out of Russia and into Mexico. That is even before I consider the time cost of waiting for the shipment.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 12:41 pm
@RexRed,
Huh, you don't know nothing.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 03:17 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
Obviously you have never worked in procurement gunga.
You have to consider all costs when buying something for import. If I want to buy an illegal gun from Russia, getting it into the country will cost about 10 times the cost of the gun in having to smuggle it out of Russia and into Mexico. That is even before I consider the time cost of waiting for the shipment.

Russia does a lot of arms selling. I'm sure they have a distribution network in place.

But in the case of the Mexican cartels, I'm sure they look more locally than Russia. There are tons of AK-47s available in South America. Plus they have corrupted the Mexican government so much that they likely receive a lot of the Mexican Army's own guns.