US agents ok gun sales to Mexican drug cartels

RexRed

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 01:02 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

RexRed wrote:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/15/us-mexico-guns-idUSTRE73E7PP20110415

WTF! Someone needs to be court marshaled over this one. Whoever ok'd this needs to be FIRED IMMEDIATELY and brought up on charges for murder.

This is an outrage and is absolutely unacceptable! Mexico should view this as an act of war. What is the Feds explanation for this?

And they are worried about the lives of federal agents? What about the lives of innocent Mexican civilians?

"12,400 people were killed in raging drug violence in 2010" (I am sure the number is much higher than that!)

One gun from the US is too many.

Heads should roll for this one....

"Weapons used in the killings were traced back to sales in Arizona and Texas respectively."
Simple commerce is not "an act of war," Red.

Do u think thay 'll wanna re-open the Mexican War ?

David

David, this is all about saving lives on all sides, establishing rule of law and using ethical conduct. Love not war... RED HEARTS
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 09:02 pm
Mexico drugs war: Security forces 'committing abuses'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-15655191
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 02:41 pm
This is terrible!

More than 20 bodies dumped in Mexico's Guadalajara
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43344420/ns/world_news-americas/#.Ts6rt2Mr2dA
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 12:43 am
Mexican army: 'El Chapo' security head arrested

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45788330/ns/world_news-americas/#.TvgXStRSS5I
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 04:53 am
Mexico's cartels build own national radio system

http://news.yahoo.com/mexicos-cartels-build-own-national-radio-system-200251816.html
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 05:00 am
Mexico makes historic methamphetamine seizure

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/09/10359157-mexico-makes-historic-methamphetamine-seizure
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 05:37 am

BELTWAY GUNRUNNERS

Obama fundraiser tied to Fast and Furious

Fugitive allegedly involved with top drug cartel across border
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 05:40 am

Breaking: Fugitive Obama Fundraiser Linked to Fast and Furious
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 08:25 am
Why Do Liberals Hate Guns?

By Lou W.

Have you ever wondered why it is that liberal Democrats hate guns so much? I have. I think about it a lot, whenever I think how nice it would be if New Jersey became a "shall issue" state. Really though, why do liberal Democrats, who like to pose as supporters of individual liberties, hate guns? What is the motivation behind their position? Here are a few thoughts.

1. Liberal Democrats Hate Gun Owners

Gun owners, as a general rule, are more conservative and are more likely to vote Republican. Gun owners are also more likely to join the Armed forces and to give unqualified support to our troops. Gun owners are also more likely to think it was a good idea for people like Richard Nixon to go after communists like Alger Hiss. Many gun owners supported the Vietnam War. Some of them allowed themselves to be drafted and others went so far as to enlist of their own accord. These, however, are all things that liberal Democrats despise. If gun owners are in favor of these hated things, guns must be very bad.

2. Gun Control as a Means to Attain Political Power

Many misguided people have an honest aversion to guns and would prefer the enactment of strict gun control regulations. In this great country they are entitled to their opinion and to vote their beliefs. The liberal Democrats know this and use these people as a means to win elections.

The liberal Democrats are actually an unholy alliance of single issue voting blocs. The liberal Democrats believe that they can win at the ballot box if they support the following issues and groups: abortion, homosexuality, affirmative action, opposition to school vouchers, anti-religious sentiment, radical feminists and big labor unions.

Gun control is just another special interest in their bag of tricks. The best example of this is the assault weapons ban. Every rational person knows that the ban eliminates certain guns based on cosmetic features. Bayonet lugs and flash suppressors do not make semi-automatic guns more deadly or more suitable for criminal use! However, the assault weapon ban is the ideal wedge to use in a heated political debate. ("My Republican and Libertarian opponents are against the assault weapons ban!")

3. Liberal Democrats Hate Black Americans

Despite their protestations to the contrary, much of the push for gun control comes from liberal Democrats who want to keep guns out of the hands of black people. Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington D.C. and New York City are places with large minority populations and very restrictive gun laws.

Also, the people who push for gun control come from cushy places where minorities are not welcome (except as servants). How many working class Black Americans hang out in places like Brentwood, California or Beacon Hill and Hyannis, Massachusetts? People who do not want minorities to have guns like gun control.

4. Liberal Democrats Hate the Constitution

The Constitution protects the individual rights of individuals and it protects individuals from the State. Liberal Democrats hate this. They believe that they know what's good for us, how to use our money better than we do, and they know whether I should be allowed to carry a gun on my person to protect myself, my family and my Synagogue. How else do you explain that liberal Democrats find a right to abortion emanating from the penumbra of the Constitution, but cannot seem to find any individual right at all in the Second Amendment?
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 08:27 am

Bullpup M14
RexRed

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 08:45 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Make love, not war, spread good will, not guns. Simple as it is...
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 11:18 am
@RexRed,
Make love, make babies, make guns and make sure that you are prepared for war - stay safe.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:06 am
When law and order breaks down people start taking the law into their own hands.

Quote:
Mob lynches three suspected kidnappers in Mexico

Security officials in Mexico say three men have been killed by a mob for allegedly trying to kidnap a group of youths.

Local residents in Chalco, near Mexico City, beat the men, doused them with petrol and set them alight.

Police managed to save one of the three men from the mob, but he died later in hospital.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-17000216
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:22 am
@izzythepush,
WTF does any of this have to do with Obama's gun running to Mexico?

People do the right thing, step in and save victims before the police arrive quite often.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:24 am
@H2O MAN,
It's criminal gangs dealing in drugs, and if you had more than a couple of braincells you would realise that what I posted is a consequence of that criminality. I'm not surprised it flew right over your head, most things do.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:28 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

When law and order breaks down people start taking the law into their own hands.

Quote:
Mob lynches three suspected kidnappers in Mexico

Security officials in Mexico say three men have been killed by a mob for allegedly trying to kidnap a group of youths.

Local residents in Chalco, near Mexico City, beat the men, doused them with petrol and set them alight.

Police managed to save one of the three men from the mob, but he died later in hospital.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-17000216

This one is a tough call. I do not condone mob violence but I also have no love whatsoever for kidnappers. As you say Izzy, "when law and order break down" I think citizens have no other recourse than to take the law into their own hands.

Suppose these kidnappers were terrorists on a plane? Then mob justice would be a welcomed response. Perhaps this will serve as a grave warning and deterrent to future kidnappers that think stealing people's children are such an easy target.

I say these people were perhaps only guarding their own property just the same as if someone breaks into a person's house. In most countries you have a unfettered right to defend your home and family from such attacks.

Yes this is a tough call but perhaps justice was served. I can't imagine having to live under such fear for loved ones. If faced with the same dilemma I might have done the same. I find this terribly sad but I have to side with the parents. Perhaps they are even heroes. Something for judges and courts to decide.

Thanks for posting this.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:34 am
@RexRed,
It is tricky, I agree, but if the police are corrupt what can ordinary people do. The problem is, it that rough justice is not fuelled by a desire to see justice, but by anger and retribution.
RexRed

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:38 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It is tricky, I agree, but if the police are corrupt what can ordinary people do. The problem is, it that rough justice is not fuelled by a desire to see justice, but by anger and retribution.

Sadly justice is sometimes exactly that, just ice...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:39 am
@izzythepush,
Concerned citizens stepping in and trying to save the innocent - - I don't see the problem.

Again, what does this have to do with Obama's gun running to Mexican gangs?
Obama supplied arms to these gangs and that's somehow totally acceptable to you.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:42 am
@H2O MAN,
What if the women who shouted out that they were kidnappers were lying? I guess your contempt for law and order can join your contempt for democracy, and decency. I suppose your love of racism, petty hatred and ignorance is as undiminished as ever.
0 Replies