Why do atheist try to convert Christians

izzythepush

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 01:48 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Yeah, the christians always try to make that claim,

Really, that the New Testament is payback for the Old Testament?

You really get to the nub of the matter.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 01:54 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Isn't that the difference between the Old and New Testaments? In the Old Testament God is a right bastard, but we get our own back on him in the New Testament, so it all works out.

You didn't say anything about "pay back." The point, which even you should be bright enough to see, is that Jesus offers nothing in mitigation of the laws of the "right bastard."
izzythepush

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 02:01 pm
@Setanta,
My post was all about payback, it's not my fault if you don't pick up on the flaming obvious.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 02:09 pm
The most obvious thing here is that you are Little Miss Can't Be Wrong.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 03:04 am
@Setanta,
When people don't get jokes, probably because they think humour begins and ends with puns, they often get into a strop and throw insults about.

Thanks for not disappointing.

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 03:06 am
@izzythepush,
This is typical of one of your feeble attempts to defend your stupid, thoughtless accusations.

Thanks for not disappointing.

(Joke my ass . . .)
izzythepush

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 03:06 am
@Setanta,
Whooosh
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 03:13 am
What a fuckin' twit . . . i saw the wry character of your remark, but it doesn't qualify as a joke. My response was a serious description of a christian neurosis with regard to old vs. new testament. But you had to get pissy about it, because you've become obsessive hostile. That's no skin off my nose.

You couldn't talk over my head if you were standing on a step ladder. What a pathetic clown.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 03:17 am
@Setanta,
You really are a master of self control, no hissy fits for you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 03:21 am
If you think i take you seriously, you're a bigger fool than i thought, and that's saying quite a lot.

But, whatever you say, Bubba, i'm sure you're always right.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 04:09 am
@Setanta,
The only person you take seriously is yourself, unfortunately you take yourself way too seriously.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 04:11 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
But, whatever you say, Bubba,

"Bubba," isn't that a slang term from that wonderful country of yours? I actually know what that means, it's probably because I pay attention to the world in general.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 05:12 am
If you say so, Bubba . . . i'm sure you're right.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 05:24 am
On taking note of a long long serial of postings of posters on this thread that I have on ignore, I look at those posts.

All those many many posts was just back and forth dislike postings between Satanta and Izzy.

Thanks guys for confirming my having both of you on ignore.
Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 05:25 am
@BillRM,
Sure, Bubba . . . glad to hear it. You crack me up . . .
izzythepush

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 05:33 am
@Setanta,
"Ignore" isn't the only word Bill has a problem with.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 05:06 pm
So.......... How 'bout those Red Sox........
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 03:19 am
@rosborne979,
Struggling big time! Sux to see the Sox do so bad! Mr. Green

Ellsbury hurt, Youkilis hurt, or not the same he was, Crawford still hurt, Lester pitches like crap, Beckett is up and down, Clay, does not seem to be anything that is predicable, and clearly just had one great season...Dice K, you do not know what you will get with him, Gonzalez, really has not hit, since he had a sore shoulder last year...Bard pitched so bad last week, they are thinking about taking him out of the rotation, Aceves, marginal closer at best...and the rest besides Ortiz, and just scrappy players, who can have a big game, but not hit for a week or so...

The only good thing, is if Bard is dropped from the SP, spot, he will probably be the closer, But then they would need another SP anyways...

Does not look good right now, if you are a Sox fan...Maybe the White Sox!! Mr. Green Mr. Green
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 11:50 pm
I tried to convert a Christian once, but nobody at the bank knew the exchange rate.
MoralPhilosopher23

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 08:00 am
@reasoning logic,
Before I begin to explain my point of view, I must ask why it concerns you that an atheist would make an attempt to convert a religious person?

First and foremost, I do think you are mistaken if you believe that atheistic people are out to convert people to their non-religious lifestyle for the fun of it. Currently, there is a new wave of atheism that is taking over because scientists like Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris believe that religion has completely damaged society, so it is common for "new-atheists" to run around trying to convert people to their views because they have been persuaded from the lectures of these intellectual thinkers. To further my point on this, new atheists feel as if it is their duty to make an attempt to end religion.

Even though I am all the way for science and technology leading our way into the future, I still cannot believe that many of these people are persuaded in this way. The arguements, by themselves, should raise a significant amount of questions, so I am pist that science thinks they can take over this serious philosophical issue.

If people would like to hear compelling arguements, they should look more into the philosophical approach from my view.

Personally I am an atheist and I honestly see the attempt to convert people as a complete waste of time.

Take care
0 Replies