Why do atheist try to convert Christians

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 09:14 pm
@Krumple,
Yes I agree with you but it is people like this that add to the world of disillusion thinking to others!

People like this start ideologies and religions!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 03:39 am
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:
If he won't take the time to actually analyze what books he is one staring then why should we accept what he has to say at all?

Was this supposed to be a sentence in the English language?
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 08:45 am
Could you imagine having to grow up with a father like this? I would think that life could be a little uncomfortable at times.
I wonder if that is his wife and kid with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ImdXvFB1hM&feature=channel_video_title
BillRM

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 09:59 am
@reasoning logic,
Lord I love the women should not be allow to vote sign as even a fool can not be wrong in every positions he take <just kidding Annette if you happen to see this posting>.

Amazing that this man is for real and not just pulling our legs.

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 10:09 am
@BillRM,
We can all be a little crazy at times but he seems to be a little over the top!

Here is a cute song about why bees don't go to heaven! How do you think that the man made out flying that plane at 2 minutes in the video?
Do you think that this will be the kind of songs people will be singing to their children in the future?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js0wTn5UK1g&feature=channel_video_title
BillRM

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 10:37 am
@reasoning logic,
There was a cute story of a man and his dog who got themselves kill on a walk in some manner and he and his dog was walking down the path to heaven but when he reached the gates he was told that he would need to leave his dog outside as heaven have a no dog allowed policy.

He then refused to enter and kept walking coming to another set of gates and confused he ask what placed he had come to.

Why heaven of course said the gate keeper.

But I had already gone by heaven and could not enter into it with my dog said the man.

The Gate keeper laugh and said that was not heaven but hell and they enjoy trying to confused travelers and of course both you and your dog are welcome here.
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 10:57 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Could you imagine having to grow up with a father like this? I would think that life could be a little uncomfortable at times.
I wonder if that is his wife and kid with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ImdXvFB1hM&feature=channel_video_title

I could only listen to about a minute of that. We are to preach the gospel but what he was doing was not preaching the gospel. It is so hard for me to understand anyone that says they truly love the Lord can act in such a manner. Yes, we are to warn others BY PREACHING THE GOSPEL. Unfortunately, it seems much of mankind thinks they know better than God and want to bully people into His kingdom.
farmerman

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 10:58 am
@BillRM,
waiting for the punch line.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 10:58 am
@BillRM,
That was a good one!
Do you know what would happen if there were no more atheist in America?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbef07aQtB8&feature=channel_video_title
BillRM

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 11:48 am
@farmerman,
The story seem clear to me farmerman that if he had been willing to abandon his pet he would had ended up in hell not heaven and by refusing to do so he ended up instead in the real heaven with his dog.

This cute story came to mind after listening to the video title why do not bees go to heaven.

You must be a little slow today.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 11:56 am
@reasoning logic,
Minor note if you placed [youtube] in front of your link and [/youtube] behind your link you can embed the videos in your postings.

Oh I did enjoy your links..............
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 12:35 pm
@BillRM,
Thank you I was wondering how people did that.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 03:20 pm
Some people think that science implies that we came from monkeys and if that is true then monkeys should still be evolving into humans and I just wanted to clear that up a bit!

Richard Dawkins: Why are there still Chimpanzees?

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 04:18 pm
@Arella Mae,
I think that we both can agree that he was not someone that we should fallow.
I do wonder though, "is there a possibility that people like him should not be allowed to educate children? I really think that this a touchy subject and I will respect all view points even though I may disagree with some of them!

Are there some things that should not be taught regardless of religious beliefs? Could other problems arise from having faith based schools?

Richard Dawkins: Faith School Menace? (1 of 4)

Richard Dawkins: Faith School Menace? (2 of 4)

Richard Dawkins: Faith School Menace? (3 of 4)

Richard Dawkins: Faith School Menace? (4 of 4)

BillRM

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 04:44 pm
@reasoning logic,
Look the gentleman on the video may be out of the current mainspring far more then most but he is just doing what is needed to transmit his faith and belief system to his children as other religion parents are doing with the help of their churches.

You need to get to the children before the age of reason occur with stories of hell and heaven and life being return to rotting bodies and virgin births or your children are likely to laugh at you or at least look at you very strangely indeed.

I am not all that sure that we should feel all that must more sorry for his children then the children of more mainspring religions parents who are also threatening their children with hell fire and the devil if they do not believe in Jesus for example.

Religion schools are just selling the same nonsense as the homes and the churches are selling.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 07:42 pm
@BillRM,
You do seem to be correct!

Do you know who this man is? I think that you may know him!

gungasnake

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 08:51 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Like the title says why do you think that atheist try to convert Christians?

I love questions with simple answers... They say misery loves company, and hell is REALLY miserable. Or so they say...
Ionus

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 06:17 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Which religion are you referring to?
Most of them .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 06:18 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Interesting idea that when religions go off the rail as they are more off then on it is due to pack behaviors not the evilness inherited in such stupid irrational beliefs systems that grant leadership of the packs to evil men.
If I read that correctly, then all Europeans should have been killed for Nazi war crimes . Why wouldn't only leaders be responsible ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 06:23 am
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
I have found that those claiming to be atheist on A2K are really quite honest about how they feel.
You are assuming people know how they feel and always tell the truth about such....

Quote:
Why would they be jealous of something they don't even believe in?
Your simplistic approach to human behaviour belittles your argument .