Mixed signals from work colleague. Plse Help.

shyfox

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2011 10:46 am
Been getting mixed signals from a work colleague. I have noticed him stare/look at me on occasions as tho he wants to say something but can't. A few weeks ago he complimented me infront of every1 and stood in my personal space as he did this, he has also winked at me and still held a stare . I told him my hunch, but he then backed off by ignoring me on purpose, so I decided to ignore him back and I did this for a few days. After a few days of ignoring him I noticed him turning round 2 look/stare at me as he was leaving, he did this twice within a day as he re-visited the unit where I work.

And then the following day, he was off with you? As tho I'd annoyed him. His mannerisum seemed kurt towards with compared to recently.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,486 • Replies: 3
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2011 10:55 am
@shyfox,
If you are indeed a shyfox, you should know how to get to the bottom of this stare/ignore/stare sequence of events.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2011 12:03 pm
@shyfox,
It's unclear to me whether or not you want this sort of attention or you feel you have a potential stalker. If you want his attention, just take him aside and talk to him as you would any new friend. Suggest having a cup of coffee or a beverage and find a way to talk about the fun common interests that you share. Whatever you both do, you need to make it more clear to one another so you both are on the same page. He might have backed off, thinking you're uncomfy with his attention to you.

If it's too creepy, perhaps you should let him know that you feel uncomfy and you'd like it to stop.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2011 12:08 pm
@Ragman,
Good advise. Confrontation is necessary in this kind of situation.
0 Replies