Who is the most persecuted religion?

BDV

Thu 9 Jun, 2011 04:39 pm
The acts of the Nazi's have made the jewish people and probably the entire world believe they are the most persecuted people in the planets history, but is is it true? why does christian persecution not make headlines! does the suffering and deaths of chistian make unworthy news? is it acceptable to kill and murder large portions of this community acceptable? does the massacre of 1.5 million christians in turkey have no meaning? Why do christians support Israel while they persecute the christian world?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 13 • Views: 24,433 • Replies: 245
Topic Closed

BDV

Thu 9 Jun, 2011 04:47 pm
Nazi germany killed 16,315,000 people in death camps, 6,000,000 where jewish, what religion did the rest hold?
Kara

Thu 9 Jun, 2011 07:08 pm
@BDV,
Perhaps atheists are the most shunned and feared of the outliers although not persecuted in the same way as Jews have been historically.
0 Replies

talk72000

Thu 9 Jun, 2011 07:14 pm
@BDV,
Quote:
6,000,000 where jewish

Most were not religious so they could counted as atheists. Atheists were persecuted. Both Christians and Muslims target atheists.
raprap

Thu 9 Jun, 2011 07:26 pm
@BDV,
Now?

George Bush wrote:
No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God.

Seneca the Younger wrote:
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.

G.K. Chesterton wrote:
If there were no God, there would be no Atheists.
I love Gilbert Chesterton

Unknown wrote:
I considered atheism, but there weren't enough holidays.

Rap
ossobuco

Thu 9 Jun, 2011 07:36 pm
I have no personal idea of the total numbers. I did know a neighbor with a number, and have many friends who lost family. I had a client who was catholic who was also in a camp. I saw photos of Dachau when I was nine (information from my father). No wonder I am me.

Who had the most persecuted religion? Give me a break, religion likes push on that but some have suffered indescribably.

But on people lost in the holocaust, even minimizing it, it is unbelievable.

Other claims, I will listen to, too. But - my favorite book is by Primo Levi, and not the famous book.

Don't assume I think Israel is right.

People suffer across the globe all the time, in some fair part because of religion and its righteousness.

0 Replies

Ceili

Thu 9 Jun, 2011 08:42 pm
The most persecuted religion is generally the one that is the minority wherever or whenever that might be.
Almost every corner of the earth has persecuted others in the name of whatever god they've worshipped at one point or another.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Fri 10 Jun, 2011 08:10 am
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

Quote:
6,000,000 where jewish

Most were not religious so they could counted as atheists. Atheists were persecuted. Both Christians and Muslims target atheists.
Exactly what do you mean by "target"?
talk72000

Fri 10 Jun, 2011 12:16 pm
@Arella Mae,
When you use a target you you shoot at it. Atheists have been blasphemed by most religions have no trouble killing them or 'sending them to hell'. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Fri 10 Jun, 2011 01:09 pm
The Mayan.
The Inca.
The people who were in Ireland before the Celts.
(We don't even know what they called themselves.)

Ten thousand thousand other cultures.
You don't get much more persecuted than extinct.

Joe(Son of Oppressors)Nation
0 Replies

BDV

Fri 10 Jun, 2011 03:53 pm
So atheism is a religion now !!! interesting point of view considering atheists tend to say they are not a religion, tends to open a completley different debate.
0 Replies

jcboy

Fri 10 Jun, 2011 04:08 pm
All should be equally persecuted for stupidy.
Arella Mae

Fri 10 Jun, 2011 04:49 pm
@jcboy,
So we should persecute ALL stupid people or just the stupid ones that believe in God? If it's ALL stupid people where does the line get drawn that deems them stupid? If it's only the ones that believe in God, any god, why? Why should anyone be persecuted because they are different? I am going out on a limb here and am assuming you have probably suffered persecution in your life because you are different? You really think it would be okay to turn around and do to someone else what horrible thing might have been done to you?
0 Replies

BDV

Fri 10 Jun, 2011 05:13 pm
@jcboy,
so if someone seems less intelligent than you they should be persecuted just because you feel better than them...... interesting extremist attitude,(which right wing group do u belong too?) if it was humour you where attempting then it seems you belong to that group that you wish to persecute......
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 10 Jun, 2011 05:39 pm
Who is the most persecuted religion? You mean which? and when?

read up, much has been written in regard to all this, even in books.
maxdancona

Fri 10 Jun, 2011 05:41 pm
In the US in the 21st century Muslims are be far the most persecuted religion.
Arella Mae

Fri 10 Jun, 2011 05:54 pm
@maxdancona,
This is a serious question. I am not trying to be derogatory or a smart mouth. Do you think they are persecuted in the US because of their religion or because so many view them as terrorists?
BDV

Fri 10 Jun, 2011 05:59 pm
@ossobuco,
so whats the point of forums? so all that is written is true? bizarre answer
ossobuco

Fri 10 Jun, 2011 06:15 pm
@BDV,
Posers seem to want something like a one paragraph answer to questions.

The point of forums is discussion. Work at learning how to do that.
BDV

Fri 10 Jun, 2011 06:26 pm
@ossobuco,
that answered nothing just like your answer to the question, yet your answer answers only the previous point i made. Do you have a problem with the question as you seem to want to answer it with "read a book", which could b the answer to all questions in any forum, making discussion useless, i fail to see your point as it is.....? well you can read a book to find that answer to that question.
0 Replies