27

On Voting Republicans Out Of Office

RexRed

1  
Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 11:15 pm
@anonymously99,
anonymously99 wrote:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYdG1CO01LQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

stupid dog.
anonymously99

0  
Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 11:15 pm
@RexRed,
You don't deserve an answer. I don't like your mind.

I honestly don't care.
RexRed

1  
Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 11:17 pm
@anonymously99,
Stupid ...
we like disco u are an ass...
anonymously99

0  
Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 11:17 pm
@RexRed,
I'm not obsessed with you. You just happen to be there.

anonymously99

0  
Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 11:18 pm
@RexRed,
Stupid ...

... ly beautiful.
RexRed

1  
Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 11:19 pm
@anonymously99,
dog
NSFW (view)
anonymously99

-1  
Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 11:21 pm
@RexRed,
dog

the bounty hunter.

I can do this all night.

bobsal u1553115

3  
Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 09:59 am
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2014/140408-the-party-of-morals-and-values-is-back.jpg
bobsal u1553115

3  
Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 10:04 am
Senator Mitch McConnell’s Facebook Poll Backfires Big Time
April 8, 2014 By Erin Nanasi Leave a Comment

1009879_717432878279225_986754556_nSenator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) posted a poll to his Facebook page this weekend, in the form of a meme. The senate minority leader wanted to know, out of four choices, which was the most important to his constituents. Senator McConnell obviously didn’t pay attention to how well this worked for Ted Cruz when Cruz decided to ask his Facebook “fans” if the ACA had made people’s lives better or worse. Remember: this is the same guy who said the GOP’s most important task after President Obama was elected was to make him a one-term president. So, that obviously didn’t work, and now McConnell is focused on other things that he deems “critical.” McConnell’s text accompanying the meme:

If I am privileged to lead a Republican majority in the Senate in 2015 there are many critical issues that we plan to address. Comment below and tell me what issue is most important to you!

Here are your choices:

A: Repealing Obamacare

B: Ending the War on Coal

C: Protecting Life

D: Defending the Second Amendment

According to Mitch McConnell, these are the critical issues he and other members of the GOP will address if he wins reelection this fall. My favorite is C, and we’ll get into that in a bit. For now, let’s take a look at some of the comments that people posted in response to these critical issues.

Ditch Mitch come election day!

An investigation into your 6 year 24 million dollar increase in wealth during the recession would be nice.

If those are YOUR top 4 concerns, Mitch, MY top concern would be to make sure you don’t get reelected.

Wow, how about improving the economy, educating our state, and working with your other lawmakers to push this country forward. You are an idiot.

Seriously….THIS is your platform? Disgusting…. You do know what year it is right? I was denied health insurance for years because I was born with a preexisting condition…I am still denied civil rights today because I was born a lesbian… and apparently you want to take even more rights away from me because I was born a woman. I’ll be sure to do all I can to get you and yours voted out of office on the next election.

The object is to get you and your ilk out of office. You don’t care about life. If you did you wouldn’t be trying so hard to repeal the ACA.

Here is my list.
-Take care of the military and our Veterans.
-More regulations on firearms than vaginas
-Close tax loopholes for the 1%
-Expansion of Medicaid so the ACA can work the way it is intended.
-Fair minimum wage, because we are tired of paying for corporate welfare.
-Concentrate on real education. Forgive all student loans. Charge interests on Wall Street, Bank and other large corporate bail outs.
-Get out of the mysogeny, bigotry and racist business.

I could go on but I doubt your tiny mind can take too much information at once.

Oops. Now, there were folks on there who liked Sen. McConnell’s list, but there are over 3,000 comments as of Monday morning, and from my quick perusal, most of them are negative. As I wrote above, I responded to C, Protection of Life. Here’s my comment:

Protecting life, if by protecting life you mean providing low cost or free lunches to kids, making sure children have access to health care, promoting healthy eating and exercise for our children, protecting our veterans’ lives when they return from war, protecting the lives of our working poor, our elderly, our disabled, and our children by continuing to provide SNAP and WIC and other social programs that help the most vulnerable in our country survive. If by “protecting life,” you mean save the fetus, starve the child, then I choose E-everything you don’t stand for, like equality and fairness and higher taxes for the 1% and alternative energy and sensible gun laws and supporting the ACA. Have an ignorant day, Senator.

The good news is a lot of people in Mitch McConnell’s state seem to be interested in firing him this November, as evidenced by the number of folks from Kentucky pretty much slapping him around on this poll. The reason that matters is over the past few months, articles have come out stating Democrats are probably going to lose the Senate. Many of the articles are from staunchly conservative sites, but there some liberal-leaning pieces, detailing how this could happen in November. Republicans only need to gain six seats in order to “fire” Harry Reid, and if we (and by we, I mean the twits who didn’t vote in 2010, ushering in the Tea Party House, thank you so much) sit this one out, it could very likely happen.

Every time a Republican posts one of these polls, or questions, or Koch-sponsored rhetoric to his or her Facebook page, go comment. Start conversations with people who might be on the fence. Mitch McConnell’s poll was bombarded with comments from people all over the country, but most importantly, his own Kentucky voters. And they are tired of McConnell’s crap. That’s how we win. Yes, the Supreme Court took another huge shot at democracy last week. But keep this in mind: Sheldon Adelson spent $100 million on negative ads against President Obama, donated $10 million to Mitt Romney, and look what happened. All his money couldn’t change how the majority of Americans felt, and voted. Mitch McConnell is supported by Koch, the Tea Party, the fringe, and he’s got oodles of cash flowing in. We can’t beat the money, we just can’t. What we can do is stand up to the money, use our voices and our votes, and show these bastards that America is not for sale.

The poll is still up, by the way, if you’d like to tell Mitch McConnell what you think of his priorities. Tell Mitch McConnell he can’t buy his reelection, and that if these are the issues he deems critical, he does not have America’s – or Kentucky’s – best interests at heart.
Related Posts on Forward Progressives:

OUCH! Mitch McConnell Embarrassingly Puts Out Campaign Ad Featuring Duke Basketball…
How Radical has the Republican Party Become? One State Perfectly Sums Up the Insanity
Mitch McConnell Laughs at the Unemployed When Asked Not to Extend Unemployment Benefits
Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell Make Republicans Look Ridiculous by Completely Contradicting

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/senator-mitch-mcconnells-facebook-poll-backfires/

- See more at: http://www.forwardprogressives.com/senator-mitch-mcconnells-facebook-poll-backfires/#sthash.CxZgGohV.PRwm1Cc0.dpuf
coldjoint

-1  
Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 10:12 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Alan Grayson, wife beater.

hawkeye10

0  
Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 10:23 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

we seem to regard republicans to be on par with child porn peddlers...anything done which catches them doing wrong is AOK.

I am not thinking this is a good thing.

panzade

2  
Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 10:34 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Erin has it goin' on...

coldjoint

-1  
Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 11:13 am
Gallup: Uninsured Rate Up Since Obama Elected
Roughly 3.6 million more uninsured since Bush administration.

Burn.
If you move the goalposts far enough, you’re sure to score.

Gallup has a fairly honest headline: “In U.S., Uninsured Rate Lowest Since 2008″. But, hm, what happened in 2008? Let’s keep looking at the chart. The low was 14.4 percent, just before the financial crisis. Makes some sense, I’m sure a lot of people lost health insurance then. At the start of the Obama Administration, the rate was 15.6 percent; the peak was 18 percent — in roughly the third quarter of last year. Remember that, when people were objecting because they’d had their insurance canceled? Harry Reid said all those people were lying, but Gallup says different. In fact, 1 percentage point on this chart is, roughly, 3 million people. The change from Q1 to Q3 was about 2 percent — or roughly 6 million people who became uninsured.
http://cdn.pjmedia.com/tatler/files/2014/04/gallup-insurance.png
Where have I heard that number before?

And now for the punchline: Since Obama was inaugurated in 2008, the net change is from 15.4 percent uninsured to 15.6 percent. So the net effect has been that by the Gallup Survey the number of uninsured has improved in the last year, but gotten worse since Obama was inaugurated, and is 1.2 percent worse than under Bush.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/04/08/gallup-uninsured-rate-up-since-obama-elected/

There are some numbers for you.
parados

2  
Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 11:24 am
@coldjoint,
Obama was inaugurated in 2008? You gottta love the RW sites that make up stuff and Pinkie just pastes it here without checking any facts.

The math is all wrong too.
The US had 313 million people in 2012. 23% were under the age of 18. That means 241 million were 18 or older.
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html

1% of that is 2.41 million not the 3 million and 2% is less than 5 million. But the author uses 2% instead of the 1.7% that the chart actually shows. 1.7% of 241 is only 4.1 million.

I guess if you move the goal posts you can score with RWers. They like it when you are off by 50% or more.
coldjoint

-1  
Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 11:49 am
@parados,
They like it when you are off by 50% or more.

That still leaves more uninsured people than under Bush.
parados

2  
Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 12:10 pm
@coldjoint,
It also leaves more people working than under Bush.
Baldimo

0  
Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 12:17 pm
@parados,
False. The over all workforce participation rate is the lowest it has been in in over a decade. Total unemployment is still above 12% if you include those who have stopped looking for work.

http://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101398855

Things are not as good as you would like to think they are.

coldjoint

-1  
Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 12:17 pm
@parados,

Changing the subject? That was an example of how numbers can be manipulated to make the loser in chief look good.

coldjoint

-1  
Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 04:23 pm
Holder owned.

HOLDER: No, no, I would disagree in the sense that, taking into account resource constraints, it is incumbent upon those of us in the executive branch to make the maximum use of the resources that Congress gives to us. That necessarily means we’re always making choices about the kinds of cases we bring, how we deal with cases we bring…

GOWDY: But you’re already expending the resources of the prosecution or you and I wouldn’t be having the question. This is all about sentencing. I have no qualms if you say I’m gonna decline prosecution. You have an unfettered right to do that.

What I’m saying is you don’t have the right to say, in mandatory minimum cases, don’t tell the grand jury what the drug amount is.

Holder believe his ‘discretion’ gives him the power to ignore the law as long as he can cite ‘resources’ as the excuse. This is exactly the argument Obama is using regarding deportation of illegals. They ignore congressional law and claim they don’t have the resources needed to fully enforce the law. In reality they are pushing their own agendas which, in this case, is trying to keep minorities out of prison even when drug amounts are severe enough that the law demands prison time.

I would add that Holder also seems fairly outmatched in this debate with Gowdy, as he confuses prosecution and sentencing. Not only does Gowdy expose Holder’s motives, he also exposes what a light weight Holder is when it comes to defending his lawlessness.

More manipulation and more excuses for pushing an agenda. Which is not the duty of any government agency.

http://therightscoop.com/gowdy-you-dont-have-discretion-on-whether-to-follow-the-law-or-not-holder-i-disagree/