My parents are smoking weed... I don't feel safe.I don't know what to do. Help?!

Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 04:10 pm
I'm 15 now, and I found out 2 years ago that my parents smoke weed because I found it in their bedroom. I understand it's their life but it's affecting my brother and my self. They are always screaming and yelling at us, we don't feel comfortable at home, they drink a lot and get EXTREMELY angry all the time, they talk down to us and make us feel horrible and like no one cares about us. This has made us stay with our grandmas a lot to get away from them, but we still have to go home for school and deal with it all over again. I don't know what to do... if I should call the police or just get over it, but it has caused me and my brother a lot of hurt and suffering. He's only 7 by the way. Please help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 6,410 • Replies: 10

boomerang

Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 04:15 pm
@momo3596,
It's probably more the liquor than the weed that's making them act like that.

Or they could just be jerks and it's neither the weed or liquor.

I think you should talk to your grandma and to your teacher at school.
momo3596

Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 04:21 pm
@boomerang,
I've told my grandmother but she doesn't know what to do either, Sad
boomerang

Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 04:29 pm
@momo3596,
Then talk to your teacher, she'll know what to do and she has an obligation to do it.

You have a right to feel safe in your home. Protect yourself and your brother.

There are a few people who have worked with child protective services on this forum. Maybe they'll stop in with a run down on how things happen once you get things going.

I imagine that you would be put in foster care while CPS investigates. Your parents will probably be made to go to AA and NA and get some counseling.
0 Replies

redheadrob

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 06:08 pm
@momo3596,
ya yous help did ya not tell ya grandmas bout it cos it has 2 shop
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 06:21 pm
@momo3596,
Call the Police . You have rights, and things like this can have far greater effect later . You need professional help to sort this out .
0 Replies

Lucassnowboards

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 11:45 am
@momo3596,
i have the same exact problem with my mom. i dont know if i should get her Arrested or no.
chai2

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 04:10 pm
@Lucassnowboards,
And what is going to happen to you in foster care when she's in jail?

As if this is a police priority. A grown woman smoking a joint in her own bedroom.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2015 10:22 am
@momo3596,
Get the police involved. Statistically speaking, primary threat to children isn't a stranger but their parents and relatives. If you don't feel safe, you're not safe.

That said, sounds more like the alcohol's to blame than the cannabis.
0 Replies

sincerewords

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2017 01:05 am
@momo3596,
They need better weed.

They would not be arguing and getting extremely angry if they had it.

Be a good son and brother and find your parents some dankness.
0 Replies

himanshukhaira

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2018 12:50 am
@momo3596,
You should call for help.
0 Replies