Does Plato's Republic Propose A Rigid Class System?

izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 12:19 pm
@spendius,
Spendius said

My ideal woman scares me rigid.

So she's a dominatrix then?
spendius

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 01:22 pm
@izzythepush,
No--they do what men want I heard.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 02:16 am
@spendius,
Yeah, I'm sorry, you're no Max Mosely. I take it from your comments about Stoke you're more of a City fan than a United one?
spendius

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 04:26 am
@izzythepush,
I'm a fan of the team I bet on. They are just 22 well paid sandwich board men chasing a ball around a field. City were the better side.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 04:35 am
@spendius,
Apparantly Peter Cook was a Spurs fan. He always bet against Spurs, so if they won he'd be happy as a fan, but if they lost he'd get a cash bonus. Makes sense in a funny sort of way.
spendius

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 04:37 am
@izzythepush,
It makes no sense to me.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 05:26 am
@spendius,
It would make a lot of sense if you supported Southampton. If I'd done that a couple of seasons back I'd be a lot richer now. I must confess to never having visited Manchester, I've been to Liverpool and had a great time. I don't know what stopped me going to Manchester, not when you've got such great ambassadors for your wonderful city like Terry Christian and Liam Gallagher.
spendius

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 06:12 am
@izzythepush,
I don't come from Manchester. It's horrible. Lowry caught it just right.

Everybody likes Southampton. Lawry Mac, Strachan and Hoddle--amusing guys--and Osgood, Ramsey, Chivers, Wayman, Shilton, Shearer, Keegan, Ball, dear Matt and Mick Channon who showed he had other talents in a tougher game.

Great club.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 07:44 am
@spendius,
Thank you very much. I had to choose the other day whether to upgrade to sky sports 1 or 2. It would have meant watching either Saints or England. I decided to opt for Saints, because I can't think of anyone in the England squad that's not an arsehole. Can I assume you're a Preston fan, as you mentioned them awhile back? If so I'm sorry that they were demoted this season. From what I remember they were a very good side, not an easy fixture by any means. Still, two years ago we were in the doldrums, relegated to League 1 with a 10 point deduction, a lot can happen in 2 years.

Talking about the playoffs I do not want Bournemouth to win. We've already got to face two clubs who hate us, Brighton and the Skates, and that's enough in my book. Also I don't really want the MK Dons to go up. It may be alright for sporting teams to switch cities in America, but this is perfidious Albion.
0 Replies