Did Waterboarding lead to the death of Osama?

failures art

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 09:39 am
@revelette,
The extent of the information was that Osama had a courier. Hardly somethin we didn't know.

A
R
T
parados

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 09:49 am
@revelette,
If you want to follow the trail back and back and back.. then sure.. you can find all kinds of stuff.

If you want to be really cynical then Clinton led to getting Osama because if Clinton hadn't allowed 9/11 to happen we would never have gone after him.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 09:50 am
@revelette,
Like I said, there are gonna be a lot of lefties with red faces when all the facts come out.
parados

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 09:51 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Just like all the lefties that are red faced when the facts come out about Obama's birth place.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 09:51 am
@failures art,
If you knew that before they waterboarded Sheik Mohammed then you had a duty to give the info to the necessary people. You may be a co-conspirator. If I were you, I'd have someone else open my mailbox.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 09:54 am
Gee, Renaldo, you didn't know that Osama didn;t walk up himself to al Jazeera to deliver those communiques? What a doofus.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 09:59 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

If you knew that before they waterboarded Sheik Mohammed then you had a duty to give the info to the necessary people.

The "necessary people" did have the information. The useful/actionable information about a courier is not that the courier simply exists (something we would have assumed regardless), but info on his name/alias and habits (which we got later from a different source).

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

You may be a co-conspirator.

In fighting AQ? I do work in national defense/security, so yeah. Safe bet.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

If I were you, I'd have someone else open my mailbox.

I'm perfectly capable of walking down the driveway.

A
R
T
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 10:04 am
Looks like it all boils down to how the info on the courier was obtained. If it was obtained through waterboarding then the idiot lefties who reailed against it are looking pathetic. Makes Bush look like he knew what he was doing, and that is something that makes the left want to throw up. I love it.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 10:06 am
@failures art,
Being a security guard at the welfare office doesn't make you a member of our national defense.
revelette

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 10:08 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
It don't look like the information was obtained through water boarding. The information was obtained after water boarding was discontinued. Feel free to love it.
sozobe

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 10:12 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Incorrect information was obtained through waterboarding.

The correct info was obtained through conventional (non-torture) interrogation.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 10:19 am
@revelette,
"doesn't" would be the correct word there, not "don't". I bet you attended our wonderful public school system.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 10:21 am
ah, renaldo, trying to redirect again.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 10:26 am
@MontereyJack,
Fun to watch you all running around.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 10:26 am
@sozobe,
That's what you've been indoctrinated to repeat. Polly want a cracker?
parados

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 12:26 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
You are tangled in your strings again Renaldo.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 01:19 pm
@parados,
And do you really believe no one was waterboarded afterwards?

I find it highly unlikely - although I wouldn't necessarily rely on O'Reilly accounts - just simply common sense. I am sure there are alot of ugly things that go on that is not generally known.
parados

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 01:20 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

If they were than a lot of people were lying to Congress and should be prosecuted.
Linkat

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 01:23 pm
@parados,
Yep - I wouldn't doubt it - we are not privy to what goes on - I am sure there are lots of stuff going on that isn't pretty - it may not be waterboarding perhaps, but maybe something else - maybe something even worse.

I think it would be very naive to think there was no torture involved.
failures art

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 02:33 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Linkat wrote:

If they were than a lot of people were lying to Congress and should be prosecuted.

Yep. So until a person steps forward to confess to perjury, waterboarding gets zero credit.

A
R
T