BIN LADEN is DEAD!!!!

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 09:37 am
So far my view of this whole situation has gotten me nothing but anger from others. But, and I am being quite serious here, I don't get it. I remember how people felt when the Muslim countries were rejoicing about the Twin Towers. I remember how people kept saying they were nothing but godless heathens that didn't care about anyone, because they were rejoicing at the deaths of others.

Could someone please tell me what makes us any different if we are rejoicing as they did? Please don't get me wrong. I am not defending anything the man did but how can those that are rejoicing explain how they are not being hypocritical or just as the Muslims were when the Towers came down?
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 09:41 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

So far my view of this whole situation has gotten me nothing but anger from others. But, and I am being quite serious here, I don't get it. I remember how people felt when the Muslim countries were rejoicing about the Twin Towers. I remember how people kept saying they were nothing but godless heathens that didn't care about anyone, because they were rejoicing at the deaths of others.

Could someone please tell me what makes us any different if we are rejoicing as they did? Please don't get me wrong. I am not defending anything the man did but how can those that are rejoicing explain how they are not being hypocritical or just as the Muslims were when the Towers came down?

Maybe because Obama is taking credit for it.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 09:50 am
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

Bin Laden raid years in the making, minutes in execution

Interesting that the compound was not in the caves and the hills, but inside a suburban city close to Islamabad.

It's called hiding in plain sight.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 10:01 am
@Arella Mae,
Your right. It is hypocritical. I am appaled at things like collage kids breaking beer bottles on the street and cheering. He deserved to die but cheering the fact of his death is wrong.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 10:04 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I am appaled at things like collage kids breaking beer bottles on the street and cheering.

These are the same kids that voted Obama into office.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 10:39 am
BIN LADEN being dead is a good start
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 10:46 am

Thanks to George W. Bush, the information that led to this hiding place came from prisoner interrogations at Guantanamo Bay.

revelette

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 11:09 am
@Arella Mae,
I was asleep when my husband woke me and told me they killed Bin Laden, I have to admit that my first reaction was gut reaction and I was glad. What that says about me, I don't know. I see your point though about cheering for the death of someone.

Also we have to be careful and not go overboard with self congratulations, one reason is that other branch offs of AQ are still in operation and another reason, we don't want to unnecessarily antagonize Muslims who have been turning away from AQ. I hope the story don't last long.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 11:15 am
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

What that says about me, I don't know.

It says you are an American.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 11:19 am

Water boarding pays huge dividends.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 11:33 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Thanks to George W. Bush, the information that led to this hiding place came from prisoner interrogations at Guantanamo Bay.

I don't think we know that yet.

Quote:
“This was a no kidding, CIA and military operation,” said the U.S. official.

“The raid was the culmination of intense and tireless effort on the part of many dedicated agency officers over many years,” Panetta said in a message to CIA employees. “Our men and women designed highly complex, innovative, and forward-leaning clandestine operations that led us to bin Laden. One operation would yield intelligence that was carefully analyzed and then used to drive further operations.

The compound was uncovered after years of effort in which the CIA gathered leads on individuals in bin Laden's inner circle, including his couriers. Some of their names were provided by al Qaida members captured by the U.S.

"One courier in particular had our constant attention," said a second senior administration official, who declined to release his name, but described him as a "protege" of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the alleged architect of the 9/11 attacks who was captured in Pakistan in March 2003 and is in U.S. custody at Guantanamo.

The CIA positively identified the courier four years ago and two years ago identified areas of Pakistan where the courier and his brother were operating. But because they employed such tight operations security, the agency was unable to pinpoint their residence until last August.

The captured al Qaida members only knew the courier's nom de guerre, but they told U.S. intelligence officers that he was "one of the few . . . trusted by bin Laden," and that the pair might be living together, he continued.

The courier and his brother were tracked to a massive, palatial compound built in 2005 at the end of a dirt road in an isolated and "affluent" suburb of Abbottabad favored by retired Pakistani military officers, said the second senior administration official, who added that it was believed that the residence was constructed specifically for bin Laden.

"We were shocked by what we saw," he said, describing the compound as being eight times larger than any of the area's other homes, surrounded by 12- to 18-foot walls topped by barbed wire. Different sections of the structure were walled off from each other.

The "extraordinary security measures" also included two electrified security gates. Trash was burned before being taken out for disposal, he said.

The compound was built at a cost of $1 million — a great deal for a residence in impoverished Pakistan — yet it had no telephone or Internet connections, and the third floor was surrounded by a "seven-foot privacy wall" for its occupants.

The courier and his brother, meanwhile, "had no explainable source of income," said the second administration official, who added that "we soon learned that more people were living at the compound" than just the two men and their families.

CIA analysts, working with the eavesdroppers of the National Security Agency and experts at the U.S. Geospatial Intelligence Agency, which analyzes satellite imagery, concluded "with strong probability" that a third family — bin Laden, his youngest wife and several family members — also were living there, he said.

The compound's massive security, its isolated location and its size "was consistent with what our experts had expected bin Laden's hideout would look like," he continued. "No other candidate fit the bill as well as bin Laden did."

Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/05/02/113479/bin-laden-raid-years-in-the-making.html#ixzz1LDiPFn00

Apparently the courier who was of such interest was "protege" of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the alleged architect of the 9/11 attacks who was captured in Pakistan in March 2003 and is in U.S. custody at Guantanamo.

From what I can tell, the only thing the captured prisoners (as in plural) knew were the alias of the courier and that the courier were one of the few who were trusted by Bin Laden. It does not say where they were kept in prison and at what point they were captured.

It was four years ago that they positively identified the courier. It was two years ago that they knew where the courier and his brother were operating because they were tracked. They were not able to pinpoint their residence until last august.

I was wondering how the right shrills were going to spin this.

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 11:35 am
@revelette,
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/46/Sealteam-6scannedpatch.jpg/150px-Sealteam-6scannedpatch.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e6/DEVGRUFINALLOGOsml_copy.jpg/150px-DEVGRUFINALLOGOsml_copy.jpg
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 11:36 am
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

Quote:

I don't think we know that yet.

Sure we do...it's Mission Accomplished 8 years later to the day no matter how the irrational left spins it.
farmerman

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 12:30 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
it's Mission Accomplished 8 years later to the day no matter how the irrational left spins it.
I dont know but obama has had to deal with the collapse of the economy AND getting OBL.

Pretty good results for 2 years in. ALmost all of GWB's failings have been patched up. All we have to do is bring the stock market back to where it was before GWB put his tracks on it.

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 12:51 pm
@H2O MAN,
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/dear-republicans.jpg
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 02:03 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

You are right- the word I am looking for is ENTHRALLED. Very Happy

I take it back- I am THRILLED and ESTATIC.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 02:10 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
I hope that there are a heap of great Osama jokes. EVeryone is taking this like 9/11 was a trifle?

Its times like this that Id wish that there really were a hell and this guy would be on the fast track to the deepest level reserved for evil popes.

A trifle, was 9-11 a trifle? Measured on the historical scale it only just comes even with Bush's illegal invasion of Panama. But you're not really into accurate comparisons, are you? You're not really interested in any real truth.

Where would that put Reagan for Nicaragua, Bush Jr for Iraq & Afghanistan, Eisenhower for Guatemala, Johnson, Kennedy, Nixon for Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Nixon & Kissinger for Chile, Indonesia.

That doesn't even begin to address the huge supporting staff of war criminals/mass murderers/experts on torture, rape that were/are being paid with your tax dollars.

The list is just too damn long to type out but your hypocrisy is stunning, absolutely ******* stunning!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 02:13 pm
@revelette,
Quote:
Interesting that the compound was not in the caves and the hills,

Do you mean that huge complex in the mountains of Afghanistan that Rumsfeld warned all you highly gullible Americans about years ago to try to frighten you into allowing the invasion and murder of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and Afghans?

It was too damp so OBL moved to a dryer climate.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 02:16 pm
@H2O MAN,
What was with those college students cheering outside the White House?
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 02:37 pm
How did the US troops know Bin Laden was in the compound he was hiding in? How did the gov't get ahold of his DNA to determine it was him?