edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:17 pm
To the people with the creative tags: **** you
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
I had an AMish neighbor who went to Mexico somehwere for a "Laetril and enzyme treatment" for his cancer. He too was doing ok until he died of a heart attack in the clinic.
I wonder wheter this isnt just a plot to kill off the stage 4 cases by some disease other than cancer?

I was never a fan of laetril, it has never been shown to be effective. Its only prussic acid diluted with ethanol , made from peach pits and apricot pits.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:41 pm
@farmerman,
There are hundreds of people that would argue with you.
http://www.apricotsfromgod.info/mystory.html
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
I am eating apricot kernels and they are helping me a lot.
farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:46 pm
@edgarblythe,
Prussic acid isnt concentrated in that form. The problem with the laetrile is that all the sugars and enzymes surround the prussic acid and the whole molecule is oxidized around it and the CN is left and it can cause a hwart attack because cyanide accretes to oxygenated RBC's

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c9/Amygdalin-from-xtal-3D-balls.png/800px-Amygdalin-from-xtal-3D-balls.png

The red and whites are Oxgen and Hydrogen (an OH is an Alcohol symbol). The benzene ring is cleaved and is gone

The BLUE and Black is the Cyanide , depending on the concentration and dosage of laetrile, it could be Toxic . When my neighbor died of a heart attack, my toxicologist looked into the data available from the Amish council (they kwpt some records of the various members who went to Mexican clinics, took laetrile and died of something other than cancer (My tox guy believed that these were all hypoxic induced coronaries, (but could not prove anything from these records as the only data). ANything AMish is always looked on a s suspect because of theior beliefs in folk medicines until its too late.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:04 pm
There are plenty of people taking the laetril and doing quite well. The web site I linked has plenty of testimonials. A person I knew was getting standard treatments for cancer. The doc took his sister to the side: "This is strictly under the table, but, if he survives the radiation, get him to start eating apricot seeds." He did not eat the seeds. He did die shortly afterward. I personally eat 45 of the bitterest seeds available, daily.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:20 pm
What I find amusing is, people putting down the alternatives are taking all kinds of prescription meds. I take many alternative products (for 19 years) and never even get colds or flue. I have not seen a doctor in so many years, I can't recall when or for what. At age 68, I worked nine hours today, a strenuous job, and, instead of collapsing in bed, here I am at the computer.
farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yes but youre not taking a pure form of the molecule. There are a lot of other organics and nutrients in a peach pit. In order to get a laetril dose youd have to eat probably a few hundred of the things. Freezing often concentrates the prussic acid so, never put the seeds in a freezer.

ANYWAY, the fact that people are "thriving"on laetrile doesnt mean its curing them or hurting them either . Im not aware of any clinical tests of laetrile that have shown it to work, and in fact , some statistics from the Amish Assistance Committees have shown that it may actually be toxic (as my own company toc=xicologist was uncovering) .

We havent probed the placebo effects in diseases like cancer and latest holistic treatments look at DNA level chemo, ultra uktrafine point radiation of very specific spectra and intensity, AND they focus on nutrition as part of it (Niacin, D3,etc). Holistic medicine seems to be like "integrated pest management" where we dont just nuke bugs with some poison du jour, we look at cycling oesticides and in between we use pheromones and sterilizing agents etc. We learned our lessons with DDT and I think weve seen many cancer treatements that are fakes and some that show promise. Medicine is taking a really fine knife to cancer these days. I wish my dad was still alive when they came up with colonoscopy or my mom . Im a product of the SUPER olon cancer genes and Ive started routine colonoscopy whenever my health insurance allows.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
What I dont find amusing is that weve developed these many screening tools that can catch things like Prostate or Colon cancer or even blood enzymes for brain tumors and lung cancer . The survival rate for a pre cancerous polyp removal is almost 100% . MAny cancers , detected early, can be treated. When they get advanced, only heroic means may work, and by heroic I dont mean cyanide surrounded by alcohols.

ANyway, noone has denied that good nutrition isnt helpful. But nutrition acquired by a healkthy diet and not some of these super doses of vitamins and minerals.
Sometimes I think that Dr Oz has a business of hawking vitamins and some of these wacky compounds that are "Super dietary".

My wife watches him and, while he gives good basic advice on peventive medicine, he gets into pushing some medicines ahich are almost "folky"
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 06:04 am
I don't have personal experience with laetril itself, other than to know there are thousands of people worldwide taking it and many claim they are cured and doing well. Jason Vale said that in his experience, the seeds alone can often work as well or better than laetril. I don't know if you read his story. He is an arm wrestling champion. I don't know if he still holds any titles. His cancer returned three times, but, 27 years ago, he beat terminal cancer with no treatment other than the seeds. He tried to share his story and results with as many people as possible, so the government put him in prison for five years. He is back to doing the same thing.

I find it bitterly ironic that orthodox medical treatment kills thousands of Americans each year with not much more than a public murmur. Not to mention they put out these fantastically high priced drugs designed in the main to control symptoms, to be taken the rest of your life, instead of developing more cures. The same docile public sounds like a lynch mob from a grade B western when a terminal cancer patient, after getting savaged by chemo, radiation and surgery, opts to spend their remaining time seeking actual help. When any of them dies, nobody blames the orthodox treatment that led them to this predicament. They instead say, "Them shysters in Mexico! Get a rope!"

My friend that was cured in a Mexican clinic did not go the laetril route. One of her primary treatments was shark cartilage. I forget which of the top two brands of the time she used. Perhaps Benefin. THe makers of these two brands did something to their product that made it work. The shark cartilage made by other brands and sold in drug and grocery stores was totally useless. The FDA allowed the non working brands to be sold, but put the two good ones out of business. As I said, she has been cured for about 15 years.

To me, the cancer researchers would like to find a cure for cancer. But only one they can patent and thereby gain trillions of dollars for the effort. They don't intend to accept any low cost cures. In the meantime, keep those big donations pouring in. They are not much closer than when they started, what, 60 years ago? Sure, if they catch it in the earliest stages they are having success, but that's about it, for most cancers.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 06:53 am
Another thing that makes streaks in my squeegee is the way many people will get on the soap box to say of women: "It's her body, her choice." Speaking mainly of abortion, here. But, these same people openly applaud the government's attempt to keep me from making my own choice. Why? I don't try to step in if you try to combat your super bugs (for instance) with increasingly ineffective antibiotics and the like, when MMS and colloidal silver stops them in their squigglies. It's your body, your choice.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 07:12 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Sure, if they catch it in the earliest stages they are having success, but that's about it, for most cancers.
Well, we agree to disagree. The survival rates of several cancers has gone fom (1005 mortality ) to 80% cure, (stuff like leukemia , and certain childhood cancers).

I think that dissing the medical reserach "industry" in favor of stuff that has severeal levels of real toxicity, is foolhardy. Many of these folky treatments involve "off the record" statistics, where the rel mortality rates are just hushed because the "clinic" hawking the stuff only report skewed stats. Cancer is a complex disease mmade up of genetic signatures and genetic "Switches". No peach pit clininc has been responsible for these facts. Our overall cure rate has incresed in most cancers and the ones that arent (like lung or pancreatic) are being tracked to the point where pre symptomatic or pre tumor genetics will alter the outcomes.

I respect your views , your a good guy Edgar, I just dont agree with you at all in this.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 07:22 am
One reason alternative patients who might otherwise survive die is that they treat themselves and are subject to errors in judgement. That is not an indictment of alternatives, but a reflection of disinformation programs and incomplete knowledge of the process they wish to attempt. The government will not allow people who know what they are doing to work from clinics, so they can monitor and advise. My body, but not my choice.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 07:26 am
One example of alternative misuse is the Breuss fast. There is a whole program that goes with that, and it is only successful for a light percentage of people. Thousands of people do the fast without even hearing about the rest of the program, so they are doomed to failure before they even start.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 07:29 am
@farmerman,
There's no toxicity to chemo?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 07:31 am
The doctor told my brother: You have about a year to live. Then they put him through one chemo after the other, knowing he was doomed, not really concerned. He told me: If I had known then what I know now, I would not have accepted their treatment.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 04:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

There's no toxicity to chemo?

wikipedia
The first use of drugs to treat cancer, however, was in the early 20th century, although it was not originally intended for that purpose. Mustard gas was used as a chemical warfare agent during World War I and was studied further during World War II. During a military operation in World War II, a group of people were accidentally exposed to mustard gas and were later found to have very low white blood cell counts.[2] It was reasoned that an agent that damaged the rapidly growing white blood cells might have a similar effect on cancer. Therefore, in the 1940s, several patients with advanced lymphomas (cancers of certain white blood cells) were given the drug by vein, rather than by breathing the irritating gas. Their improvement, although temporary, was remarkable
farmerman

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 06:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
chemo, as any med, has developed with sciences understanding of how cancer runs. Chemo used to be a shotgun aimed by a hope that it MAY do something to the tumors. Many chemos have been abandoned because they either dont work or the side effects make them unacceptable. Todays chemo are often developed from a "designer basis" where the patients own genome is used to help the targeting.

Many chemos that were popular (like the mustard gas) sre no longer used. However, these "clinics" in Mexico , keep pushing laetrile even though the active ingredients are known to be toxic.

The argument about toxicity of chemo is sadly true, but I dont know of chemos that stand the scrutiny opf use and statistics like laetrile.

PS, Ive not put any of those idiotic tags over your thread title. Id rather have an argument that doesnt turn into name calling.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 06:12 pm
Chemo did not help my brother one bit. They could not help knowing it. But they continued until he was near death. I don't care how you look at it, chemo is not the answer in thousands of cases where it is the only treatment they will offer. There are times I agree it is called for, but but there are other times the seeds work a lot better.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 10:21 pm
"Chemo used to be a shotgun aimed by a hope that it MAY do something to the tumors." - quote from fm

It is, still.