What'd ya do if you won the lottery's million dollars?

TwistedFerret

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 03:38 pm
I don't get it.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 04:55 am
F must not be a farmer.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 05:10 am
Re: What'd ya do if you won the lottery's million dollars?
nimh wrote:
In the category cliche questions thats been asked a zillion times before ... :wink:

I'm just getting to it cause I just looked at the daily SBS6 poll - they picked this question for today, and the results totally confirm the image of the Dutch as sensible to the point of being insanely boring.

55% said they'd put it in the bank, 41% would buy a house, 41% would give part to their family, 32% would buy a car.

Just 28% would give part to a good cause, 16% would make a world voyage, 14% would give a big party and 8% would "buy luxurious stuff, like jewels, expensive clothes etc."

Personally, I'd do it all Razz

(Well, minus the car perhaps. Cant drive, dont need one.)

Another thing that struck me - they asked, "who would be allowed to know", and all of 12% said, "noone", and another 23%, "just my family". So, one out of three Dutchmen would tell neither friends nor colleagues. Shocked

Oh, I won 20 euro btw. Almost as much as the lottery ticket cost (heh)

It sounds to me as if they had to choose just one category for what to do with the money - like you, I suspect most of us would do it all. I think I'd deal with it in those proportions (55% in the bank, 28% to a good cause etc.) except that it comes to more than 100%! But that kind of split.

There are unpleasant stories of the hounding of lottery millionaires by conmen, needy people, crazy inventors wanting sponsorship, jealous relatives etc. Seems like a good idea for keeping it quiet! Unless you are giving it all to charity of course.
0 Replies