Why Women Stay in Abusive Relationships

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 02:44 pm
@lockeWiggins,
Quote:
is it accurate to say you have swapped sides.
As you read the rape thread you will see where Firefly repeatedly lies about her position,uses Bill Clinton style manipulation of language, and misrepresents the facts. For her it is all about the shortest distance to winning the argument, everything else is disposable.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 02:46 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
I said already before, I have never encountered situations like he describes, nor have any of the people I know.
You have no knowledge of what goes on behind other peoples closed doors. The fact that you are so sure that you do marks you as a fool.

If it means to not be put in the same boat as you, I am gladly a fool.

My world and your world will never meet, so there is no point to either
explain it nor make you understand. Your way of thinking is so far removed from the norm, I don't even want to go down that road, nor do I want to
give you a platform to your twisted thought process. I am out of here!
firefly

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 02:48 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I dont want to see people punished criminally for not agreeing with the collective's values

Sorry, Hawkeye, you cannot legally beat your wife, or your children, regardless of whether or not you agree with "the collective".

And, if you cheat on your tax return, because you don't agree with the government about taxation, the Feds will come after you about that too.

In an organized society, there are rules you have to play by. The government does have the right to "subjugate" you in order to insure the general welfare. Laws do represent the society's moral values. Transgress, and you will find out you do not have unlimited "individual rights"--that is the price you pay in order to be protected by the state, even if you're not asking for their protection.

It is clear you just want to do your usual rant and have no intention of discussing the topic of this thread. In your own way, you are just like JGoldman10--and just as predictable.
lockeWiggins

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 02:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
call me crazy its just that I see the thought that its ok for men to be discriminated against as a contradiction to the idea that woman shouldnt be discriminated against. I dont see how a stable mind can combine the two, Unless however your a sexist in which I believe that some of these people are. and the worst part is they dont even realize that its sexist
ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 02:50 pm
@firefly,
Thanks, firefly. I won't take it as a viral marketing thing then..
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 02:51 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
Your way of thinking is so far removed from the norm, I don't even want to go down that road, nor do I want to
give you a platform to your twisted thought process. I am out of here!
Suit yourself, but what you do and what I do has no effect on the facts and the data, which as you know damn well I go to over and over again to support my position. Your distaste for reality would be fine if it where not so strong that it kept you from dealing with it.....which it does.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 02:54 pm
@lockeWiggins,
Quote:
, Unless however your a sexist in which I believe that some of these people are. and the worst part is they dont even realize that its sexist
Firefly very clearly knows that she is dishonestly trying to power over, but many are not bright enough to understand the game that is being played. They are imbecile pawns.
lockeWiggins

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 02:54 pm
@firefly,
why is it that all too often people in forums such as this confuse the way things are and the way things should be... the way things are is fact and I cant debate that. we all know how things are, but just because they are that way doesnt meant that it is right that they are that way. I am telling you that the way things are is wrong. coming back with well this is the way things are makes for a weak case
0 Replies

lockeWiggins

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 02:59 pm
@hawkeye10,
well it will take time but like many things born of flawed ideals that are so popular as of now will fill itself with holes as more and more outrageous examples come forward, then it will be replaced with a more realistic aproach. I just hope these lies dont hold up as long as the bible has
firefly

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 03:03 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Leave it to you to completely ignore that relationship conflict shares almost no similarities to random acts of violence

If a woman is so badly beaten that she winds up in a coma, is there a substantial difference whether the beating was done by her male partner or a stranger? The same laws, prohibiting assault, apply in either instance.

Grow up. We aren't talking about "relationship conflict", we are talking about domestic violence/abuse. That's not just "conflict", that's not something abstract, that's actual behavior--actual acts of violence perpetrated by one person upon another.

You are too narrow minded to address the topic of this thread. You really do resent topics devoted to women, but you are apparently too cowardly to post your own threads to address the same issues as they pertain to men. If you want to continue your paranoid ranting about your imaginary "feminists", go right ahead. Just like JGoldman10, you need attention and a platform to rant. And you are just as paranoid as he is. And both of you are quite boring.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 03:05 pm
@lockeWiggins,
Quote:
I just hope these lies dont hold up as long as the bible has
The lies are found out at the very latest when the remedies pegged to those lies are proven not to work. At that point the proponents claim that they are right, but the problem is worse than the thought so we need stronger medicine. In the case of the feminists it means that they claim that men need to be run over with more vigor. after enough money and effort have been expended to no effect, after enough freedom has been taken away to no effect, people will wise up that they have been lied to by pro manipulators, and they they were suckers. I am optimistic that we are near that point now.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 03:11 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Grow up. We aren't talking about "relationship conflict", we are talking about domestic violence/abuse. That's not just "conflict", that's not something abstract, that's actual behavior--actual acts of violence perpetrated by one person upon another.
More of your word games, you use the words violence and abuse because they assume that one party is guilty of something and the other is innocent, with relationship conflict we know that almost always both parties have been driving the dynamic so your assumptions are absurd. We see with the repurposing of the word rape and here how you use language to drive your political agenda.
lockeWiggins

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 03:12 pm
@firefly,
your speaking about not staying true to the nature of the post. well this post is a question about the mindset of woman who stay and sometimes pursue abusive relationships. Since this has nothing to do with the legal implications of the subject do we disregard all of your post so far?
firefly

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 03:19 pm
@hawkeye10,
I now think of you as JGoldman10, Sr.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 03:20 pm
@lockeWiggins,
I have addressed the topic of this thread. Go back and read all of my posts.
lockeWiggins

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 03:23 pm
@firefly,
your first post attacked hawks post and since then every post you have had over 4 lines has had the word government or similar in it
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 03:24 pm
@lockeWiggins,
Quote:
well this post is a question about the mindset of woman who stay and sometimes pursue abusive relationships. Since this has nothing to do with the legal implications of the subject do we disregard all of your post so far?
When assertions are made about the proper approach to abuse under the heading "why women stay in Abusive Relationship" the first order of business is to decide what abuse is, which has been the major subject of my posts. As per usual Fireflies assertions, upon closer inspection, turn out to be attempts at manipulation of the outcome, not honest evaluations.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 03:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Wrong, the laws are to protect our RIGHTS, which include the right to organize our lives and relationships as we see fit, and to maintain a set of beliefs of our own choosing. Also, I have THE RIGHT to try to get what I want out of life and to try to get my wife to conform to my desires, just as she has the right to do likewise. You and your kind are trying to criminalize this normal human excercize of power. Sometimes I will win, sometimes my wife wins, but it is not the governments place to decide the winner, it is not the governments right to criminalize the conflict, it is not the governments right to determine for us what our morals and beliefs should be.

Are you suggesting that you have the RIGHT to smack your wife and kids around? The RIGHT to maim and kill her? Is that what you're really saying?
Mame

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 03:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

More of your word games, you use the words violence and abuse because they assume that one party is guilty of something and the other is innocent, with relationship conflict we know that almost always both parties have been driving the dynamic so your assumptions are absurd. We see with the repurposing of the word rape and here how you use language to drive your political agenda.
[/quote]

Right, so if a man says to his wife, "Did you pick up my paycheck?" and she says, "No, the car broke down." and then he gets in a rage and bashes her face, how is she guilty of anything except being married to a thug and a moron?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 03:34 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
Are you suggesting that you have the RIGHT to smack your wife and kids around?
Kids not so much, but I do have the right to take the belt to them if I think they need it, which I did a total of one time. My wife yes, as she has the right to smack me, as she has the right to leave. I do not believe in the position the hurtful physical contact is always a bad thing, I certainly do not agree with the position that the government has the right to regulate this human bahavour , nor that the law is the right way to attempt to do so. I am of Eastern Bent as you know, the Kama Sutra has meaning to me, to include the teachings that blows and other such physical contact have a proper role in good relationship and good sex. I don't understand or wish to be one of you people who are always trying to sanitize life.
0 Replies