Poem about Drug?

Kim Thomas

Sat 10 Mar, 2007 03:53 pm
The Creed
Hello, it's interesting that ppl are still reading and remembering this poem. I had it hanging in my room back in 1974 in the form of a blacklight poster with the Grim Reaper floating up and over the poem it's self. The title on the poser was The Creed. It was an amazing and powerful poem even back then and I have looked for many years to find a copy of the poster I had. I don't remember any more then the opening to it, but although what's been sent to you is mostly right ppl have changed it slightly over time. The opening paraghraph reads.

So now little man you've grown tired of grass, LSD, cocain, and hash, and someone pretending to be a true friend, said "I'll introduce you to Ms. Heroin".

That's all I remember well except the last line was "And then you will be mine till death do us part!" If you find anyone who really has information about where to find the original writing, please let me know. I have looked for years now to find a copy of that poster, since it made such an inpact on me as a teenager.

Thank you,
ciao
Leanneali

Wed 7 Nov, 2007 07:45 pm
I would set the record staight about this poem "it was written by a high school girl in 1988. She was NOT a user. So can u all please stop saying that they done it or that they were a user as i have the evidence of a letter that was written to this certain person from the girl who wrote the poem and it was actually titled "Take me in your arms" so people have just been taking the credit for it and also adding bits on to it or taking bits of it but i can assure you the it was written by a High school girl in 1988.

thank you
L
JaySan

Thu 20 Dec, 2007 09:14 am
This poem isnt written about a london detective or a school girl or any of yer horror storys av been hearin it was written by a heroine addict in Barlinney jail in Glasgow. It was originally called Miss Heroine. The guy who wrote it had been a heroine addict for about 40 years and died in jail. This poem was found in his cell and then released for school books that you get in R.E and stuff. I hav seen the originall copy trust me think a school girl could realy understand the chills and thrills of heroine especially is she isnt a user? if you really want a copy tht bad go to barlinney jail am sure they will have a copy or ask about Gasgow its not hard to get one here

Wink
0 Replies

lisa4bz

Tue 22 Jan, 2008 02:11 pm
Miss Heroin
L,
I beg to differ. You said this poem was written by a little girl in 1988, that is impossible. I had the poem on a poster (like others that have posted here) on the wall in my basement. The poster hung there at least 10 years before 1988. So the little girl must have copied it.
0 Replies

speedpoint

Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:05 am
I have the newspaper article from 1971 "Miss Herion&quo
I have the original newspaper article from 1971 with the artwork. The author was unknown then and is still unknown. The artwork with the poem suggests that it very well could be a convict that wrote the poem because it is very similar to con-art of the 1970's. I will email you a copy if you want it, I just wanted to set the record straight. This is the earliest published version of this poem I have ever found, My wife clipped the article from a military newspaper in 1971.
[email protected]
ragss

Sun 4 Jan, 2009 02:16 pm
@Kim Thomas,
I remember the same poster in 1978 at a persons home and it was also very powerful to me. I wish I would have never found out years later how true it was.

rags
0 Replies

TKC

Wed 4 Mar, 2009 08:08 pm
@angliz0801,
My mother made a photocopy of this poem in our local newspaper I think in the 70's. It was reported that a local man (last name Elfeson) wrote it. It was found in his jail cell the day after he hanged himself in Rockford, Illinois. I am looking for the exact month date of his death.
0 Replies

ladybug60

Sat 16 May, 2009 02:02 pm
@angliz0801,
my grandmother gave me that poem back in the 7o's I was looking for it myself to give to my daughter for a school project but can't find it. I had it written down and misplaced it. There is such a poem I had that it was an anonomys author so I don't know where to find it either
0 Replies

mscarcelli08

Sun 20 Sep, 2009 09:45 pm
@Letty,
This poem: My Heroin(e), copyrighted to Michael Scarcelli: 09/20/2009. License to use for educational purposes only - Do not copy or distribute. Author retains all rights. It is a love poem written to a heroine addict, by a non-addict, with hope she can get clean.

I am beginning to want you, before I even know you.
I am wanting to save you, before I can hold you.

And I am mad, which for both of us is true;
But my addiction is not brown or white - it is you.

For you express your distress, with artistic disdain;
And you so eloquently allude to your tumultuous pain.

But still, you make me nervous and weary of your plays,
for I am not ignorant of the street corner’s ways.

And I am cautious and slow, experienced enough to know,
that the tiger will always kill, for only blood can satisfy its fill.

But I am not a lamb to be sacrificed;
just a man who found his way from a life of vice.

And now that our lives have crossed, mixed-up and lost,
we are found, in these northern, cold-wintered towns.

What could it mean, this life, this dream?
Could that which is broken, ever mend?
Or will seeking out the familiar fix always be the end?

And I could let go, like the river and flow.
My mind a stream, wandering with gleam.

But I could stay; together we may,
make sense of it all, and forever, we fall.

0 Replies

daleb55

Tue 24 Nov, 2009 05:45 pm
@speedpoint,
I would love you to e-mail me a copy of this poem. I read this poem at the wake of a friend who died from herion in 1972. My e-mail address is [email protected] Thank You
0 Replies

nicolawebster7

Sun 13 Dec, 2009 09:13 am
@angliz0801,
this poem is my an unknown prisioner who wrote it whilst in prison no one knows the author
0 Replies

poemtrakkker

Sun 17 Jan, 2010 01:15 am
@angliz0801,
- Golden Shoes & Diamonds Too -

I lost my way, far away from home.
My shoes I made from the gold I never owned.
Still I walked like the righteous man, alone?
All alone in shoes with no soles.
The bottoms of my feet just blood and bones.
And where I have gone?
To some carnival of shame, where fires burn away every letter of your name.
I look back and all I can see are golden footprints upon the ruination of every thing that ever
spoke of me.
My diamonds in hand, within a pill bottle they rattle. Marching away towards nothing that matters.
I shine and I glitter,
all the way to Hell,
where my end will be bitter,
under this spell.

By: Gerard Haughey

this poem is about opiate addiction and years wasted with doctors, lawyers, disability denials.. **** happens everyday.. ******* ms. regan was prob right just say no.. eh.. life is about choices..
0 Replies

verna1

Sun 9 May, 2010 08:41 pm
@speedpoint,
could you post it so i can retreive it . I really would like to hear it again. Thank you!!!!!!!
0 Replies

onelove0690

Wed 13 Oct, 2010 09:02 am
@angliz0801,
HI THAT MISS HERION POEM ENDS LIKE. THAT. THAT IS THE WHOLE POEM.
0 Replies

wayne walz

Wed 19 Jan, 2011 11:40 pm
Came out in the early 70,s, author anonymos. back then it started like:So now little man youve grown tired of grass, acid cocaine uppers and hash. And somone pretending to be your true friend said, let me introduce you to Miss Heroin. I read this in the Army Times while in Korea (72-73). 2nd If Div.
0 Replies

dannyworley

Thu 3 Feb, 2011 12:06 pm
@angliz0801,
i used to have the poster , it came with a reaper on it and it resonates in my memory ! maybe google images?
0 Replies

dichihuahua

Mon 28 Feb, 2011 09:09 pm
@angliz0801,
Take Me in Your Arms (Miss Heroin)by Dichihuahua Lovin' All Chi's on Thursday, February 3, 2011 at 6:19pm

<span>Take Me in Your Arms</span>

<span>

(Miss Heroin)

</span>

<span>
So now, little man, you've grown tired of grass

LSD, goofballs, cocaine and hash,

and someone, pretending to be a true friend,

said, "I'll introduce you to Miss Heroin."</span><span>
Well honey, before you start fooling with me,

just let me inform you of how it will be.</span><span>
For I will seduce you and make you my slave,

I've sent men much stronger than you to their graves.

You think you could never become a disgrace,

and end up addicted to Poppy seed waste.</span><span>
So you'll start inhaling me one afternoon,

you'll take me into your arms very soon.

And once I've entered deep down in your veins,

The craving will nearly drive you insane.</span><span>
You'll swindle your mother and just for a buck.

You'll turn into something vile and corrupt.

You'll mug and you'll steal for my narcotic charm,

and feel contentment when I'm in your arms.</span><span>
The day, when you realize the monster you've grown,

you'll solemnly swear to leave me alone.

If you think you've got that mystical knack,

then sweetie, just try getting me off your back.</span><span>
The vomit, the cramps, your gut tied in knots.

The jangling nerves screaming for one more shot.

The hot chills and cold sweats, withdrawal pains,

can only be saved by my little white grains.</span><span>
There's no other way, and there's no need to look,

for deep down inside you know you are hooked.

You'll desperately run to the pushers and then,

you'll welcome me back to your arms once again.</span><span>And you will return just as I foretold!
I know that you'll give me your body and soul.

You'll give up your morals, your conscience, your heart.

And you will be mine until, "Death Do Us Part"

Author Anonymous

I found this on another web site.....found 2 of them on Cocaine too...
0 Replies

compdoc007

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 11:53 am
@angliz0801,
type in your search engine miss heroin poem
0 Replies

bobzedman

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 05:41 pm
@angliz0801,
this is close: honey, before you start foolin with me, let me tell you how it will be.
I shall succeed & make you my slave, those stronger than you have gone to the grave. you think you can never become a disgrace, ending up addicted to poppy seed waste. so you start inhaleing me one afternoon, but into your veins I'll go very soon. and once I've entered your veins the craving for me will drive you insane. you'll beg & you'll steal for narcotic charm. only content when i'm in your arm. you'll sell your body just for a buck and turn into something viel and corrupt. and one day you'll realize the monster you've grown and solemnly swear to leave me alone. if you think you can master the mystical knack, sweetie try getting me off your back. you'll vomit, you'll cramp, you'll tie in a knot jangling, your nerves you'll scream for a shot. the hot chills, the cold sweats, the withdraw pains can only be stopped by little white grains. there's no other way, no need to look, deep down inside... you know your hooked. I warned you ahead, so if you should start, it says in the contract till death do us part. Zed
0 Replies

AbbyBear

Tue 3 May, 2011 08:18 pm
FYI... This a rare poem that Jimmy Hendrix wrote in the 60's as a result of his friend dying from a heroin overdose, called MISS HEROIN. Jimmy rarely wrote poetry, as opposed to his song writing. He never intended it to become a song, it was an ode to his friend. I learnt this in 1975 by my english teacher who came from Boston, who I think at the time was also on drugs. The lines have altered over many years, people putting in their own adaptations, but the 1st line is simple, "So little man, youve grown tired of grass, acid ,cocaine and hash, and someone pretending she is your friend, said Ill introduce you to Miss Heroin... etc etc"
0 Replies