Glenn Beck TV Show to End

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 11:39 am
The official press release:

Quote:
FOX NEWS AND MERCURY RADIO ARTS ANNOUNCE NEW AGREEMENT
(New York, NY) Fox News and Mercury Radio Arts, Glenn Beck’s production company, are proud to announce that they will work together to develop and produce a variety of television projects for air on the Fox News Channel as well as content for other platforms including Fox News’ digital properties. Glenn intends to transition off of his daily program, the third highest rated in all of cable news, later this year.

Roger Ailes, Chairman and CEO of Fox News said, “Glenn Beck is a powerful communicator, a creative entrepreneur and a true success by anybody’s standards. I look forward to continuing to work with him. ”

Glenn Beck said: “I truly believe that America owes a lot to Roger Ailes and Fox News. I cannot repay Roger for the lessons I’ve learned and will continue to learn from him and I look forward to starting this new phase of our partnership.”

Joel Cheatwood, SVP/Development at Fox News, will be joining Mercury Radio Arts effective April 24, 2011. Part of his role as EVP will be to manage the partnership and serve as a liaison with the Fox News Channel.

Roger Ailes said: “Joel is a good friend and one of the most talented and creative executives in the business. Over the past four years I have consistently valued his input and advice and that will not stop as we work with him in his new role.”

“Glenn Beck” is consistently the third highest rated program on cable news.

For the 27 months that “Glenn Beck” has aired on Fox News, the program has averaged more than 2.2 million total viewers and 563,000 viewers 25-54 years old, numbers normally associated with shows airing in primetime, not at 5pm. “Glenn Beck” has dominated all of its cable news competitors since launch.

source

A
Radio but not daily
Television
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 21 • Views: 11,775 • Replies: 141

boomerang

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 11:58 am
@failures art,
GAK.

Here for a second I thought this was going to be good news.

Esquire ran an article on Roger Ailes not long ago, interesting stuff. Long, but worth it: http://www.esquire.com/features/roger-ailes-0211?click=main_sr
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 01:00 pm
@failures art,
Tito, Get Me a Tissue.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 02:35 pm
@failures art,
Beck WANTS to move behind the scenes and Aile's wants to partner with him??!!

This seems to drive a stake through all the theories about Beck, as they all revolved around him being either a stage showman or crazy. Obviously Ailes, a very smart guy, thinks that Beck is a content genius.
farmerman

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 02:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
but hes still bat ****.
spendius

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 03:11 pm
@farmerman,
That's what I thought fm after seeing him rant for a good while. Still-- with you Yanks believing every assertion you hear I daresay he's quite influential. He would be laughed at here.
panzade

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 03:51 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Tito, Get Me a Tissue.

That was funny.
JTT

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 07:16 pm
@failures art,
Quote:
Joel Cheatwood, SVP/Development at Fox News,

Was he required to change his name to join these two groups or did it just fit so well that he was hired on the spot?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 08:34 pm
heard the name
Didnt know the person so I just watched some clips on you tube.
damn. He is boring.

Why is he so popular?
Rockhead

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 08:36 pm
@shewolfnm,
he's the head hater...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 08:40 pm
but

he is not even interesting to listen to . he is just another paid antagonist. Just like that other dude Ann Coultier or what ever the last name was
failures art

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 08:43 pm
@shewolfnm,
I see what you did thar.

A
R
T
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 08:56 pm

A
R
T
thack45

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 09:07 pm
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

Why is he so popular?
It's been a few years since I've heard him but he had this whole "compassionate conservative" angle with alot more god talk than his cohorts. I always thought of him as a bleeding heart conservative. Some people just eat that **** up.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 05:15 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Quote:
Tito, Get Me a Tissue.

That was funny.

I thought so and I also thought more people would get it.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 05:59 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Quote:
Tito, Get Me a Tissue.

That was funny.

Eddie Murphy gets credit for the line. I'm sure the routine is in on YouTube.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 06:06 am
@thack45,
He also plays The Apocalypse card. His schtick appeals to The Backyard Bunker, Keep Your Guns Loaded and Stock Up On Canned Food crowd. In other words: scared white men. His fans are the same people who were shivering in their combat boots for the Y2K collapse that never happened. It's an easy mentality to pull the strings on. Just tell them what they want to hear and Beck is a master of that.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 06:07 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

panzade wrote:

Quote:
Tito, Get Me a Tissue.

That was funny.

Eddie Murphy gets credit for the line. I'm sure the routine is in on YouTube.

I saw Eddie perform the bit live in Miami long ago and he was spoofing the late MJ.
farmerman

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 08:12 am
@H2O MAN,
Turns out that the root cause of the dump of GB is that the sponsors had reacted negatively and pulled their commercials after GB made his "Obama hates white people" announcem,ent. Hes been a nutcase all along and hes now probably heading back to some kind of rehab.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 08:44 am
@farmerman,
One can only hope he can be cured. But I doubt it.
0 Replies