Can I get my mom on child neglect?

MorganBieber

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 02:00 pm
@Cara Mia,
All my life my mom has never had time for me. She kicked my step dad out 2 weeks ago, so she can't be lonely. She came home today just to leave again, I told her she obviously didn't care about us when she didn't come home for 2 days, she wouldn't even bring my sister diapers for her baby. We had to call a friend that lives an hour away to come and take her to the store. And when she was leaving I asked her if she'd be home tonight and she was like 'Yes and don't give me a damn attitude." and I said 'well you don't care about us if you're gone for two days.' and she slapped me across my face so hard my sisters boyfriend heard it all the way on the other side of the house. And my mom has never hit me like that before.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 02:05 pm
@Cara Mia,
There is more to this, including that the house is being foreclosed for lack of house payment. Read up on some of Morgan's other threads.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 02:19 pm
@MorganBieber,
I agree with Phoenix about contacting a local al-anon group. You can't save your mother unless she wants to be saved, and it sounds like she's not interested. So stop antagonizing her by forcing your good will on her. You are best off trying to save yourself by planning to be independent as soon as you are able. Try and obtain some skills and experience that will make you employable. You will probably have to work and go to college at the same time, so you want to plan for that. Is there another family or adult you like who might take you in. What's the situation with your grandmother? You mention you have a sister, still in diapers, who is her caretaker? How old is your other sister?
MorganBieber

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 04:47 pm
@Green Witch,
No my sister has a baby thats 4 months old. My sister is 19.
Green Witch

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 04:59 pm
@MorganBieber,
Well, don't ever make that mistake.
0 Replies