Wifi Signal problem on my laptop

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 05:32 am
I have had a Toshiba laptop for 18 months and not had a problem with it, but all of a sudden it will not pick up the signal from my router. It finds several signals from my neighbours, but does not find mine. I have two other computers in the house and they find the signal no problem.
When the problem first started, it would pick up the signal if I placed the laptop next to the router, and once found, I could move the laptop anywhere in the house. Then the problem seemed to correct itself for a few weeks, but now the only way I can get connected is via ethernet cable and when I disconnect the cable I loose signal. Can anyone help please?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,847 • Replies: 1
No top replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 06:40 am
@Angel Man,
Made sure that the name SSID of the router is not the same as one of your neighbors routers and if it is change it.

I would try changing the band/channel your router broadcast on.

I would also take the laptop to a hot spot and made sure it will hook up and get on the internet not just see a Wifi signal.

Let see I am assuming you have WPA enable and if so drop it to see if there is a problem in that area however do not leave it off!!!!!!!!
0 Replies