OBVIOUS TROLL

Joe Nation

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 06:18 am
@aidan,
Newsflash: Canada announced this morning that officials there have detected a new, and very large, source of natural gas. They caution however that temperature conditions at the source have caused tremendously uncontrolled eruptions of an, as of now, unexplained nature.
More details as they release them,
Joe(we return you now to your regularly scheduled programs)Nation
aidan

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 06:18 am
@Setanta,
Well, I'd love to stay and entertain some more, but I have to ask a question about peanuts. It's sunny here - hope it is where you are too.
0 Replies

aidan

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 06:20 am
@Joe Nation,
I don't think the source is 'new' Joe - at least not as it's always related to and tried to affect me.
But I appreciate any explanatory input.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Robert Gentel

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 08:24 am
@Butrflynet,
Right now ignoring does not collapse topics that you have voted up (but I think it should and if this thought prevails over other thoughts it will). Responding to a topic you have not voted on will vote it up (but doing so to one that you have voted down will not).

That's all there is to it. If you vote it up it is visible.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 08:28 am
Setanta,

Come on man! This overreaction shtick is not too dissimilar from what you were criticizing.
Robert Gentel

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 08:43 am
@Setanta,
Considering for a moment that your take is accurate, don't you think proportionality would make that a narrative more amenable to consideration?

They may have criticized you but not within the same ballpark of vitriol, I think escalating it that way will make most people see you as the agressor, understatement might have been a better tool than overstatement IMO. I don't think we should expect not to be criticized, but do think we should expect to not be verbally abused as the means for criticism.

Anyway, just my two cents, I know my history with you is such that criticism is likely to be interpreted as an attack as well, and this really isn't what I am intending. Just wish you'd consider less vexatious retorts.
Setanta

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 10:27 am
@Robert Gentel,
No, i don't think you're attacking me. When it comes to Aidan, though, i do interpret it that way, because of the bullshit she's pulled in the past. No one was telling her what to do, but she saw fit to frame it that way, and i sincerely believe that is because of her "history" with me. She was looking for trouble, so i gave it to her. Joe(I'm such a mensch)Nation was pulling his typical mawkish sentimentality, playing the white knight, so he gets no sympathy from me, either. Whether or not anyone else sees me as the aggressor when it comes to that lying bitch Aidan is a matter of indifference to me.
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 10:29 am
I should point out, also, that i avoid that creep Aidan precisely because of her hysterical reactions to what i post. So if she comes looking for it, she'll get it.
Joe Nation

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 11:22 am
@Setanta,
So, I'm.....no, wait......this thread is about not feeding trolls, isn't it?

Joe(blathering hypocritical assaholic-yahsure, dat's me)Nation
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 11:22 am
@Setanta,
as dadpad put it

http://able2know.org/topic/169769-1#post-4551560

really seems to summarize the viewpoint of the op here (though things seem to have derailed somewhere)
djjd62

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 11:37 am
@ehBeth,
true, and there are many ways to ignore anyone here (something i choose not to do), i guess that's why i wonder why people get upset about trolls, a simple ignore, a collapse of the thread, wasn't that the whole point of RG's (and others) work here, to design a site that works for each user, clearing out the noise

i still prefer to scroll past the word games, and rap battles and engage the trolls now and again, but one doesn't have to
Setanta

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 12:30 pm
@djjd62,
Hear, hear . . . i don't use the ignore feature, but i heartily endorse the concept . . .
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 02:07 pm
Setanta wrote:
...goofballs like you...

Setanta wrote:
...you are pretty damned trollish yourself...

Setanta wrote:
I also won't be feeding you, troll...

Setanta wrote:
Another clown heard from...

Setanta wrote:
Typical jackass reply...

Setanta wrote:
Bite me, asshole

Setanta wrote:
Hypocrite...

Setanta wrote:
...an admitted liar like you...

Setanta wrote:
Another hypocritical and phony asshole...

Setanta wrote:
...that lying bitch...

Setanta wrote:
...that creep..

But Setanta also wrote:
We have an obvious troll here, one who starts many, many threads, and then yells at people...

This thread has officially exceeded its irony quotient.
Joe Nation

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 02:49 pm
@joefromchicago,
ppphhhhhttttffft!
0 Replies

JTT

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 03:10 pm
@Setanta,
See what I told you, Beth. But you live with the prick and you know him, right?
0 Replies

JTT

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 03:21 pm
@Setanta,
You either don't know the meaning of troll or hypocrisy, Setanta, or ... you are just so fuckin' thick.
0 Replies

JTT

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 06:35 pm
@joefromchicago,
Is +13 an A2K record?

I was sorely tempted to give it a one shot boost but nahhhhhh.

Nevertheless, it's worthy of a whole buncha

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

A question. How is it that someone as "bright" as Setanta can't see how dumb/hypocritical/[fill in the blank] he is?

0 Replies