OBVIOUS TROLL

Rockhead

Thu 24 Mar, 2011 09:17 pm
@Ionus,
he says from a tiny little hill wagging his tiny little finger in exasperated and lonely shame...

there, now we have criticized two trolls.
Ionus

Thu 24 Mar, 2011 09:20 pm
@Rockhead,
And achieved naught but improve your self image by attempting to put others down......with a dick that little to justify your overcompensating, you would have to sit down to piss .
0 Replies

msolga

Thu 24 Mar, 2011 09:25 pm
@Ionus,
Quite a few of us haven't mentioned any names, nor criticized any particular poster/s, Ionus.
I just don't like trolling much, that's all.
msolga

Thu 24 Mar, 2011 09:27 pm
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
Joe(hence my shyness)Nation

By "shyness" do you mean that you are frequenting the site less now, Joe?
0 Replies

firefly

Thu 24 Mar, 2011 09:30 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
This is the second post I've seen lately about this. I believe this is only true if you've thumbed up a thread originated by someone you have used the ignore button on.

Would you mind helping to see if that is the case or if there is a bug somewhere? Try thumbing down the thread again and see if it is still visible when you refresh the list. Could you also post which browser you use? I'm interested in what the result is for you.

No, Butrflynet, I had not thumbed the thread up. I never thumb threads either up or down.

But, I'll experiment just for you...

If I thumb the thread down, I do not see the thread whether or not I put Setanta on ignore. So, thumbing a thread down means you don't see the thread. It doesn't even show up under "My Posts". But this has nothing to do with whether the thread starter is being ignored or not.

If I put Setanta on ignore, I still see the thread, and it appears under "My Posts", but only Setanta's opening post is visible, all of his other posts in this thread are collapsed.

So, it appears that putting someone on ignore collapses their posts from view, unless they have started a thread, in which case you will see the thread and the opening post by that person.

I don't know whether this is a bug, or whether the ignore feature is simply intended to apply to a member's posts, except those posts which open a topic thread. One might want to ignore a particular poster but not necessarily ignore all topic threads started by that poster.

I am using Internet Explorer.

Hope that helps you.

0 Replies

firefly

Thu 24 Mar, 2011 09:51 pm
@Butrflynet,
Now I am thoroughly confused. I just tried ignoring a different poster, and, in that case, threads started by that poster were collapsed from view. So, I don't know why it seems to work in some instances, but not in others. It is true that, if you give the thread a thumbs up, you will see the thread, even if the thread starter was on ignore (I just tried that too). But I didn't give this thread a thumbs up before I experimented with putting Setanta on ignore, and, in that instance, this thread was visible even with Setanta on ignore.
Butrflynet

Thu 24 Mar, 2011 10:11 pm
@firefly,
I'm guessing it happens when you post in a topic started by the person you have on ignore.

You could test that by posting something in the topics you say are now collapsed to see what happens.
Ionus

Thu 24 Mar, 2011 11:23 pm
@msolga,
That person is not a troll . But I could give you several things wrong with the person who started this thread . If you are going to object to a troll on religious principles, fine, but it would look better if you objected to trolls because of the damage they do to the forum . This means the instigator of this thread is more guilty than any troll . Anyway, I have seen many people here called a troll as soon as the caller realises they wont accept the caller's point of view .
msolga

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 12:48 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
That person is not a troll .

I have already said once that I haven't mentioned that person (or any other) in my posts on this thread, Ionus.
My comments have been about trolling.
I haven't mentioned religion, either.
I don't know why you've addressed this post to me.
roger

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 02:38 am
@firefly,
If you reply to a collapsed thread, it is there for you. You have indicated a preference. I think you can recollapse it if you give the thumb to the whole thread.
0 Replies

aidan

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 05:18 am
I'll tell you what I hate.
I hate when people tell other people who they should find interesting or funny, what they should or shouldn't read and/or respond to - who they should or shouldn't like or speak to or whatever...

Why the heck does anyone care who anyone else likes or speaks to or finds funny or interesting?

I don't get it.

I just read the 'How do I attract African Americans to a thread' thread and I found it pretty entertaining.

I don't give a **** if no one else finds it funny. I like this Jgoldman's sense of humor and irony and I found it funny- especially when he told one member or another that he didn't need to hear from them as they were a 'caucasian gay' or something.
Thanks for directing me to this person and my laugh of the day - I probably would have ignored it if I hadn't had my attention drawn to it by this thread.

By the way - is this the guy who used to post the Bible verses? I loved reading those too - even though I was told I shouldn't enjoy reading the bible at that time too.
Why do people think they can tell other people what to do?

You know it reminds me of a friend of mine who got really angry and hot under the collar because I continued to be friends with someone he didn't think I should be friends with. And I was like, 'Huh? Why do you think you can tell me who I can be friends with?'
To me, the fact that he thought he could direct me in that manner was more offensive than anything my other friend ever did or said.
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 05:34 am
No one is telling you anything. As usual, you take a topic and run away with it, your remarks increasingly irrelevant. I asked (let me emphasize asked) why people feed trolls. I didn't tell anyone to do anything. Take your phony indignation elsewhere.

Clown.
aidan

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 05:36 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Take your phony indignation elsewhere.

Stop telling me what to do.
Green Witch

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 05:38 am
Please, can't we all just get along?
0 Replies

djjd62

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 05:41 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Just about everyone posting in this thread has considerable personality defects but you have banded together to criticise only one ? The arrogance of you lot staggers me .

i'm an equal opportunity hater, i'll mock and disdain anyones beliefs, even my own
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 05:59 am
@aidan,
Bite me, asshole, that's the first time i've told you to do anything. You work yourself up like some dried up spinster whose only excitement in life is her phony indignation.

Idiot
aidan

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 06:05 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Bite me, asshole,

I think I told you to stop telling me what to do.
Setanta

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 06:08 am
@aidan,
Who gives a **** what you told me? You want no one to tell you what to do, but think you can tell others what to do? Hypocrite. You just came here looking for a fight, and surprise, surprise, you found one. You're trolling in this thread as surely as the clown i originally referred to trolls the whole site.

Bitch
0 Replies

aidan

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 06:11 am
Quote:
You work yourself up like some dried up spinster whose only excitement in life is her phony indignation.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
my SECOND laugh of the day!!! This thread is a goldmine.
Setanta

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 06:16 am
So are you, with your trolling and your phony indignation. That's about all you ever do around here, that and making up stories to try to suggest that your life's experience qualifies you as an expert on every subject. That an admitted liar like you criticizes anyone else is rich, and hilarious.