OBVIOUS TROLL

edgarblythe

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 02:34 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

PUNKEY wrote:

". . . one who starts many, many threads, and then yells at people, rants, quotes scripture, indulges antisemitism and other religious and racial prejudices . . ."

That fits quite a few posters, here.
Could you be more specific?

jeez, we're talking about edgarblythe, can't you tell?

Ya dern tootin'. THe site is out to get me, but I aim to get it first.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 02:42 pm
Well, there are so many trolls here, it is very hard to avoid all of them. I study troll um, behavior. It seems mostly to be going from thread to thread and posting something obtuse, then defending the post forever or until the bars open.

I used to think that they did it, the trolling that is, for fun, but as the years have gone by I see that it's some kind of mental condition.

Joe(hopeless, really)Nation
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 02:56 pm
@Ragman,
I find him a really slow motion train wreck and I peek in every few days or so . I love his upper case rants. Set is just easily annoyed. Ive told him that but does he listen??? NOOOO.
0 Replies

dlowan

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 03:01 pm
I see no evil.

There's a button for it and all.
0 Replies

thack45

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 03:09 pm
@Setanta,
Perhaps one of the photo shop savy members here can whip you up a nice 'No Feeding The Trolls' sign Set.
dlowan

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 03:23 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

"It takes a village (to raise a troll)!"

That is true. It bears repeating.

It takes a village to raise a troll

0 Replies

thack45

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 03:23 pm
@thack45,
Nevermind. Plenty have already been made...

http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/29908-feed_trolls.jpg

0 Replies

thack45

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 03:26 pm
http://art.ngfiles.com/images/47/archon68_do-not-feed-the-troll.jpg
0 Replies

thack45

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 03:29 pm
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Troll-Spray-atsof-545146_377_603.jpg
0 Replies

MonaLeeza

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 03:30 pm
@Setanta,
I think this guy has aspergers and/or some other developmental disorder or possibly a mental illness, and as soon as I started to think that I stopped responding to his posts. Despite claims about his own IQ I don't think he has the intellectual capacity to see beyond the simplistic bigotry that he has been taught - probably by his mother. He's admitted that he doesn't have many friends and he clearly spends a lot of time on the net - I think maybe the negative attention he gets here (and previously on other sites) is better than no attention at all. That's just my impression.
ossobuco

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 03:44 pm
@MonaLeeza,
I agreed with you for quite a while and then started to think otherwise by others points of view, and now I'm back to obsessive either way.
Thing is, even this thread that I'm fine with is also a feed.

The good news, this makes me want to start pencil drawing again - we could use some new troll depiction efforts. Since I'm not a maven of troll illustration through history, I could probably come up with some odd version of my own, if only by mistake.

Are trolls ever rabbits?
farmerman

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 04:18 pm
@MonaLeeza,
Im thinking more in the neighborhood of turrets syndrome.
0 Replies

Reyn

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 04:44 pm
@Setanta,
And here was me looking forward to a thread about fishing here. Sad
djjd62

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 04:54 pm
@Reyn,
a father and son fish were minding their own business when they noticed william shatner fishing from a small boat, the younger fish was very excited, swimming a round and asking his father what he thought mr. shatner was trying to catch, his father told him to never mind and be careful, the son in his excitement didn't see mr. shatners hook and got him self caught, as he was drawn towards the surface he heard his father exclaim, "ask not for whom the bill trolls, he trolls for thee"
ehBeth

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 04:54 pm
@djjd62,
Mr. Shatner is 80 years old today.

He looks pretty fine for that age.
djjd62

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 05:03 pm
@ehBeth,
caught that on the CBC this morning, woke up to a discussion about him and first thought, uh oh, we lost bill, horrible when some folks get to a certain age you assume the worst
ehBeth

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 05:06 pm
@djjd62,
http://www.tshirtwatch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/william-shatner-shirt.gif
djjd62

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 05:08 pm
@ehBeth,
he shows up o the opie and anthony show every couple of years and he used to be great on stern in the terrestrial days (his trip to the homo room is an oft played stern classic)
ehBeth

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 05:10 pm
@djjd62,
0 Replies

msolga

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 05:38 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
For every village idiot, there is a village enthralled by idiocy.

Not everyone in the village is enthralled.
Nor by the endless responses to the village idiot/s.
Just wanted to say that.