OBVIOUS TROLL

Walter Hinteler

Tue 17 Jul, 2012 10:01 am
@JoeWillis,
JoeWillis wrote:

Aye you son's of bitches be talk'n about me!? I'm not trolling! + I'm to assume yourtalking about me Setanta and this post makes me feel specail you just gave me my biggest feed so far I love the attention, thanks Smile
Indeed, he was talking about you! He's such a great guy that he knew you would join ... 113 days before you actually did.
JoeWillis

Tue 17 Jul, 2012 10:15 am
@Walter Hinteler,
LOl is that how old this post is, lol I actually thought he was talking about me since he's been posting on most of my fourms latley.
Setanta

Tue 17 Jul, 2012 10:17 am
I don't even recognize your screen name, idiot.
0 Replies

Ragman

Tue 17 Jul, 2012 10:20 am
@JoeWillis,
"What you talkin 'bout, Willis?"
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Wed 28 Nov, 2012 08:19 am
So whose ridge are we trip tripping over, anyhow?
0 Replies

IsmailaGodHasHeard

Tue 18 Dec, 2012 11:35 pm
@Setanta,
I agree. People should ignore him/her.
0 Replies

IsmailaGodHasHeard

Tue 18 Dec, 2012 11:37 pm
@glitterbag,
You rock.
0 Replies

nothingtodo

Thu 20 Dec, 2012 08:04 am
@Setanta,
People respond because there are almost infinite variances of mentality, those variances can see sometimes a problem which needs fixing or an insight they require closure on outside your own perception..

Get used to it.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 9 Jan, 2014 06:02 am
@Setanta,
ID the troll for all us newbies.
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 9 Jan, 2014 06:39 am
Read the f*cking thread.
0 Replies

layman

Mon 9 Nov, 2015 03:53 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
We have an obvious troll here

Ya think?

Quote:
I just call them holy rollers because it tends to piss them off.

http://able2know.org/topic/301364-5#post-6065099
0 Replies

Ragman

Mon 9 Nov, 2015 04:10 pm
@Setanta,
I have the same question in general about the forum as to the attention given to attention whores and trolls. Why feed an obvious negative behavior? I look at it as a lack of self-control and awareness.

{edit: oops..dead thread going on 3 years or more! I still meant what I wrote.}
layman

Mon 9 Nov, 2015 04:17 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
I have the same question in general about the forum as to the attention given to attention whores and trolls

Well, Rags, it's worth it if you can generate a post that gets 28(!) thumbs up, I figure.

http://able2know.org/topic/169651-8#post-4552129
0 Replies

Ragman

Mon 9 Nov, 2015 04:17 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

For every village idiot, there is a village enthralled by idiocy.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Mon 9 Nov, 2015 04:33 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

I have the same question in general about the forum as to the attention given to attention whores and trolls. Why feed an obvious negative behavior? I look at it as a lack of self-control and awareness.

{edit: oops..dead thread going on 3 years or more! I still meant what I wrote.}

The topic of A2K'ers taking giving voice to ideas that they dont approve of, regardless of the quality of the argument for them, as negative behaviour is timeless.
Ragman

Mon 9 Nov, 2015 04:44 pm
@hawkeye10,
Seeing that I've been on A2K almost since Day 1 (going on 13 yrs) and active on Abuzz at or near its start, you're not informing me of any dynamics I was not aware of.

IMHO the issue is whether or not the behavior of constantly feeding of trolls is a worthwhile pursuit and improves the participation on the forum.
hawkeye10

Mon 9 Nov, 2015 05:07 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
IMHO the issue is whether or not the behavior of constantly feeding of trolls is a worthwhile pursuit and improves the participation on the forum.

A troll is in the eye of the beholder, so the question has limited value. Also, "troll" by definition requires one to judge the motive of others unless we go to some of these new definitions which define a troll as anyone who disturbs the peace, which is in a virtual place like this almost impossible to do, so the premise of the question is deeply flawed from the get go. Much better would be ask whether rewarding bullying behaviour at A2K is a worthwhile pursuit and does it improve A2K.

My answer of course is a resounding HELL NO! on both counts.
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 9 Nov, 2015 05:21 pm
In fact, i was inspired to start this thread because one of our members, whom i would have thought was more thoughtful, posted an image in one of the threads of the individual referred to which read "Obvious troll is obvious." My immediate response, was, therefore, why feed him?
hawkeye10

Mon 9 Nov, 2015 05:27 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

In fact, i was inspired to start this thread because one of our members, whom i would have thought was more thoughtful, posted an image in one of the threads of the individual referred to which read "Obvious troll is obvious." My immediate response, was, therefore, why feed him?

Because it is not the personality who is speaking that is important, it is the ideas being spoken. You would be a much better member if you reserved your vast well of hostility for bad ideas rather than for going after the people you dont like.
Setanta

Mon 9 Nov, 2015 05:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
You are so clueless. It doesn't matter whether the individual referred to deserved to be called a troll, people were treating him as a troll and calling him a troll and piling on him, apparently to amuse themselves. Anyone who really considered him a troll would have better advised to simply ignore him rather than dipping into their personal "well of hostility." You crack me up--when i point out that what you post is BS, it is not necessarily an act of hostility--in fact, i usually find your wrong-headed drivel to be truly hilarious. But we are, at least ostensibly, here to provide information and answers. In light of that, it is useful to point out when you have posted BS--which is most of the time.
0 Replies