OBVIOUS TROLL

Setanta

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 12:46 pm
We have an obvious troll here, one who starts many, many threads, and then yells at people, rants, quotes scripture, indulges antisemitism and other religious and racial prejudices . . .

But my question is, why do you keep feeding this troll? I am happy to acknowledge that i played with the troll for a while, but i stopped. Why do the rest of you keep feeding him? I ask this because every time i see one of this troll's threads, i see that people--often intelligent, thoughtful people--are responding to the idiocy.

How come, goys and birls?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 38 • Views: 32,905 • Replies: 221
Topic Closed

Rockhead

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 12:51 pm
@Setanta,
crap.

I thought this was gonna be a self help thingy...

we love you anyways, Set.
ossobuco

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 12:54 pm
@Setanta,
I quit responding for a while (not sure how many days, and relapsed recently. Now I'm back on the troll wagon.
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 01:00 pm
@Rockhead,
Keep yer hands to yerself, Boy . . .

I'll set The Girl on ya . . .
0 Replies

wandeljw

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 01:07 pm
I think I know who you are referring to, Setanta. Most trolls do not react to negative comments in a manner that can be considered entertaining. I believe that those who respond to this particular troll are entertained by his wild reactions.
Setanta

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 01:09 pm
@wandeljw,
That's a good observation, but i'm amazed by how long a run this troll has had, and with really feeble bullshit, too. And, i'm also chiding the other members here for feeding the troll.
glitterbag

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 01:29 pm
@Setanta,
I haven't been arond for a while and I don't remember who is or who is not a troll, but something tells me I'll be quickly reminded. Speaking for myself alone, sometimes issues or comments strike me as so stupid it's hard to ignore. That being said, it stands to reason I shouldn't encourage a troll but sometimes we all behave like 8 year olds. It's the old "I know you are, but what am I" behaviour. Kind of like the automatic reaction most of us have when someone behind us leans on the horn as soon as the light turns green. I've started blowing kisses to hostile drivers, it really pisses them off and unpisses me off.
Setanta

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 01:46 pm
@glitterbag,
If you haven't been around for a while, you likely haven't encountered the individual to whom i refer. You probably will, though, before very long. I like your way of dealing with the highway trolls.
0 Replies

chai2

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 01:48 pm
Honestly?

The person I know we're talking about doesn't bother me at all.

There are people that regularly make comments, who I believe are clear dangers to society, yet others engage them regularly.

Those are the one's I try with all my might to avoid, and if I do, I soon regret it, and disappear.
0 Replies

spidergal

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 01:48 pm
I don't respond to him, Set. I don't think he is even worth procrastination, though I must admit on numerous occasions I've had to fight a temptation to leave a snarky reply on this threads.
chai2

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 01:50 pm
@spidergal,
Is that you wearing that face mask spider-g?
PUNKEY

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 01:51 pm
". . . one who starts many, many threads, and then yells at people, rants, quotes scripture, indulges antisemitism and other religious and racial prejudices . . ."

That fits quite a few posters, here.
Could you be more specific?

chai2

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 01:54 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

". . . one who starts many, many threads, and then yells at people, rants, quotes scripture, indulges antisemitism and other religious and racial prejudices . . ."

That fits quite a few posters, here.
Could you be more specific?

jeez, we're talking about edgarblythe, can't you tell?
Setanta

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 02:01 pm
@spidergal,
I don't respond to him, Darlin', and haven't since shortly after he got up to his antics. I'm just amazed that others are still feeding him.
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 02:03 pm
@PUNKEY,
No, i'm not going to name any names. If there is someone you have in mind, and it doesn't happen to be the one whom i have in mind, it doesn't matter, because the question is still why would you fee the troll.
Ragman

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 02:06 pm
@Setanta,
That's Entertainment:
0 Replies

spidergal

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 02:08 pm
@chai2,
Why, yes, Chai!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 02:13 pm
@Setanta,
You must mean this guy:
http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/5317057/why-do-things-have-to-change.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Crying-Baby

I put him on Ignore and asked the Mods to block his annoying, sometimes nasty, PM's. This is my current position on the situation:

http://www.asianartistsonline.com/images/sm-products/feng-shui/30130-hong-tze-3-monkeys.jpg
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 02:21 pm
For every village idiot, there is a village enthralled by idiocy.
Ragman

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 02:23 pm
@Robert Gentel,
"It takes a village (to raise a troll)!"