So How Is Your NCAA B-Ball Bracket Holding Up?

sozobe

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 08:26 am
Sigh.

I didn't watch the game (OSU/ Kentucky), it was on late and figured if they won then I'd watch the next one and if they lost I didn't want to watch. Had a vivid dream that they lost, woke up disappointed. Woke up the rest of the way, remembered that I didn't actually know anything yet, wasn't optimistic though. Checked the computer, and sure enough...

Sigh.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 08:35 am
@sozobe,
Depressing year for basketball brackets. I must have had mine built in China as it fell apart too easily.

Still, my personal favorite team, UConn is still in the game though I expected they'd lose to Duke and now that the Blue Devils had been shotgunned out of the race....
CowDoc

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 11:02 am
@djjd62,
Virginia Commonwealth University, I think. RJB would know for certain.
djjd62

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 11:12 am
@CowDoc,
cool, i wonder what the chances are they could win it all
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 11:23 am
@djjd62,
VCU?

Their moms where combat boots! And they smell like big poopie heads! {{{harrumph}}}
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 05:49 pm
@tsarstepan,
...and Florida bites the dust - I now have only KU still kicking.
JPB

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 05:51 pm
@CowDoc,
Butler? Who'dathunkit?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 05:54 pm
@CowDoc,
Same with me, and neither of them did I choose to win..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 05:55 pm
@djjd62,
I looked it up and then forgot it immediately. Something like Virginia commonweath university.
(oops, missed cowdoc's post)
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 06:37 pm
@ossobuco,
VCU is located in downtown Richmond, VA. It has always lived in the shadows of the other public universities (UVA, Wm and Mary, Va Tech), but it is good and getting better.
The arts programs (visual and performing) rank near the top and the med school is really getting beefed up in recent years.
Go, Rams!
CowDoc

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 02:38 pm
@realjohnboy,
Well, my bracket is now officially dead, along with just about everybody else. Butler vs. VCU??? We all saw that one coming didn't we?
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 02:45 pm
Kansas looked a little flat today.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 02:55 pm
@LionTamerX,
The strongest team is UConn in the Final Four! I should have had faith in my favorite team.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 02:59 pm
@tsarstepan,
The VCU campus is going happily nuts right now.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 03:03 pm
@realjohnboy,
Djjds62 has VCU winning it all on the A2K Fantasy NCAA game.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 03:04 pm
@realjohnboy,
DJ's winning of the a2k pool will initiate the Apocalypse! Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 03:07 pm
@realjohnboy,
Cool!
I'm dead in the water, with Connecticut and Florida but not in the final four. Oh, well, it was fun.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 02:33 pm
@ossobuco,
Did you see the story about the librarian who selected all of the final 4 teams? She alone on one of the big sites (ESPN, Yahoo or the Times) managed to do that. She based her picks based on something like the number of letters in the names of the mascots.
She has UConn to win it all.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 02:41 pm
@realjohnboy,
it makes me laugh that a completely random system gets me a team in the final four, a radio show i listen to got a team to final four by choosing their bracket with coin tosses, it really is a crap shoot for the most part
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 02:55 pm
@djjd62,
For the past 6 or so NFL seasons we have played a game here where we pick the winners of games each week (straight up - no odds or points etc). We keep track of the 25 or so players' cumulative W-L record. In addition to us, I follow how the best and worst ESPN experts do as well as, this year, my new friend CoinToss CoinToss.
The best ESPN guy ended the season in something like 4th place while the worst was in about 20th. I didn't keep track of CT/CT because he/she joined us mid-season.