gollum

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 03:06 pm
Why are students warned to not engage in plagiarism but "authors" of books are allowed to hire undisclosed ghost writers?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,756 • Replies: 9
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 03:11 pm
@gollum,
It isn't plagiarism when these ghost writers legally sign away their written work for others to take credit for. It might be lazy and despicable but not intellectual theft.
0 Replies

Pamela Rosa

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 03:39 pm
Why African-American Martin Looter King kept 'Dr.' gained through plagiarism and German minister didn't keep the title.?

Quote:

KELKHEIM, Germany (Reuters) –
Germany's defense minister said Monday he would give up his doctorate title in an attempt to quell a plagiarism scandal that has prompted a criminal investigation..................[more]

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110221/wl_nm/us_germany_minister_plagiarism
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 04:10 pm
@gollum,
Not only don't plagiarists give credit to the authors, they don't give cash! They don't pay them at all or even say thanks. Ghost writers get paid for their work.
Ionus

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 04:29 pm
I wish people would stop talking about ghosts . I already have a bed wetting problem .
Ragman

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 05:53 pm
@Ionus,
If your bed is wet, do the ghosts avoid you? This could be valuable info as a preventative, ala Ghostbusters. Who 'ya gonna call? Twisted Evil
gollum

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2011 08:19 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman-
Thank you.

My concern was not for the ghost writer who has agreed to allow another person to take credit for his work, but for the readers at least some of whom are fooled into believing that the nominal author actually wrote the book.
Ionus

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 02:28 am
@Ragman,
Quote:
If your bed is wet, do the ghosts avoid you? This could be valuable info as a preventative, ala Ghostbusters. Who 'ya gonna call?
Ahhh....I never said MY bed was wet...I sleep in some else's till I have night mares then I go back top my own. You have made an assumption .
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 04:11 am
@gollum,
Ah, yes. Caveat Emptor. The consumer is cheated of knowing the real author in the end.
Ionus

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 08:50 am
@Ragman,
Quote:
The consumer is cheated of knowing the real author in the end.

Shocked I dont want know to a real author in the end or anyone else's end for that matter......
0 Replies